Prior season thread - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Phi Sig Keepers

Prior season thread

Moderators: sstobe, deerayfan072, Baseball Moderators

Re: Drafting minor leaguers...

Postby deerayfan072 » Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:04 pm

sstobe wrote:
irishstephen071 wrote:I know how the keeper works on the minor leaguers but do they come off your team before the start of the season so u can draft one to replace the one who was promoted? Example is like Adam has hellboy and desmond, does he get to draft two more to keep him at 5 before the season or does he wait till they r called up or next year to draft?


Players who reach 130 AB or 50 IP can be kept until the next season when they must be brought up to your MLB roster or they will be dropped to waivers after the draft. Minor Leaguers may be promoted and demoted at will until they go over "Rookie Status". Each team will be able to fill their minor league rosters through the MILB draft that will begin after the actual league draft. You can drop players from your MILB roster or draft one of your players to make room for picks. Once the draft is over your MILB roster is set.

So in Adam's example he will either have to pick up these players in the draft or they will be added to waivers. They will drop off of his MILB roster so he will have two picks open up in the MILB draft.

Let me know if that clears it up.


Um, no. That is not how it was discussed last season. That would make me have to use my keepers on them this year to keep them at round 24, which I am entitled to already, or use a draft spot on them and then get stuck getting them at a higher round? Don't think so. I made this point last season that at the end of the season if they have 130 or 50 they had to be used as keepers and that was shot down. They need to be added after the draft and you still get to keep them at the 24 round mark. That was what was discussed and stated. I don't care if we change it going forward because I think my way was better, but I would have made deals to fix my problem had that been the case last year
Image
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Posts: 13448
(Past Year: 31)
Joined: 15 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Tampa

Re: 2012 League trash talk and discussion

Postby irishstephen071 » Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:39 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:If Cloonen wins again I quit


Agreed ;-D
Image
irishstephen071
College Coach
College Coach


Posts: 316
(Past Year: 10)
Joined: 19 Jun 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Apollo Beach, FL

Re: Drafting minor leaguers...

Postby irishstephen071 » Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:45 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:
sstobe wrote:
irishstephen071 wrote:I know how the keeper works on the minor leaguers but do they come off your team before the start of the season so u can draft one to replace the one who was promoted? Example is like Adam has hellboy and desmond, does he get to draft two more to keep him at 5 before the season or does he wait till they r called up or next year to draft?


Players who reach 130 AB or 50 IP can be kept until the next season when they must be brought up to your MLB roster or they will be dropped to waivers after the draft. Minor Leaguers may be promoted and demoted at will until they go over "Rookie Status". Each team will be able to fill their minor league rosters through the MILB draft that will begin after the actual league draft. You can drop players from your MILB roster or draft one of your players to make room for picks. Once the draft is over your MILB roster is set.

So in Adam's example he will either have to pick up these players in the draft or they will be added to waivers. They will drop off of his MILB roster so he will have two picks open up in the MILB draft.

Let me know if that clears it up.


Um, no. That is not how it was discussed last season. That would make me have to use my keepers on them this year to keep them at round 24, which I am entitled to already, or use a draft spot on them and then get stuck getting them at a higher round? Don't think so. I made this point last season that at the end of the season if they have 130 or 50 they had to be used as keepers and that was shot down. They need to be added after the draft and you still get to keep them at the 24 round mark. That was what was discussed and stated. I don't care if we change it going forward because I think my way was better, but I would have made deals to fix my problem had that been the case last year


Well I figured they would be still be allowed to be kept in the 24th round no matter where they were picked up in the draft, since that is supposed to be there keeper round anyways but at the same time I do think that keeping some of these top flight players in late rounds or having an all keeper team in the late rounds with top flight players kinda downs everyone else. I might be the only one who feels this way but I know I atleast think something needs to change on that whether its limiting keepers to all certain rounds or having players go up rounds if they have a good year and go down if they have a bad year or injured.
Image
irishstephen071
College Coach
College Coach


Posts: 316
(Past Year: 10)
Joined: 19 Jun 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Apollo Beach, FL

Re: Drafting minor leaguers...

Postby deerayfan072 » Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:04 pm

Tobe and I talked and cleared it up. I have to draft them because Yahoo won't let him add them on my team right away, so I draft them right before my last set of keepers and still get them at their normal 24 position.
Image
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Posts: 13448
(Past Year: 31)
Joined: 15 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Tampa

Re: 2012 League trash talk and discussion

Postby sstobe » Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:00 am

irishstephen071 wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:If Cloonen wins again I quit


Agreed ;-D


Me as well. Cloonen you better not win or we won't have a league. It would be like slamming that Babe Ruth signed baseball over the fence to the beast. Now we can't play no more.
Image
sstobe
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1376
(Past Year: 25)
Joined: 13 Jun 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Clearwater, FL

Re: 2012 Trades

Postby xtreme99 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:18 am

deerayfan072 wrote:
xtreme99 wrote:
irishstephen071 wrote:Beckett, Davis, Avila, Walden, Worley, Wright, Cain, Holliday are some of the players available.


Nobody is untouchable on my team. Looking for picks.

Roy Halladay - 1st round
Jered Weaver - 2nd round
Dan Haren - 3rd round
Victor Martinez - 5th round
Josh Hamilton - 7th round
Joel Hanrahan - 11th round
Roy Oswalt - 11th round
James Shields - 15th Round
Kevin Youkilis - 15th round
Chris Young - 21st round
Jose Bautista - 23rd round
Neftali Feliz - 23rd round
Josh Collmenter - FA
Ryan Vogelsong - FA \
Emilio Bonifacio - FA
Lance Berkman - FA\
Howie Kendrick - FA
Josh Willingham - FA
Kyle Farnsworth - FA
Javy Guerra - FA
Jim Johnson - FA
Greg Holland - FA



Let me get right on trying to trade for a guy that will be on the DL all season and cost me a 5th round pick :-D


Vmart will actually cost you a 4th rounder......pure stud
Image
I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day.
xtreme99
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 494
(Past Year: 20)
Joined: 3 May 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 2012 League trash talk and discussion

Postby xtreme99 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:06 pm

sstobe wrote:
irishstephen071 wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:If Cloonen wins again I quit


Agreed ;-D


Me as well. Cloonen you better not win or we won't have a league. It would be like slamming that Babe Ruth signed baseball over the fence to the beast. Now we can't play no more.


Well then pack your bags, most of you should just bench your whole team against me this year to save yourself the embarrassment.
Image
I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day.
xtreme99
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 494
(Past Year: 20)
Joined: 3 May 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Drafting minor leaguers...

Postby mocs12 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:53 pm

Would I have to do the same thing with Pineda? Need to know what his status is for my keeper options. Please help.
mocs12
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor


Posts: 58
Joined: 21 Feb 2010
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 2012 Trade Talk

Postby mocs12 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:54 pm

I am open to all trade offers as well.
Elvis Andrus--6
Billy Butler --6
Adrián Béltre--3
Miguel Cabrera--1
Adam Jones--23
Nick Markakis--15
Brian McCann--20
Jhonny Peralta --FA
Carlos Quentin --12
Ichiro Suzuki--3
Chase Utley--2

Heath Bell--4
A.J. Burnett--24
Chris Capuano--FA
Chris Carpenter--8
Francisco Cordero--10
Ryan Dempster--5
Kevin Gregg--12
J.A. Happ--FA
Derek Holland--FA
Francisco Liriano--12
Michael Pineda--LAST DRAFT PICK
CC Sabathia--2
Joakim Soria
José Valverde--7
Justin Verlander --16
Adam Wainwright--FA
Last edited by mocs12 on Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
mocs12
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor


Posts: 58
Joined: 21 Feb 2010
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Drafting minor leaguers...

Postby irishstephen071 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:43 pm

mocs12 wrote:Would I have to do the same thing with Pineda? Need to know what his status is for my keeper options. Please help.

If he went over 50 innings then yes, you should know what he pitched last year or atleast its easy to find it
Image
irishstephen071
College Coach
College Coach


Posts: 316
(Past Year: 10)
Joined: 19 Jun 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Apollo Beach, FL

PreviousNext

Return to Phi Sig Keepers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Monday, Sep. 1
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Philadelphia at Atlanta
(1:10 pm)
NY Mets at Miami
(1:10 pm)
indoors
Boston at Tampa Bay
(1:10 pm)
indoors
Minnesota at Baltimore
(1:35 pm)
Pittsburgh at St. Louis
(2:15 pm)
Milwaukee at Chi Cubs
(2:20 pm)
Seattle at Oakland
(4:05 pm)
Detroit at Cleveland
(4:05 pm)
San Francisco at Colorado
(4:10 pm)
Arizona at San Diego
(4:10 pm)
Texas at Kansas City
(8:10 pm)
Washington at LA Dodgers
(8:10 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact