bail out failed - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

bail out failed

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: bail out failed

Postby Simulacrum » Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:27 pm

Congrats on the new baby Dan!

Even I am pulling for this auto bailout now. I really hope it happens.
2008 Cafeholics Pond Scum Champion
Future Champion of 2009 Cafeholics Masters
Simulacrum
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Chief Pixel PusherCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Madison » Sat Dec 13, 2008 7:30 am

Dan Lambskin wrote:i guess i see the potential loss of 3 million jobs, most of who have no influence on how the companies have been run in the past as punishment to those people because of the mismanagement of a few...that's my main point

...and i cant fault anyone for buying the kind of car they like, i'd certainly consider a foreign car whenever i get around to buying my next car...just trying to say that the old "poor quality" or "nobody buys those cars" comments are becoming a fallacy

looks like Worst President Ever may decide to open up some of the $700B for the automakers though, so now he will go down as Worst President Ever But Not By As Wide A Margin in my book now

PS...i knew i'd get pulled back into this one :-b but i think i really am done now

I still don't see that as punishment. No one is "entitled" to working in the auto industry, so someone losing their job isn't punishment.

Nah, I didn't say anything about poor quality, my point is that they aren't making cars that people want. Gimme a competitor for my Tiburons (a well-designed sportscar with actual body design (moldings, rear fin, ground effects, etc), twin tailpipes, wide wheels, sport suspension, priced competitively - under $20K - 60,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty standard, etc, etc, etc. There's simply no other car made or being made that fits those parameters (so no competition). So, where's the car I want? Means I can say they don't make the cars people want because on my end it couldn't be more true. :-D

And sorry to see you got sucked back in. :-b
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Dan Lambskin » Sun Dec 14, 2008 7:49 pm

Madison wrote:
Dan Lambskin wrote:i guess i see the potential loss of 3 million jobs, most of who have no influence on how the companies have been run in the past as punishment to those people because of the mismanagement of a few...that's my main point

...and i cant fault anyone for buying the kind of car they like, i'd certainly consider a foreign car whenever i get around to buying my next car...just trying to say that the old "poor quality" or "nobody buys those cars" comments are becoming a fallacy

looks like Worst President Ever may decide to open up some of the $700B for the automakers though, so now he will go down as Worst President Ever But Not By As Wide A Margin in my book now

PS...i knew i'd get pulled back into this one :-b but i think i really am done now

I still don't see that as punishment. No one is "entitled" to working in the auto industry, so someone losing their job isn't punishment.

Nah, I didn't say anything about poor quality, my point is that they aren't making cars that people want. Gimme a competitor for my Tiburons (a well-designed sportscar with actual body design (moldings, rear fin, ground effects, etc), twin tailpipes, wide wheels, sport suspension, priced competitively - under $20K - 60,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty standard, etc, etc, etc. There's simply no other car made or being made that fits those parameters (so no competition). So, where's the car I want? Means I can say they don't make the cars people want because on my end it couldn't be more true. :-D

And sorry to see you got sucked back in. :-b

i guess i can agree with your first point...how about we just agree that it would suck for the economy for 3 million people to be potentially out of work...

as for your second point, yeah i guess they just dont make cars Madison wants...we call that a niche market in the industry :^ :-b
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Madison » Mon Dec 15, 2008 2:23 am

Dan Lambskin wrote:i guess i can agree with your first point...how about we just agree that it would suck for the economy for 3 million people to be potentially out of work...

as for your second point, yeah i guess they just dont make cars Madison wants...we call that a niche market in the industry :^ :-b

Oh I agree it would stink for 3 million people to lose their jobs, but that's all part of life. Things happen.

Niche market my patootie. :-b Ever see a commercial for a Tiburon? Ever see a "deal" on a Tiburon? Nope and nope. They don't have to advertise them or give deals on them in order to sell them because there's zero competition out there.

*Disclaimer, there actually is/was a deal going at my nearest dealership on the '08 Tiburon and I believe it is/was nationwide (got close to trading the '05 in, but he wouldn't do quite enough to land the sale) since it appears the '08 Tiburon will be the last one. 2 door Genesis will "supposedly" replace the Tiburon in '09 (manager could have been lying, but just something to toss out there), so they are/were giving a tiny bit to move the last of their inventory.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby jfg » Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:34 pm

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28371313/from/RSS/

I think they need to do more than propose legislation, they need to start moving on criminal charges. These pieces of crap deserve to rot.
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 85)

Postby RugbyD » Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:12 pm

jfg wrote:http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28371313/from/RSS/

I think they need to do more than propose legislation, they need to start moving on criminal charges. These pieces of crap deserve to rot.

I'm not excusing this, but it's no less criminal that Treasury not disclosing who the recipients are and of how much.

I was hesitant about the financial bailout at first but didn't have much to specifically oppose other than strong reservations about what could go wrong. Far too many of those reservations are coming to fruition. :-t
TennCare rocks!!!!
RugbyD
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby Art Vandelay » Fri Dec 26, 2008 2:55 am

Art Vandelay
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner