Mafia VII - Night 2 - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Mafia VII - Night 2

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Mafia VII - Day 2

Postby kimchi_chigae » Fri Oct 10, 2008 3:40 pm

bigh0rt wrote:What if the doctor and investigator both come forth with tho they investigated/protected last night, but don't reveal which they are (doctor or investigator)? Simply both come forward, say you investigated so and so, and they are townie. That way the mafia won't know which of you is which, the doctor can protect the actual investigator tonight, and the investigator can give us either our first (or second, if we lynch one today, which significantly goes up if we can scratch 4 people off the lynchin' list) mafia member, or a 5th townie. Drawbacks of this would be if the investigator investigated the doctor, or the doctor protected the investigator last night -- something we wouldn't know until both came forward, so there's a risk there.

I think this is an unnecessary risk for the town. Even though we killed a townie in Day 1, having the doctor save a townie during the night gave the town a pretty good advantage. Even though both guys come forward and say who they have investigated, the mafia will then have a 1 in 2 chance of killing the doctor tonight, which is better than what they have right now. If they pick correctly, the investigator will be dead tomorrow night.
Free WR!
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 200)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bigh0rt » Fri Oct 10, 2008 3:52 pm

kimchi_chigae wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:What if the doctor and investigator both come forth with tho they investigated/protected last night, but don't reveal which they are (doctor or investigator)? Simply both come forward, say you investigated so and so, and they are townie. That way the mafia won't know which of you is which, the doctor can protect the actual investigator tonight, and the investigator can give us either our first (or second, if we lynch one today, which significantly goes up if we can scratch 4 people off the lynchin' list) mafia member, or a 5th townie. Drawbacks of this would be if the investigator investigated the doctor, or the doctor protected the investigator last night -- something we wouldn't know until both came forward, so there's a risk there.

I think this is an unnecessary risk for the town. Even though we killed a townie in Day 1, having the doctor save a townie during the night gave the town a pretty good advantage. Even though both guys come forward and say who they have investigated, the mafia will then have a 1 in 2 chance of killing the doctor tonight, which is better than what they have right now. If they pick correctly, the investigator will be dead tomorrow night.

It's about time somebody weighed in. Thanks, KC.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 360)

Postby jfg » Fri Oct 10, 2008 4:07 pm

I'm probably going to be put on somebody's suspect list for saying this but I'm so bored with this day and from the lack of posting I think I'm not the only one. We haven't had a vote in over 4 pages and there hasn't been anything too useful said either. It time to make your decisions unless you have a great theory to bring forth. But, the last four pages aren't helping us at all.

The only thing I have to say is that Big Hort is now suspicious to me. Maybe he was just throwing something out there but putting the doctor and investigators lives on the line for a flip of the coin isn't something a rational townie would suggest. I don't know if it's a plan a mafioso would unveil either though for fear of being placed at the top of suspicion lists.
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 86)

Postby Mookie4ever » Fri Oct 10, 2008 4:12 pm

kimchi_chigae wrote:

Yeah, that's a ridiculous risk to take. The investigator should only reveal himself if we are down to one mafia and he knows who it is or if we are in a situation where we really need to find a mafia and can't afford to lose another townie. In any other situation both the investigator and doctor should remain hidden.

At this point, with the game stalling and very little info out there, mainly because nobody is participating we should target someone who is trying to lay low and is killing us by not giving us anything to work with. My vote goes to JNez b/c he's just absent. Whether it's because he's busy or b/c he's mafia deliberately trying to avoid notice we've got to do something b/c this game is in danger of dying from lack of participation.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 280)

Postby jfg » Fri Oct 10, 2008 4:30 pm

It's not a lack of participation, it's getting sick of reading theory after theory without anybody placing a vote. This "day" has been exhausting. I vote that everybody places a vote with a short explanation if you haven't said so before and we see where we are. If you are staying with your previous vote say so also. This will bring the lurkers out of the shadows and bring more clarity to where we are.

I'm sticking with DClark.
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby bigh0rt » Fri Oct 10, 2008 4:41 pm

Here's my theory...

Snakes is the investigator. He was suspicious of Teddy on Day 1, investigated him last night, and found out he was mafia. Slapped the vote right back on him to kick off Day 2, and hasn't budged.

Vote: teddy

Note: If we lynch teddy and he is mafia, doctor make sure you protect Snakes tonight. Only if both those criteria are met, though.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 360)

Postby J35J » Fri Oct 10, 2008 6:50 pm

Vote Talley
Teddy - 3 (Snakes, h0rt, Inukchuk)
dclark - 2 (jfg, Yoda)
h0rt - 2 (dclark, Teddy)
SJNez - 1 (Mookie)

5 votes needed.

**Just thinking out loud....This game is based on talking/discussion and one of the best strategies to not get suspicion drawn on you(whether you are a townie or a mafioso)is to be quiet.... %-6
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 398)

Postby jfg » Fri Oct 10, 2008 7:35 pm

Snakes also said this though.

Snakes Gould wrote:the only thing ill say is that if dclark if a mafia member and makes it to the end, we all deserve to die.

But, you're right he hasn't changed his vote at all. That leads me to believe he's either mafia or the investigator, and if we kill Teddy we'll learn something no matter what. If DClark is a townie we don't learn much. I still think DClark is probably mafia but Teddy is the better option right now.

Unvote: DClark
Vote: Teddy
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby dclark0699 » Fri Oct 10, 2008 8:02 pm

I'll drop the bomb...I said earlier in this day that I thought Snakes' theory sounded intriguing.

unvote: bigho0rt
Vote: Teddy
dclark0699
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Snakes Gould » Sat Oct 11, 2008 5:47 am

im neither mafia or the investigator. just a regular townie with a hunch. :-S

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk