Mafia VIII - Night 1 - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Mafia VIII - Night 1

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Mafia VIII - Day 1

Postby Simulacrum » Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:36 am

Ugh... you're confusing me wake, with all this conditional logic and double speak. I unvoted Yoda because I didn't want to make an irreversible mistake, and he was very close to being lynched. Well, 6 pages later, I no longer think it is a mistake to lynch Yoda. I don't think he is the real doctor, and even if he is, he obviously has no interest in fully participating and enjoying this game with us.

Yoda wrote:If you are not retarded and you don't want to be called retarded then stop acting like it. Has nothing to do with my social skills. I call it as I see it. You would think someone who's been around as long as you have would know this by now.

^ We don't need this kind of material in the game, one way or another. So far as I can see it, there are 2 players that really stand out right now as extra lynchable, Yoda and teddyballgame. Teddy I am almost certain is just plain bad and up to no good. I'm not the only one pointing this out. And Yoda at this point has just become bad for the game and should probably just leave it. I really hope to find out he's not the real doctor, but a real doctor with a chip on his shoulder that size isn't going to be much help to us anyway.

Unvote: Poker
Vote: Yoda
2008 Cafeholics Pond Scum Champion
Future Champion of 2009 Cafeholics Masters
Simulacrum
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Chief Pixel PusherCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby ThatDude » Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:56 am

I'm just going to hit the highlights here, cause I really need to get some sleep.

wake wrote:I'm going to assume you're talking about trying to get the real doctor to come forward.

No. I was talking about what happens if we lynch Yoda now.

I'm certainly not advocating the real doctor revealing himself right now (if Yoda is lying). I can't think of any circumstances where the town benefits from the doctor revealing himself on day 1. Maybe in a situation where we have to lynch correctly or lose, but not on day 1. Which puts a big mafia flag on him.

wake wrote:First off, all your outcomes are based on the idea that a townie will definately be killed because the odds are against him. While that's true, the odds are always against the townies. By the time they have even odds with the mafia, they've lost the game. Therefore, you can't just assume that a townie will be killed in a given situation.

I'm not assuming it. I'm saying it's the most likely outcome, simply because there are more townies than non-townies.

It's possible the mafias will slip up and make themselves obvious, and we'll get them. Such as Yoda has done. But it's not something that can be really counted on.

wake wrote:Yoda is confirmed as the real doctor when no one else steps forward.

This simply isn't true, and you know it.

Yoda's claims aren't guaranteed to be true just because nobody claims otherwise. They are simply not proven false, at least not until either he dies (if he's telling the truth) or the real doctor dies (if he's lying).

Your plan seems to have two main goals.
1 - Reveal and confirm the identity of either the investigator or the doctor.
2 - Get the townies to burn a full day, by trying to prevent lynching someone who is clearly not good for the town and wanting the investigator to waste a night checking out that same someone, who is already clearly not good for the town.

At this point, I'd have to recommend the investigator check you out tonight. You and Yoda are showing similarities in your desire for bad things to happen to the townsfolk.
Sometimes it takes a crazy person to see the truth. If so, I'm a freaking lunatic.
ThatDude
General Manager
General Manager

Postby ThatDude » Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:01 am

Simulacrum wrote:Unvote: Poker
Vote: Yoda

And I believe that's 7 for Yoda.
Sometimes it takes a crazy person to see the truth. If so, I'm a freaking lunatic.
ThatDude
General Manager
General Manager

Postby bigh0rt » Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:05 am

A few notes...

1) For those simply looking at the odds, it's not like we're starting with some clean slate on Day 2 and have no idea who is who. We have, what, 20 pages of evidence to look at? I've found out a ton about who is who from looking back at Day 1 in previous games.

2) I hope Yoda isn't the real doctor, but even if he is, he's as good as dead on Night 1 anyway, from the mafia. For those pointing out the ISK as being a probability for killing him, I'm not sure why the ISK would do such a thing, and kill the only possible person who can save them from death at night... the ISK is looking for mafia and the investigator -- the doctor means nothing to him, unless I've missed something.

3) I know the popular position has been for the vigilante to not kill on Night 1, but Sim, if you're that certain that teddy is mafia, and can throw some more backing behind your claim, maybe the vigilante wants to take a look at him tonight. Again, I am not advocating this, as much as I am simply investigating it -- maybe we want to come up with some sort of a plan collectively? I know there's 3 mafia members who would be giving us faulty info, but again, for those who survive to Day 2, we could look back and see who advocated what, and use what we discover on the morning of Day 2 to help figure out who is who.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 347)

Postby Simulacrum » Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:37 am

bigh0rt wrote:A few notes...

1) For those simply looking at the odds, it's not like we're starting with some clean slate on Day 2 and have no idea who is who. We have, what, 20 pages of evidence to look at? I've found out a ton about who is who from looking back at Day 1 in previous games.

2) I hope Yoda isn't the real doctor, but even if he is, he's as good as dead on Night 1 anyway, from the mafia. For those pointing out the ISK as being a probability for killing him, I'm not sure why the ISK would do such a thing, and kill the only possible person who can save them from death at night... the ISK is looking for mafia and the investigator -- the doctor means nothing to him, unless I've missed something.

3) I know the popular position has been for the vigilante to not kill on Night 1, but Sim, if you're that certain that teddy is mafia, and can throw some more backing behind your claim, maybe the vigilante wants to take a look at him tonight. Again, I am not advocating this, as much as I am simply investigating it -- maybe we want to come up with some sort of a plan collectively? I know there's 3 mafia members who would be giving us faulty info, but again, for those who survive to Day 2, we could look back and see who advocated what, and use what we discover on the morning of Day 2 to help figure out who is who.

I don't understand this last part- are you saying you want each person to name someone whom they would suggest for the vigilante to kill?
2008 Cafeholics Pond Scum Champion
Future Champion of 2009 Cafeholics Masters
Simulacrum
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Chief Pixel PusherCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter

Postby bigh0rt » Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:06 am

Simulacrum wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:A few notes...

I don't understand this last part- are you saying you want each person to name someone whom they would suggest for the vigilante to kill?

Not just name someone. I thought we could have a discussion, and see if there was some form of consensus or what have you, with people giving their reasoning and so forth. If Yoda does have 7 votes now, though, and it will be night, we won't get the chance, so I'm all for the vigilante abstaining, given what we know.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 347)

Postby SJNez46 » Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:12 am

Dont have time to completely read through right now but i will when i get home. I really dont believe Yoda is the doctor though..
^ Thanks a ton to Big Pimpin for the sig.^
My Sigs http://www.freewebs.com/sjnez46/sjnez46ssiggallery.htm
SJNez46
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Graphics ExpertWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby dclark0699 » Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:58 am

Why does the interesting stuff happen when I'm asleep?

I'd be shocked if Yoda is the real Doctor but h's got 7 votes now, so we're going to find out soon enough. He's smelled off mafia much of the day and even if he isn't, he doesn't seem to be enjoying the game too much.

My position on the Vigilante: If Yoda is mafia here, I'm more inclined to say let him try to make a kill if he has a lead. We'll have a 9-2-1 advantage and if he is right, the game could be over very quickly. If Yoda is actually the Doctor, or just some crazy regular townie, then the Vigilante should be almost sure before pulling the trigger, otherwise it could be 7-3-1.
dclark0699
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Yoda » Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:13 am

%-6
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby J35J » Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:23 am

Actually ThatDude Unvoted the wrong guy....his vote is currently on SJNez by my calculation.....
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 369)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk