first basketball sig... thoughts? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Contests and Showing Off

first basketball sig... thoughts?

Moderators: deluxe_247, kimchi_chigae, Mookie4ever, Baseball Moderators

first basketball sig... thoughts?

Postby GiantsFan14 » Sun Oct 05, 2008 4:01 pm

doing a baseball cafe fantasy basketball league and my first pick was amare. what do you guys think? i seriously have no idea what to do with the text, so any advice there would be useful.

@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 429)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: first basketball sig... thoughts?

Postby Snakes Gould » Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:21 pm

i definitely like the background idea and how it looks. good job there.

as you said, the text could use work. to me, it just looks like its hanging there in midair. a lot of people will add smaller text underneath for some depth. maybe like Phoenix Suns or Number 1 etc... i would also suggest throwing another layer underneath and moving it slightly to the right or left of the orange text. it gives it an outline look that can really help. also, many people dont think to do it, but you can use different lighting on the text too.

the big pic of amare which is the focus seems kinda boring to me. a smiling amare just standing there isnt all that exciting O:-) also, id tweak the cutting around amare's head on both sides. you can sorta see the outline of the previous pic (i think. unless thats an intential outline or something)

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby GiantsFan14 » Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:36 pm

Snakes Gould wrote:i definitely like the background idea and how it looks. good job there.

as you said, the text could use work. to me, it just looks like its hanging there in midair. a lot of people will add smaller text underneath for some depth. maybe like Phoenix Suns or Number 1 etc... i would also suggest throwing another layer underneath and moving it slightly to the right or left of the orange text. it gives it an outline look that can really help. also, many people dont think to do it, but you can use different lighting on the text too.

the big pic of amare which is the focus seems kinda boring to me. a smiling amare just standing there isnt all that exciting O:-) also, id tweak the cutting around amare's head on both sides. you can sorta see the outline of the previous pic (i think. unless thats an intential outline or something)

ya i don't really like the big pic either, i was just having a really hard time finding one of him that i could use as the main pic. everything i found was too small or had a shot that was too tall to fit into 100 pixels without making it look dumb. i'll keep looking, thanks for the tips.
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby The_Show » Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:08 pm

I like background concept, but as stated, the main picture isn't too exciting.

If you're looking for a better pic, you could try looking at Daylife.com. I usually go there if I'm looking for a certain pic of a player.
The_Show
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafeholicGraphics ExpertWeb Supporter

Postby Snakes Gould » Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:43 pm

8-o wow awesome site.

i just did a few searches and got a ton of hits. thanks ;-D

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby abrage22 » Sun Oct 05, 2008 11:08 pm

nice, now i find that site.

i don't have any problems with the sig, looks pretty good. i agree with the main pic though
abrage22
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby GiantsFan14 » Mon Oct 06, 2008 12:03 am

The_Show wrote:I like background concept, but as stated, the main picture isn't too exciting.

If you're looking for a better pic, you could try looking at Daylife.com. I usually go there if I'm looking for a certain pic of a player.

wow sweet site, wish i had found that sooner, thanks
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

Postby Snakes Gould » Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:38 am

abrage22 wrote:nice, now i find that site.

as if it's too late now? :-b never too late. hows the PS coming along?

SIGS!

Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby abrage22 » Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:24 am

No im not saying its too late, i just have always wanted to do sigs of guys with pratically no pics on where i look.

for ps i never got to downloading it again, but im not in any hurry
abrage22
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to Contests and Showing Off