Couple of New Sigs - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Contests and Showing Off

Couple of New Sigs

Moderators: deluxe_247, kimchi_chigae, Mookie4ever, Baseball Moderators

Re: Couple of New Sigs

Postby Snakes Gould » Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:26 am

rookies and cream wrote:Last one before a little break...

i agree...very nice..good improvement and i like the lighting on grady and the text is very solid. i would like to see grady a tad clearer. he seems a little blurry. but very nice overall ;-D

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby rookies and cream » Sun Oct 19, 2008 6:21 pm

Eh. I was bored today. Here's another...

rookies and cream
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 43)

Postby Snakes Gould » Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:57 am

rookies and cream wrote:Eh. I was bored today. Here's another...

pretty solid rooks. the only thing i would alter is probably the bg. i would lower the opacity on the white layer just a tad so you can see behind it, but other than that, its pretty rock solid. the text could stand out a little more. heres a little tool i use often. duplicate the text. change 1 layer to a different color (probably white in this case) and move it a tad to the right or left. it gives it an outlined look on one side of the text making it stand out nicely.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby smoovethug » Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:30 pm

M&M is your best yet. As Snakes said I'd probably lower the opacity of the lines in the BG, but to be honest it looks fine as it is. Small nitpick...I'd move the pic of Morneau up a tad to put him on the same level so to speak as Mauer. Small stuff like I said but great job, you're definitely improving rapidly. ;-D

Hal·la·day, n. 1. every fifth day in Philadelphia. 2. a day of rest for the bullpen. 3. innings eater. 4. doc. 5. ace.
smoovethug
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 23)

Postby rookies and cream » Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:12 pm

Thanks guys! Appreciate the feedback and will make some changes when I get a chance over the next few days. ;-D
rookies and cream
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter

Postby rookies and cream » Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:38 pm

Some changes made as per your suggestions ;-D

rookies and cream
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Snakes Gould » Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:03 pm

pretty good.

my only nit-pick now would be the text. could still be a little better, but i know for me its one of the hardest things to perfect. i know i still haven't accomplished it.

SIGS!

Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby abrage22 » Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:19 pm

yeah text is such a pain in the buttImage. every time i get to text its very frustrating. and that sig of yours is lookin good ;-D ;-D
abrage22
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby rookies and cream » Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:44 pm

Snakes Gould wrote:pretty good.

my only nit-pick now would be the text. could still be a little better, but i know for me its one of the hardest things to perfect. i know i still haven't accomplished it.

I tried your suggestion with the layered text. I really like the way "boys" came out. I actually duplicated twice. Faint white color to the left and faint blue color to the right.
rookies and cream
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Snakes Gould » Sat Oct 25, 2008 12:57 am

rookies and cream wrote:
Snakes Gould wrote:pretty good.

I tried your suggestion with the layered text. I really like the way "boys" came out. I actually duplicated twice. Faint white color to the left and faint blue color to the right.

i do like the way the boys looks but the mauer and morneau leaves something to be desired.

SIGS!

Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to Contests and Showing Off