Prior season thread - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Phi Sig Keepers

Prior season thread

Moderators: sstobe, deerayfan072, Baseball Moderators

Re: 2012 League trash talk and discussion

Postby mocs12 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:14 pm

I have something to throw out there for discussion:

To avoid any problems during the draft is it possible to go ahead and input the guys from our minor league rosters that we have to use draft picks on. For example, I have to use my pick in round 23 on Pineda. By putting him in that slot before the draft it eliminates the possibility of somebody accidentally picking him and causing a problem during the draft. Maybe it's not possible but thought it would be worth asking.
Thanks.
mocs12
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby xtreme99 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:30 pm

mocs12 wrote:I have something to throw out there for discussion:

To avoid any problems during the draft is it possible to go ahead and input the guys from our minor league rosters that we have to use draft picks on. For example, I have to use my pick in round 23 on Pineda. By putting him in that slot before the draft it eliminates the possibility of somebody accidentally picking him and causing a problem during the draft. Maybe it's not possible but thought it would be worth asking.
Thanks.

Agree. Or even go as far as giving Tobe your minor keepers and having him add them to your team now that way they count towards your draft picks and nobody accidentally grabs someone.
I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day.
xtreme99
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 20)

Postby sstobe » Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:23 pm

xtreme99 wrote:
mocs12 wrote:I have something to throw out there for discussion:

Thanks.

Agree. Or even go as far as giving Tobe your minor keepers and having him add them to your team now that way they count towards your draft picks and nobody accidentally grabs someone.

I haven't found a way around this yet. If you guys want to send me your minor league guys that you plan on calling up I can try to figure it out. Email me at mcgrady@ufl.edu.
sstobe
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 29)

Postby xtreme99 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:22 pm

Glad to see my champions trophy just showed up in my profile. If you guys want to take a look, help yourself. I wonder what back-to-back trophies look like, guess Ill know come October ;-D
I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day.
xtreme99
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby irishstephen071 » Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:29 am

So I gotta ask, has everyone chose which minor leaguers they are keeping this year? So the rest are fair game or what?
irishstephen071
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 10)

Postby deerayfan072 » Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:17 am

irishstephen071 wrote:So I gotta ask, has everyone chose which minor leaguers they are keeping this year? So the rest are fair game or what?

if they are on your team they are off limits to be drafted by anyone other than you. If you make the decision not to draft them they go into FA and people can use waivers to get them

;-D Hope that answers your question
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 36)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby irishstephen071 » Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:37 am

deerayfan072 wrote:
irishstephen071 wrote:So I gotta ask, has everyone chose which minor leaguers they are keeping this year? So the rest are fair game or what?

if they are on your team they are off limits to be drafted by anyone other than you. If you make the decision not to draft them they go into FA and people can use waivers to get them

I understand that but what I'm asking is like on my draft board for my team I already have Belt, Moustakas, and Freeman already drafted in my last rounds available but I still see some that arent like Hosmer and such so I was just wondering if everyone had picked who they wanted or if we still gotta wait till the end and get them through FA? Like you have Jennings already drafted so no one can draft him so I was just wondering if everyone had said who they were keeping or not.
irishstephen071
College Coach
College Coach

Postby deerayfan072 » Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:43 pm

irishstephen071 wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:

I understand that but what I'm asking is like on my draft board for my team I already have Belt, Moustakas, and Freeman already drafted in my last rounds available but I still see some that arent like Hosmer and such so I was just wondering if everyone had picked who they wanted or if we still gotta wait till the end and get them through FA? Like you have Jennings already drafted so no one can draft him so I was just wondering if everyone had said who they were keeping or not.

Still wait to FA no matter what. I decided not to take Desmond you all would still have to wait and fight for him on the waiver wire
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 36)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby irishstephen071 » Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:54 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:
irishstephen071 wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:

Still wait to FA no matter what. I decided not to take Desmond you all would still have to wait and fight for him on the waiver wire

Ok thanks, that clears it up for me.
irishstephen071
College Coach
College Coach

Postby xtreme99 » Sun Mar 11, 2012 3:36 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:
irishstephen071 wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:

Is this the case? I thought the whole reason why Tobe was adding minor league keepers was to know who was kept and who wasn't. If a player is over their limit and not kept, then they can be drafted just like every other player. There is really no reason to have to keep track of all these guys and then get them off the FA list when they can be drafted.
xtreme99
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

PreviousNext

Return to Phi Sig Keepers