Players you desire/detest/delete - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Players you desire/detest/delete

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Players you desire/detest/delete

Postby Bobbleheadrusty » Tue Sep 30, 2008 5:08 am

So the season is over, at least this part of it. For those of us in deeper keeper or dynasty league it is time to start wheeling and dealing to get your keepers in place for next season.

I figured this would be a good time for an off-season buy low/sell high style column.

My thread, so my rules please.

For detest, high value guys who you are going to try to trade away/think will struggle next year or want to capture at the peak of their hype.

Desire, guys who underperformed this year, or you think are due for a major uptick. This can include guys who you think are undervalued due to an injury or youth.

Delete, guys you are cutting bait on. These are guys who you held out hope for all year who just won't earn a spot on your team next year. And please, if you are in an 8 team/3 player keeper league don't tell me how you are cutting bait on Corey Hart. That doesnt help anyone else.

All that being said, here we go.

Detest
K-Rod - The top scoring player in my format, I just don't want him next year. There is no way he gets those saves elsewhere (or even in LA) next year, and his other numbers are merely above average. Im looking to find someone in love with him and get a pair of solid players in return.

Soto- This is a personal thing, but I think he slumps next year and if you can get a top 5 SS or 2B in return then do so. It helps that I have Ianetta and Wieters, and think they will be worth 90% of his numbers. Even more so if he has a big playoff.

Sherrill- Loses the closing job to Ray, and Im getting what I can for him before its announced.

Desire-
J. Upton - After a big first month his numbers struggled thanks to injury and inexperience. I think he outperforms a number of the guys ranked ahead of him, and if I can get a young stud in a keeper league at a discount I will. I may even overpay a little.

Furcal - Same logic. Looking to grab him now before he has a nice playoff appearance with LA. He will wind up with a contender next year (White Sox or Blue Jays?)

Jed Lowrie- A top 10 SS next season hitting in a ridiculous lineup Im targeting him in deeper leagues .

Halladay/Oswalt- Quietly had stud seasons, especially in points leagues. If your league counted complete games/IP they wound up with better points then CC and can be had for a whole lot less.

Matt Garza- Great games followed by bad ones kept his numbers down this year, but another years experience should turn him into a legit #2 starter.

Delete
Andruw Jones - Im not the only one who held on in deeper leagues thinking he might rebound. Ive already dropped him, but he is still owned by a lot of people. Give up the ghost, he wont improve next year, and if you really want him you can grab him at the end of the draft

Homer Bailey- Tired of waiting for him to put it together. Hes no longer a top prospect and if I want him I can easily get him back in the draft. (Frenchy and A.Gordon are a year from this list).

Marmol/Zumaya - Held on to both in a deeper league hoping they would get the closing jobs. It didnt happen and I dont see it happening next year either. Marmol had a wonderful year for holds leagues, but for saves he was worthless. Im not going through this again, its not worth wasting a spot all year waiting.
Bobbleheadrusty
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Baseball Leftovers