sleeper cf and ss prospects from this year draft - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

sleeper cf and ss prospects from this year draft

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

sleeper cf and ss prospects from this year draft

Postby sprtsgy89 » Sun Oct 12, 2008 12:55 pm

can you name me some names that other teams may not think of like guys who fell casue of signablity and would like pos on ss 3b and cf and can you post when you think theyll make majors
its a 20 team league with 45 minor league spots
my guys at cf ss and 3b right now in majors and minors:
ss jerry hairston, marcus lemon, carmen angelini, (maybe aleixi ramirez but i dont know if hell play 2b ss or cf so by draft time i wouldnt know)
cf rajai davis wladmir balentin eric young jr
its a dynasty league so next year i may have no ss if alexi doesnt move there no cf if balentin plays another postion and young doesnt move to cf for rockies and davis doesnt get a shot at a fulltime gig
sprtsgy89
T-Ball Trainer

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: sleeper cf and ss prospects from this year draft

Postby thomasps3 » Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:31 am

After the debacle with the slotting of bonuses in the 2007 draft, Bud Selig really pushed for teams to draft players they wanted, not that they could afford, as it pushed so many guys to large market teams, which is antithetical to the whole slotting system. With that being said, guys who dropped because of signability was really reduced this year to the barest of minimums. However, guys who did drop included Tim Melville, who was considered a 1st round supplemental pick, at worst, and fell to the 5th round and was selected by the Royals. Not really many other guys of note at the positions you are looking at, but guys who could become MLB productive players include:
Roger Kieschnick (3rd round - Giants)
Isaac Galloway (8th round - Marlins)

These guys come to mind as good values. Kieschnick drafted in the 3rd not because of signability, but Galloway is a guy that fits the profile you are looking at, in terms of talent, as he was looking for more money than his slot would indicate.

Good luck!
thomasps3
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Giving BIG UPS to Teddy BallGame for the AWESOME SIG

Re: sleeper cf and ss prospects from this year draft

Postby sprtsgy89 » Sat Oct 18, 2008 8:19 pm

k thx
i forgot about galloway until u brought him up