Marketing Plan - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Marketing Plan

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Marketing Plan

Postby Spiegepj » Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:34 pm

For a college marketing course, I have to do this huge marketing plan project.

The description says "Marketing plans should be based on the introduction of an innovation created by the student. A sample or prototype of the product or service should accompany the submittal"

I am stuck with what product market. I have to choose a new product, and create an entire marketing plan.

An example another group is marketing is Gatorade with protein.

Any ideas? Thanks
Spiegepj
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Marketing Plan

Postby DbacksRback » Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:02 pm

I am a marketing major but havnt got into any really hard marketing stuff. Mabey like a Shoe for runners, or a good one you could market( actuall is a bat that reebok let my college team test out/have for free)was a aluminum bat with holes in the shaft between the barrel and the handel it was supposed to reduce air resistance by 44% percent or something like that.....The bat sucked though. Reebok should not be making baseball bats :-b You could market that as a new, up-in-coming bat style for college baseball or something. Hope that helps ;-D

DbacksRback
General Manager
General Manager

Lucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 57)

Postby The Artful Dodger » Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:16 am

Somehow I'm not connecting protein with Gatorade. That's like putting ground coffee in orange juice to me; protein powder is best left to shakes and smoothies. :-b

In all seriousness, I think the Gatorade with protein idea is a great example as to what you should do, that is, if you're not all that ambitious to create something. Any slight improvement on something that works well now which can in turn make it better and create value is the way to go. If someone created it before you, no problem. Just pick/create something that sounds relatively new to most people.

More importantly, do you know you can build it and if not, do you know anyone that can? I once took an entrepreneurship course, where I wound up creating a neural network-based software bot, which was more computer science than business; needless to say, it took me all semester to build the darn prototype. It wasn't just me as I actually hired some help and got it done that way. In the end, I was just glad my GPA didn't go up in flames. :-b

It's kinda like the Old Cafe - http://fbc2.freeforums.net
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 670)

Postby knapplc » Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:32 am

You need to invent something, right? I don't know why this hasn't been mentioned before, but the greatest crisis facing the world today is that little pool of water that forms on the top of the mustard between uses. You make your sandwich all perfect, then go to apply the dijon coup de'grace, only to have your lunch ruined by a sudden gush of liquid.

You invent a REAL solution to that problem (not these half-baked ideas we have on products today), and your marketing plan will basically write itself. ;-D
Keep wreves in General Talk in 2011!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Dan Lambskin » Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:50 am

knapplc wrote:You need to invent something, right? I don't know why this hasn't been mentioned before, but the greatest crisis facing the world today is that little pool of water that forms on the top of the mustard between uses. You make your sandwich all perfect, then go to apply the dijon coup de'grace, only to have your lunch ruined by a sudden gush of liquid.

You invent a REAL solution to that problem (not these half-baked ideas we have on products today), and your marketing plan will basically write itself. ;-D

why would you want to ruin a perfectly good sandwich with dijon? i guess if it's a roast beef sandwich it would be ok
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby KCollins1304 » Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:52 am

knapplc wrote:You need to invent something, right? I don't know why this hasn't been mentioned before, but the greatest crisis facing the world today is that little pool of water that forms on the top of the mustard between uses. You make your sandwich all perfect, then go to apply the dijon coup de'grace, only to have your lunch ruined by a sudden gush of liquid.

Try shaking the bottle before applying. :-D
KCollins1304
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby knapplc » Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:06 am

Why should I have to go to all the trouble of shaking? That seems like a lot of extra work, KC. :-b
Keep wreves in General Talk in 2011!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Art Vandelay » Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:33 am

KCollins1304 wrote:

Try shaking the bottle before applying. :-D

ha...that's what I was thinking. Inventing a solution that that "problem" reminds me of NASA's 'no gravity' pen, or whatever it was called.
Art Vandelay
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to General Talk