Prospect Draft - 3rd round pick help - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

Prospect Draft - 3rd round pick help

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Prospect Draft - 3rd round pick help

Postby giambiformvp » Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:29 pm

Right now I have Cahill and Moustakas. The guys I'm debating on picking are Austin Jackson, Jesus Montero, Justin Smoak, or Jhoulys Chacin. How would you rank these 4?
giambiformvp
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Prospect Draft - 3rd round pick help

Postby DevilDriver » Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:46 pm

All are very close in fantasy value, so you can't go wrong no matter who you pick. Personally I'd rank them like this:

Smoak
Montero
Jackson
Chacin
DevilDriver
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby kimchi_chigae » Mon Oct 06, 2008 7:31 pm

I agree with DevilDriver, I'd rank them the same way. ;-D
Free WR!
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 194)

Postby cardinal1975 » Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:44 am

Devildriver is right on the money again but I think there is a big gap between the bats of Smoak and Montero as oppoed to AJackson. Chacin had a solid year but still pitches in Colorado(eventually)and is only in pitching in A-ball which means he is quite a ways away. Chacin also lacks a good body(short and stocky)which limits his projection. He is a distant 4th in my mind.

;-D
cardinal1975
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 1)

Postby J35J » Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:51 am

cardinal1975 wrote:Devildriver is right on the money again but I think there is a big gap between the bats of Smoak and Montero as oppoed to AJackson. Chacin had a solid year but still pitches in Colorado(eventually)and is only in pitching in A-ball which means he is quite a ways away. Chacin also lacks a good body(short and stocky)which limits his projection. He is a distant 4th in my mind.

;-D

Yup, Agreed with everyone....though I agree mostly with cardinals first sentence here. I think it is Smoak and Montero then a tier down is Jackson and Chacin.
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 361)

Postby DevilDriver » Tue Oct 07, 2008 6:10 pm

cardinal1975 wrote:Devildriver is right on the money again but I think there is a big gap between the bats of Smoak and Montero as oppoed to AJackson. Chacin had a solid year but still pitches in Colorado(eventually)and is only in pitching in A-ball which means he is quite a ways away. Chacin also lacks a good body(short and stocky)which limits his projection. He is a distant 4th in my mind.

;-D

Eh Jackson didn't put up flashy numbers in AA but he has a lot of upside. His 20/30 potential gives him similiar value to Smoak/Montero imo. Chacin put up outstanding numbers (especially considering he continued dominating in the hitter-friendly Cal League) and he has the stuff to back it up. Not to mention he's only 20 yo; he has the potential to be a 1-2 starter. Coors shouldn't be a significant factor considering how good his GB rates are.
DevilDriver
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Return to Minor League & College Baseball