Mafia VII - Night 2 - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Mafia VII - Night 2

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Mafia VII - Day 2

Postby Yoda » Thu Oct 09, 2008 7:11 pm

H0rt flip flopped last game too and he was a townie. That isn't to say that he isn't mafia but so far, he hasn't really been suspicious to me.

Also, I will try to be on this weekend but we are going up to San Fran tomorrow morning and returning late Sunday night just in case you are wondering why I am not around. Weekends are tough for me.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby dclark0699 » Thu Oct 09, 2008 7:14 pm

Yoda wrote:H0rt flip flopped last game too and he was a townie. That isn't to say that he isn't mafia but so far, he hasn't really been suspicious to me.

Also, I will try to be on this weekend but we are going up to San Fran tomorrow morning and returning late Sunday night just in case you are wondering why I am not around. Weekends are tough for me.

I don't buy this story :-D :-D
dclark0699
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby bigh0rt » Fri Oct 10, 2008 7:01 am

dclark0699 wrote:You're all over me though, and I know I'm a townie, so I'm staying with you.

This is a terrible reason to vote for somebody. Simply because I've been suspect of you, after saying, in jest or otherwise, that you were a mafia member, and then doing a poor job of defending yourself, and then flying under the radar, and then providing the busiest schedule known to man, all of which have been done before by mafioso? Even if you aren't a mafia member, you're certainly behaving like many have previously, so stacking on top of that that you voted for me, and are continuing to hold your vote on me for being suspicious of these things, only heightens my suspicion of you, yet I have no vote cast on you, or anybody, right now.

I am more concerned with what I mentioned a few posts ago, with the townies potentially having a 4 man head start. I'm trying to paint a scenario in which we can numerically give ourselves a huge advantage, by knowing the 4 known townies...

I am italicizing the following so that people can read it and weigh in... please don't go jumping ahead of me, and then later on say how I was orchestrating some wild plot -- I want to know what people think of this...
What if the doctor and investigator both come forth with tho they investigated/protected last night, but don't reveal which they are (doctor or investigator)? Simply both come forward, say you investigated so and so, and they are townie. That way the mafia won't know which of you is which, the doctor can protect the actual investigator tonight, and the investigator can give us either our first (or second, if we lynch one today, which significantly goes up if we can scratch 4 people off the lynchin' list) mafia member, or a 5th townie. Drawbacks of this would be if the investigator investigated the doctor, or the doctor protected the investigator last night -- something we wouldn't know until both came forward, so there's a risk there.

Question for the moderator: does the investigator learn if who they investigate is the doctor, if they investigate them, or simply that they are innocent?

So, what do we think? If we make it through the night without losing the Doc or Inv, that gives us a tremendous advantage in Day 3, although we may lynch or have die overnight one of their known townies, bringing us back towards square one... Hmm...
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 351)

Postby J35J » Fri Oct 10, 2008 7:53 am

bigh0rt wrote:
dclark0699 wrote:You're all over me though, and I know I'm a townie, so I'm staying with you.

This is a terrible reason to vote for somebody. Simply because I've been suspect of you, after saying, in jest or otherwise, that you were a mafia member, and then doing a poor job of defending yourself, and then flying under the radar, and then providing the busiest schedule known to man, all of which have been done before by mafioso? Even if you aren't a mafia member, you're certainly behaving like many have previously, so stacking on top of that that you voted for me, and are continuing to hold your vote on me for being suspicious of these things, only heightens my suspicion of you, yet I have no vote cast on you, or anybody, right now.

I am more concerned with what I mentioned a few posts ago, with the townies potentially having a 4 man head start. I'm trying to paint a scenario in which we can numerically give ourselves a huge advantage, by knowing the 4 known townies...

I am italicizing the following so that people can read it and weigh in... please don't go jumping ahead of me, and then later on say how I was orchestrating some wild plot -- I want to know what people think of this...
What if the doctor and investigator both come forth with tho they investigated/protected last night, but don't reveal which they are (doctor or investigator)? Simply both come forward, say you investigated so and so, and they are townie. That way the mafia won't know which of you is which, the doctor can protect the actual investigator tonight, and the investigator can give us either our first (or second, if we lynch one today, which significantly goes up if we can scratch 4 people off the lynchin' list) mafia member, or a 5th townie. Drawbacks of this would be if the investigator investigated the doctor, or the doctor protected the investigator last night -- something we wouldn't know until both came forward, so there's a risk there.

Question for the moderator: does the investigator learn if who they investigate is the doctor, if they investigate them, or simply that they are innocent?

So, what do we think? If we make it through the night without losing the Doc or Inv, that gives us a tremendous advantage in Day 3, although we may lynch or have die overnight one of their known townies, bringing us back towards square one... Hmm...

Yes, I'll let the investigator know specific roles.
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 390)

Postby dclark0699 » Fri Oct 10, 2008 8:14 am

bigh0rt wrote:

This is a terrible reason to vote for somebody.

Isn't it the mafia's job to try to raise suspicion on townies so they can be voted off? If they don't try to do it, they will never win. Especially when you have three mafia people, making one expendable.

At this point no one else has really done much to raise my suspicion, so I might as well go on something. People voting for townies have a higher likelihood of being mafia than people who aren't voting for townies I would think.

bigh0rt wrote:and then providing the busiest schedule known to man

I'll provide you a 500-word essay on exactly what I do everyday if you want- but I warn it will be full of me complaining about things that you don't know/care about and it will be really, really boring.
dclark0699
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Inukchuk » Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:11 pm

dclark0699 wrote:Isn't it the mafia's job to try to raise suspicion on townies so they can be voted off? If they don't try to do it, they will never win. Especially when you have three mafia people, making one expendable.

Not really. I would say that it's the mafia's goal to come across as townie-like as possible, which often involves staying under the radar and not being overly accusatory.

This is the exact reason I voted teddy. He seems to be putting out the same vibe as j35j did last game: just posting enough to not be considered quietly suspicious, never really going hard after anyone, and not really giving reasons as to why we're wrong in voting for him.
abrunn11... the place to go for all your sig needs...
Inukchuk
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
Location: Coming down on this hospital like the hammer of Thor

Postby bigh0rt » Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:23 pm

J35J wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:

Yes, I'll let the investigator know specific roles.

Thank you, and I assume the same distinction goes for mafia, if they investigate the Boss.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 351)

Postby teddy ballgame » Fri Oct 10, 2008 1:15 pm

Inukchuk wrote:
dclark0699 wrote:Isn't it the mafia's job to try to raise suspicion on townies so they can be voted off? If they don't try to do it, they will never win. Especially when you have three mafia people, making one expendable.

Not really. I would say that it's the mafia's goal to come across as townie-like as possible, which often involves staying under the radar and not being overly accusatory.

This is the exact reason I voted teddy. He seems to be putting out the same vibe as j35j did last game: just posting enough to not be considered quietly suspicious, never really going hard after anyone, and not really giving reasons as to why we're wrong in voting for him.

I've given clear reasons as to why I voted for h0rt and have followed up in pointing out more of the behavior that made me originally vote for him. kimchi is the only other one who has shared my suspicions. And I think I've made the effort to explain my side of Snakes' accusations.
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby J35J » Fri Oct 10, 2008 1:29 pm

bigh0rt wrote:Thank you, and I assume the same distinction goes for mafia, if they investigate the Boss.

You are correct, sir.
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 390)

Postby kimchi_chigae » Fri Oct 10, 2008 2:35 pm

dclark0699 wrote:
Snakes Gould wrote:hey dclark...i hope you banged the chick after target. ;-) :-X

Not worth it. Her friend on the other hand...

Post a picture and let us decide. ;-D
Free WR!
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 200)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk