Round 3 (POTUS Debate) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Round 3 (POTUS Debate)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Round 3 (POTUS Debate)

Postby Big Pimpin » Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:46 am

Amazinz wrote:Troops To Teachers is an ingenious plan to knock the Nancy out of these kids as early as possible... }:-)

Not a terrible idea in itself. Just think if you replaced all PE teachers with former drill sergeants, you might take the fat camps out of business. :-D
Big Pimpin
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 4)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Neato Torpedo » Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:00 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ao5V66m5FaA

I was literally laughing hard at McCain's reaction here. Funniest moment of the debate, with a close second being when Obama outright burned Fox News on their right-wing slant.

Rocinante2: you know
Rocinante2: its easy to dismiss the orioles as a bad team
ofanrex: go on
Rocinante2: i'm done
Rocinante2: lmao

Play Brushback Baseball! (we need more people)
Neato Torpedo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerWeb Supporter

Postby Big Pimpin » Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:11 pm

Neato Torpedo wrote:when Obama outright burned Fox News on their right-wing slant.

I didn't watch the debate at all, and I can't say I really disagree with that statement, but I'm curious if McCain followed that up by commenting on the left-wing slant of ABC, NBC, CBS, CNN, and ESPN. :-b
Big Pimpin
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 4)

Postby bigh0rt » Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:26 pm

knapplc wrote:
Amazinz wrote:I'm just messing around... I don't have much familiarity with the TFT program but I am pretty sure it's designed to ease the transition from military service to an education career for qualified people. What I believe McCain was referring to is not about relaxing criteria but simplifying the transition (like transfering college credits). As for whether or not that is necessary, I have no idea.

Yes, this is true. McCain isn't saying, leave the military - walk into the classroom. You have to be qualified to be a teacher, etc, etc.

It actually seemed as if that's what he was proposing... He said, he didn't want former service members to be burdened with certification exams and other hoops that teachers have to jump through. I'm all for former military members being teachers, but they need to be just as qualified as I am.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 375)

Postby BronXBombers51 » Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:29 pm

Neato Torpedo wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ao5V66m5FaA

I was literally laughing hard at McCain's reaction here. Funniest moment of the debate, with a close second being when Obama outright burned Fox News on their right-wing slant.

I remember laughing out loud at that point. Look at McCain's face from :47 to 1:01. Lmao.
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 54)

Postby Metroid » Thu Oct 16, 2008 1:47 pm

bigh0rt wrote:
knapplc wrote:
Amazinz wrote:I'm just messing around... I don't have much familiarity with the TFT program but I am pretty sure it's designed to ease the transition from military service to an education career for qualified people. What I believe McCain was referring to is not about relaxing criteria but simplifying the transition (like transfering college credits). As for whether or not that is necessary, I have no idea.

Yes, this is true. McCain isn't saying, leave the military - walk into the classroom. You have to be qualified to be a teacher, etc, etc.

It actually seemed as if that's what he was proposing... He said, he didn't want former service members to be burdened with certification exams and other hoops that teachers have to jump through. I'm all for former military members being teachers, but they need to be just as qualified as I am.

Yeah I thought I heard him say that, I'm not down with that at all. :-t
Metroid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFootball Mod
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Art Vandelay » Thu Oct 16, 2008 1:58 pm

This 'Joe the Plumber' business is getting hilarious. It's looking more and more like he was either a plant, or simply a lair.
Art Vandelay
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Yoda » Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:05 pm

Overall McCain just came across as a bitter, old man. Again. Focusing on Obama's camp and not the issues.

For instance, why knock Biden at all? He isn't running against Biden. Just say that he is a nice man and capable of filling in should something happen to Obama. Exactly like Obama did with Palin. Show some class in front of national TV.
Last edited by Yoda on Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby knapplc » Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:06 pm

That's what I'm getting concerned about, Art. Joe is not licensed, he has no intentions of buying the company for which he works anytime soon, and he doesn't make nearly enough money to fall under Obama's tax plan. It's pretty weird.

I would have to say that I do NOT think he was a plant, or at least that he wasn't planted in Obama's path by anyone closely connected to the McCain campaign. It would be a colossal mistake to put someone out there, then make them a focal point of your last ditch chance to appeal to the voters, only to have it all backfire on you when it turns out he isn't the guy he says he is.
Keep wreves in General Talk in 2011!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle Eye

Postby knapplc » Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:09 pm

This is going way too far, I'd say:

Irish bookmaker pays out early on Obama victory

DUBLIN (Reuters) – Ireland's biggest bookmaker Paddy Power said Thursday it would pay out early more than 1 million euros (782,776 pounds) on bets that Barack Obama will be the next U.S. president, three weeks ahead of the election.

The Dublin-based bookmaker said it made the "unprecedented decision" to pay on bets taken so far, following Wednesday's final campaign debate between Obama and his Republican rival John McCain, which polls judged the Democrat to have won.

"We declare this race well and truly over and congratulate all those who backed Obama," Power said.

Link to full story

I wouldn't count McCain out of this yet, not by a long shot. There's 3+ weeks of tomfoolery left. Obama hasn't wrapped anything up at all.
Keep wreves in General Talk in 2011!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle Eye

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk