first basketball sig... thoughts? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Contests and Showing Off

first basketball sig... thoughts?

Moderators: deluxe_247, kimchi_chigae, Mookie4ever, Baseball Moderators

first basketball sig... thoughts?

Postby GiantsFan14 » Sun Oct 05, 2008 4:01 pm

doing a baseball cafe fantasy basketball league and my first pick was amare. what do you guys think? i seriously have no idea what to do with the text, so any advice there would be useful.

Image
Image
25
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

User avatar
EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 14140
(Past Year: 429)
Joined: 12 Mar 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: BUSTER HATH ARRIVED

Re: first basketball sig... thoughts?

Postby Snakes Gould » Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:21 pm

i definitely like the background idea and how it looks. good job there.

as you said, the text could use work. to me, it just looks like its hanging there in midair. a lot of people will add smaller text underneath for some depth. maybe like Phoenix Suns or Number 1 etc... i would also suggest throwing another layer underneath and moving it slightly to the right or left of the orange text. it gives it an outline look that can really help. also, many people dont think to do it, but you can use different lighting on the text too.

the big pic of amare which is the focus seems kinda boring to me. a smiling amare just standing there isnt all that exciting O:-) also, id tweak the cutting around amare's head on both sides. you can sorta see the outline of the previous pic (i think. unless thats an intential outline or something)
Image

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 16051
Joined: 1 Nov 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Eternal Bliss

Re: first basketball sig... thoughts?

Postby GiantsFan14 » Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:36 pm

Snakes Gould wrote:i definitely like the background idea and how it looks. good job there.

as you said, the text could use work. to me, it just looks like its hanging there in midair. a lot of people will add smaller text underneath for some depth. maybe like Phoenix Suns or Number 1 etc... i would also suggest throwing another layer underneath and moving it slightly to the right or left of the orange text. it gives it an outline look that can really help. also, many people dont think to do it, but you can use different lighting on the text too.

the big pic of amare which is the focus seems kinda boring to me. a smiling amare just standing there isnt all that exciting O:-) also, id tweak the cutting around amare's head on both sides. you can sorta see the outline of the previous pic (i think. unless thats an intential outline or something)


ya i don't really like the big pic either, i was just having a really hard time finding one of him that i could use as the main pic. everything i found was too small or had a shot that was too tall to fit into 100 pixels without making it look dumb. i'll keep looking, thanks for the tips.
Image
25
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

User avatar
EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 14140
(Past Year: 429)
Joined: 12 Mar 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: BUSTER HATH ARRIVED

Re: first basketball sig... thoughts?

Postby The_Show » Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:08 pm

I like background concept, but as stated, the main picture isn't too exciting.

If you're looking for a better pic, you could try looking at Daylife.com. I usually go there if I'm looking for a certain pic of a player.
The_Show
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
CafeholicGraphics ExpertWeb Supporter
Posts: 1266
Joined: 24 Mar 2008
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: The Swamp

Re: first basketball sig... thoughts?

Postby Snakes Gould » Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:43 pm

8-o wow awesome site.

i just did a few searches and got a ton of hits. thanks ;-D
Image

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 16051
Joined: 1 Nov 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Eternal Bliss

Re: first basketball sig... thoughts?

Postby abrage22 » Sun Oct 05, 2008 11:08 pm

nice, now i find that site.

i don't have any problems with the sig, looks pretty good. i agree with the main pic though
Image
abrage22
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe WriterGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 3753
Joined: 24 Feb 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: first basketball sig... thoughts?

Postby GiantsFan14 » Mon Oct 06, 2008 12:03 am

The_Show wrote:I like background concept, but as stated, the main picture isn't too exciting.

If you're looking for a better pic, you could try looking at Daylife.com. I usually go there if I'm looking for a certain pic of a player.


wow sweet site, wish i had found that sooner, thanks
Image
25
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

User avatar
EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 14140
(Past Year: 429)
Joined: 12 Mar 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: BUSTER HATH ARRIVED

Re: first basketball sig... thoughts?

Postby Snakes Gould » Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:38 am

abrage22 wrote:nice, now i find that site.


as if it's too late now? :-b never too late. hows the PS coming along?
Image

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 16051
Joined: 1 Nov 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Eternal Bliss

Re: first basketball sig... thoughts?

Postby abrage22 » Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:24 am

No im not saying its too late, i just have always wanted to do sigs of guys with pratically no pics on where i look.

for ps i never got to downloading it again, but im not in any hurry
Image
abrage22
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe WriterGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 3753
Joined: 24 Feb 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball


Return to Contests and Showing Off

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Tuesday, Sep. 30
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Oakland at Kansas City
(8:07 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact