You guys got me in the mood - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Contests and Showing Off

You guys got me in the mood

Moderators: deluxe_247, kimchi_chigae, Mookie4ever, Baseball Moderators

You guys got me in the mood

Postby Snakes Gould » Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:47 pm

heres a joe blanton i did. i went in with no real game plan and came out with this. i wasnt too sure of what to do with the left side of the sig, but i really like how the right side came out. tell me what you guys think...

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 65)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: You guys got me in the mood

Postby GiantsFan14 » Mon Oct 06, 2008 12:44 am

i agree that the right side turned out great but i dont really like how the lighting makes blanton's arm and jersey kind of melt into the background, though i tend to like my main renders to be a lot more pronounced in my sigs so that may just be personal preference. i also don't really feel like the red markings on the left side mesh all that well with the rest of the sig, it kind feels like each side of blanton is a different sig. i really like whatever layering you did to get blanton's jersey to look like that though, it looks freaking awesome.

my last critique is just that i dont really feel like the text fits in with the flow of the rest of the sig, its too blocky and seems kind of old-fashioned which is not the feel you get from the rest of the sig. i do, however, suck hard with text so i'm probably not the best to critique it.
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 852)

Postby Snakes Gould » Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:37 am

GiantsFan14 wrote:i agree that the right side turned out great but i dont really like how the lighting makes blanton's arm and jersey kind of melt into the background, though i tend to like my main renders to be a lot more pronounced in my sigs so that may just be personal preference. i also don't really feel like the red markings on the left side mesh all that well with the rest of the sig, it kind feels like each side of blanton is a different sig. i really like whatever layering you did to get blanton's jersey to look like that though, it looks freaking awesome.

my last critique is just that i dont really feel like the text fits in with the flow of the rest of the sig, its too blocky and seems kind of old-fashioned which is not the feel you get from the rest of the sig. i do, however, suck hard with text so i'm probably not the best to critique it.

see, the red markings were actually a stock photo of flames. they came up awesome on the right and not so hot on the right. i tried a few things to change it, but it ended up drastically changing that side of the sig.

as for the text, you're right. it doesnt fit. i liked the text and i liked the sig so i just sorta went with it. i knew i wasnt going to wear this sig, nor would anyone else probably want a blanton sig, so i was just trying some new things.

there are like 5 different layers of blanton for the jersey to end up like that. next time i open up photoshop, ill let you know exactly what i did ;-D

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 65)

Postby rookies and cream » Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:11 pm

I agree with pretty much everything GF said. I'm also very interested to hear about how you made the jersey look like that. 5 different layers??? :-o
rookies and cream
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 46)

Postby smoovethug » Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:57 am

Nice thread title gay. :-?

Hal·la·day, n. 1. every fifth day in Philadelphia. 2. a day of rest for the bullpen. 3. innings eater. 4. doc. 5. ace.
smoovethug
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 88)

Postby GiantsFan14 » Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:54 am

smoovethug wrote:Nice thread title gay. :-?

not that there's anything wrong with that
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 852)

Postby RedWoodTree824 » Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:06 pm

While I wouldn't say its your best, I'm happy you started to experiement with more effects (you know exactly wtf I'm talkin about bro...)
RedWoodTree824
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Graphics Expert

Return to Contests and Showing Off