Anyone Else Having this Problem in CBS Now? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Anyone Else Having this Problem in CBS Now?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Anyone Else Having this Problem in CBS Now?

Postby Bloody Sox » Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:27 am

Last night, sometime after the conclusion of the Chicago/Detroit game, the live stats in CBS Sportsline league suddenly showed no changes to the scoring based on that game (when they had just a little while earlier). This was because no one's active lineups contained players that had been added since Sunday. When I went to each team's lineup page, the newly added players were not there either. The add/drops are reflected in the transaction log, but not in each team's lineup page. This is still the case as of right now, so people can't set their lineups for tonight's game (which counts in our standings, according to CBS). Anyone else having this problem?
"The government cannot give to anyone anything that it does not first take from someone else"
Bloody Sox
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 18)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Anyone Else Having this Problem in CBS Now?

Postby Patella Tendon » Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:09 am

That is because the game yesterday and today are just an extension of Week 26. There is no Week 27 thus the adds and drops made were not valid because there is no new scoring period.
Patella Tendon
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 5)

Postby Bloody Sox » Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:24 am

Hmmm... interesting. But if yesterday and today are an extension of Week 26, and we do daily lineup changes, then they certainly should count. I can see why they wouldn't count in weekly lineup leagues.
"The government cannot give to anyone anything that it does not first take from someone else"
Bloody Sox
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Patella Tendon » Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:32 am

There is no Week 27 - it does not exist - how can you do weekly lineup changes to a week that does not exist? - as I said before, these games extend Week 26's scoring period. CBS made a mistake allowing the add/drops in the first place.
Patella Tendon
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Bloody Sox » Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:35 am

Patella Tendon wrote:There is no Week 27 - it does not exist - how can you do weekly lineup changes to a week that does not exist? - as I said before, these games extend Week 26's scoring period. CBS made a mistake allowing the add/drops in the first place.

You misread my comment - I said "But if yesterday and today are an extension of Week 26, and we do daily lineup changes, then they certainly should count." Our league does daily lineup changes... so I'd expect to be able to continue on through the rest of the season. In a weekly lineup league I agree with you completely. I suspect they have a bug related to enforcement of weekly lineups that is affecting daily lineup leagues too.
Bloody Sox
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Patella Tendon » Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:43 pm

sorry - daily lineup changes are a different ball game - I was thinking weekly lineup changes.
Patella Tendon
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Bloody Sox » Tue Sep 30, 2008 1:36 pm

Patella Tendon wrote:sorry - daily lineup changes are a different ball game - I was thinking weekly lineup changes.

No prob. I just heard back from the Help Center and got a very undesirable answer:

"In order to make this change you must edit the service time of the players. Go to the add/drop page and click the link at the bottom of the page that says edit service time. On that page you can select the players one by one and edit what team they are on for a previous day or scoring period. Then you can edit whether they are active or reserved. Once you have made all the needed changes and all lineups are legal email me back and I will rerun the stats to reflect your changes."

Doing what he's saying would take a long time... given that this was already working as of 9 pm last night, no idea why they undid it. Sigh...
Bloody Sox
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Return to Baseball Leftovers