Return to General Talk

Mafia VIII - Night 2

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Mafia VIII - Day 2

Postby dclark0699 » Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:49 pm

Yoda wrote:
dclark0699 wrote:Teddy is still rubbing me funny

:-B

:-b I knew it was worded funny when I wrote it, but I figured I'd just roll with it.
dclark0699
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Snakes Gould » Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:55 pm

just got in from work and im going to read everything to catch up. i did see the events of last night and im stoked ;-D

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Simulacrum » Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:30 pm

I'm sorry guys, I thought it was starting to become obvious to most that I am purely pro-town, and as a result I may have gotten a little comfortable. But it's flat out wrong to say that I'm all over the place with my voting. As someone else said, I voted for Yoda and teddyballgame yesterday. And I voted for teddyballgame today. That's not all over the place. I am mentioning other people that I have my eye on, and I am doing that a lot, so maybe that's what is being picked up on.

I remain committed to teddyballgame unless someone can convince me otherwise.

I want to share a few things about my self with you guys, just a few things that I think help explain my behavior, should you ever find yourself wondering. First, I type really, really fast. Pretty much as fast as I can think. So often times I form an entire thought process while typing a post, and then just submit it. Also, I have a job that requires me to be online all day long. So you'll find me in here quite a bit; and I enjoy this game and want to participate, so I tend to post a lot. And finally, I drink a looot of coffee all day, every day. I don't get caffeine rushes, caffeine just makes me feel "normal". So maybe if one of you is a therapist you can tell me what that means. :*) I'm just a very amped up guy and I'm going in a lot of different directions all the time.

This officially ends sharing time. :-B
2008 Cafeholics Pond Scum Champion
Future Champion of 2009 Cafeholics Masters
Simulacrum
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Chief Pixel PusherCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter

Postby dclark0699 » Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:42 pm

Simulacrum wrote:I'm sorry guys, I thought it was starting to become obvious to most that I am purely pro-town, and as a result I may have gotten a little comfortable. But it's flat out wrong to say that I'm all over the place with my voting. As someone else said, I voted for Yoda and teddyballgame yesterday. And I voted for teddyballgame today. That's not all over the place. I am mentioning other people that I have my eye on, and I am doing that a lot, so maybe that's what is being picked up on.

You did have some interest in poker that seems to have disappeared which is a little weird. I would have liked to see a better response to why you did that and it made me eyeball you a little harder, But since you have a similar suspect list as me - I believe you are a townie.
dclark0699
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby pokerplaya » Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:42 pm

Wow...crazy.... :-°

:-b
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 9)

Postby pokerplaya » Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:43 pm

Considering Teddy has done nothing to help himself, and I've been suspicious of him from the get go, I'm going to vote for him again. Hopefully, my gut is right.

Vote: TeddyBallgame
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 9)

Postby Snakes Gould » Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:05 am

i dont know how i agree with someone im suspicious of but teddy has given us almost nothing this game. even as the bandwagon was forming against him, he just sat back.

Vote: Teddy

another question...i thought inunchuk was saved by the doctor? why is he dead?

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Snakes Gould » Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:16 am

nvm i reread the first post of the dead and realize that inunchuk is dead and another townie was almost killed. i got it now.

SIGS!

Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Simulacrum » Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:26 am

This is from yesterday! But I think TheDude made a really good post regarding Teddy's suspicious behavior and it deserves re-posting today.

ThatDude wrote:
teddy ballgame wrote:I forgot to vote in my post about poker a few pages back. Of course now it looks like I'm jumping on the bandwagon, but I did mean to vote for him then.

Vote: pokerplaya

That post Teddy is referring to a few pages back?

teddy ballgame wrote:Sounds to me like you're just grasping for a reason to jump on a bandwagon.

On it's own, that fairly obvious contradiction in there might not mean all that much. But it's not exactly on it's own....

In this long 20 page day, Teddy's made exactly 10 posts. 3 of them were during the little side-bar GNR conversation, so they don't even count. That's 7 posts left speaking to the actual goings-on. That's the very definition of laying low.

And in those 7 posts, there's absolutely nothing of substance. There's barely anything even related to the game.

I'll spare you folks the trouble of searching for them yourselves. Since there's only 7 in a thread of over 200 posts, they can be easy to miss.

It's a near complete lack of participation, and what little he has contributed has been pretty meaningless, up until his vote for a guy collecting votes at the time. The rest can pretty much be summed up by "I know how this looks, but come on...."

As such :

Unvote : SNJez
Vote : Teddy

My theory on Teddy is this- he's scared right now. Last game, he dropped the ball big time just by being careless and was picked off right away. This time, I think he was lazy and forgot to learn from his mistake until it was too late and someone called him on it.
2008 Cafeholics Pond Scum Champion
Future Champion of 2009 Cafeholics Masters
Simulacrum
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Chief Pixel PusherCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter

Postby ThatDude » Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:32 am

First -- It's just ThatDude. Not remarkable or special. And certainly not TheDude, as I am in no way related to anything Lebowski-ish.

On to business....

I was coming here to put my vote on Teddy, and that's what I'm going to do.

Vote: Teddy

The odd coincidence of you reposting that from yesterday is just that. The fact that he's already got 4 votes on him doesn't much bother me either. Clearly I've had some suspicions of him for a while.
Sometimes it takes a crazy person to see the truth. If so, I'm a freaking lunatic.
ThatDude
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk