Mafia VI - Day 2 - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Mafia VI - Day 2

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Mafia VI - Day 2

Postby teddy ballgame » Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:10 pm

After an unfortunate mistake on Day 1, the town awakes to good news on Day 2. Yoda, the ISK has been killed, but not before he struck one last time. His final victim was jfg, a member of the mafia.

Players remaining:
1. Sim
2. bleach
3. chris
4. Aussie
5. Snakes
6. Inukchuk
7. SJNez
8. J35J
9. h0rt
10. kimchi

5 votes are needed for a lynch.
Image
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 11485
Joined: 7 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Beantown

Re: Mafia VI - Day 2

Postby chris8 » Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:29 pm

Wow! Don't you just love it when they take out each other!

Time to review Day 1 before casting any new votes...
Image
chris8
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
Posts: 7023
(Past Year: 116)
Joined: 13 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Going to see a man about a dog

Re: Mafia VI - Day 2

Postby Inukchuk » Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:46 pm

That is HUGE!

Nice job, suckas!!!!
Image
abrunn11... the place to go for all your sig needs...
Inukchuk
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 4014
Joined: 24 Jan 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Coming down on this hospital like the hammer of Thor

Re: Mafia VI - Day 2

Postby chris8 » Mon Sep 29, 2008 3:16 pm

OK, a quick journey through the events of Day 1 has revealed some interesting nuggets. Bear with me - this will be a long post!

There was quite a lot of sparring going on between jfg - now a known mafioso - and Snakes early on. I think there is a lot of evidence to suggest that Snakes is also a mafioso, and here's why:

The very first post was Snakes voting for jfg! That's been a standard 'joke vote' in the last few games, so obviously no one takes it seriously. Then it was unvoted on the same page.

But then on page 3:
Snakes wrote:i 100 % agree. the longer the day goes, the more i was nervous about any suspicion coming my way.

unvote: yoda
vote: jfg

he seems nervous.

The vote is back on jfg. The reason given on page 9 is:
Snakes wrote:jfg is just constantly saying how he doesnt want this game to go too long and it seems like hes getting annoyed that it is. only mafia dont want people to contribute their opinions on who is/isnt mafia. its not a lot to go on right now, but its enough.


(plus we have history ;-) )

The bit about the 'history' kind of feels like it's been thrown in to make us think that it isn't really a serious vote.

Two posts later, jfg counters by voting for Snakes, so they are now voting for each other. That's when Snakes comes back with the following:
Snakes wrote:odds of me being mafioso two games in a row is slim to none.

you on the other hand, just strengthened my suspicion.

A post which several people thought was odd, as Snakes has played enough to know that his role in the previous game is irrelevant to the odds of him having any particular role in this game. jfg is one of the guys who calls him out on it! So the sparring continues!

Then we jump forward to page 12, when Snakes unvotes jfg, and votes for Sim with this post:
Snakes wrote:i obviously know better. im also just voting for jfg, because of our history. i havent been keeping up with this go round as much as in the past. i think the 100 pages of mafia 5 wore me out. i havent seen anything that really sticks out to me, other than mookie being a crazy man, but thats normal to me.

thanks for the compliment guy ;-)

vote me off, all you'd like. if it helps you guys find mafia because of voting patterns, then ill be the sacrificial lamb.

Unvote: jfg
Vote: Sim

that 2nd vote was quick and seemed like a "oh yeah that makes sense, ill vote for this guy, because no one will suspect me".

A useful reason - a quick vote - to take the vote off jfg. Notice the mention of 'history' again regarding his vote on jfg!

Again, jfg is quick to respond (next post) with:
jfg wrote:What's this? Snakes doesn't have a hit on me? You might have a dead townie in the morning shocked to death. That said, I'm not too sure I want to reciprocate the gesture.

Surprised that Snakes no longer has a vote on him. But doesn't want to take his vote off straight away - that would look suspicious.

Then on the next page, Snakes is called out for proclaiming himself "good" when he meant "active". jfg posts this:
jfg wrote:First, you say that the odds are slim to none that you could be mafia two games in a row and now this? I was thinking of taking my vote off you but I've gotta keep it there now.

Again, the removal of his vote on Snakes is delayed.

But not forever, as on page 17:
jfg wrote:Everybody seems to be taking off their votes on Snakes despite some red flags. To tell you the truth, I'm not sold on him either and really was planning to unvote him until he started talking about odds and his greatness... Still, that's not enough, even though nothing is really enough on day 1. I'm going to put a vote on SJNez just to see what he has to say.

Unvote: Snakes

Vote: SJNez

The vote is finally off Snakes - reluctantly, but he wasn't really "sold on him" anyway!

Later on (page 19), Snakes joins jfg in voting for SJNez - which is the only thing which really worries me, because it could be a huge risk to be seen to be voting for the same person. That said, with so many votes on Mookie at the time, it could also be seen as a 'safe' vote in that neither of them are connected with what at the time was a pretty much inevitable lynching.

Now, all that leads me to believe something which I suspected on Day 1 - and said here on page 12:
chris8 wrote:This whole thing between Snakes & jfg seems very odd to me. Are they genuinely antagonising one another, or just playing their own little game?! The more I think about it, the more likely it seems to me that they are in cahoots and just pretending to have their own little war of words.

I really do believe that Snakes - who was already on my radar - is also part of the Mafia. Now that we know jfg's role, the exchanges they had on Day 1 feel like a setup so that if one of them was caught, the other wouldn't be suspected.

I should say that I have come up with this theory by assuming Snakes is mafia. And, of course, if we think something is true, then it is often easy to find evidence to support our theories! I could be terribly wrong, but will put my money where my mouth is and vote the way I think.

Vote: Snakes

If people can find a flaw in my reasoning, then please point it out! I'd hate to start a bandwagon that ends up with the lynching of an innocent townie! Let me know what you think, please!
Image
chris8
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
Posts: 7023
(Past Year: 116)
Joined: 13 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Going to see a man about a dog

Re: Mafia VI - Day 2

Postby J35J » Mon Sep 29, 2008 3:51 pm

Nice write up Chris....I agree with most of what you said. I've had Snakes as my #1 choice from the start so I'll jump aboard!
Vote: Snakes

I will say my next choice would be SJNez...for whatever thats worth. He's posted a handful of times but hasn't really said anything.



...If anyone comes up with some good evidence for Snakes I'm all ears....I was wrong about Mookie and I don't want to be wrong again.
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 10467
(Past Year: 421)
Joined: 26 Jan 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Mafia VI - Day 2

Postby chris8 » Mon Sep 29, 2008 4:12 pm

J35J wrote:Nice write up Chris....I agree with most of what you said. I've had Snakes as my #1 choice from the start so I'll jump aboard!
Vote: Snakes

I will say my next choice would be SJNez...for whatever thats worth. He's posted a handful of times but hasn't really said anything.



...If anyone comes up with some good evidence for Snakes I'm all ears....I was wrong about Mookie and I don't want to be wrong again.

I just hope I'm right. But we do now have some voting pattern to go on, and the fact that they both voted for one another at the start, and subsequently took their votes off each other - well, I don't need to repeat myself.

Haven't really considered SJNez as a suspect yet. I haven't really noticed him being less forthcoming with his opinions than most other people.
Image
chris8
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
Posts: 7023
(Past Year: 116)
Joined: 13 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Going to see a man about a dog

Re: Mafia VI - Day 2

Postby bleach168 » Mon Sep 29, 2008 5:06 pm

lol @ what happened last night.

As for Snakes being mafia, I don't know. In the last game when mafia won, Snakes was very proud of how mafia played which was very low key. Going back and forth with another mafia on day 1 is dangerous as it links the two. I'm not sure they would do something as daring as that.

Going to go over jfg's posts day 1.
"And so he spoke, and so he spoke, that lord of Castamere. But now the rains weep o'er his hall, with no one there to hear." - The Rains of Castamere
bleach168
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy Expert
Posts: 5057
(Past Year: 16)
Joined: 22 Apr 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Mafia VI - Day 2

Postby jfg » Mon Sep 29, 2008 5:09 pm

Did we change the rules this time around? BP set the rules as mafia has priority over ISK. If the ISK is killed he can't kill....
Image
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Posts: 6078
(Past Year: 95)
Joined: 4 Nov 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Mafia VI - Day 2

Postby bleach168 » Mon Sep 29, 2008 5:23 pm

jfg wrote:Did we change the rules this time around? BP set the rules as mafia has priority over ISK. If the ISK is killed he can't kill....


You're posts on day 1 were unsurprisingly unhelpful.
"And so he spoke, and so he spoke, that lord of Castamere. But now the rains weep o'er his hall, with no one there to hear." - The Rains of Castamere
bleach168
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy Expert
Posts: 5057
(Past Year: 16)
Joined: 22 Apr 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Mafia VI - Day 2

Postby teddy ballgame » Mon Sep 29, 2008 5:27 pm

jfg wrote:Did we change the rules this time around? BP set the rules as mafia has priority over ISK. If the ISK is killed he can't kill....

I've never heard of that rule.
Image
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 11485
Joined: 7 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Beantown

Next

Return to General Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: buiviopaufamp and 2 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Thursday, Jul. 31
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Chi White Sox at Detroit
(1:08 pm)
Colorado at Chi Cubs
(2:20 pm)
St. Louis at San Diego
(3:40 pm)
Philadelphia at Washington
(7:05 pm)
Seattle at Cleveland
(7:05 pm)
LA Angels at Baltimore
(7:05 pm)
Cincinnati at Miami
(7:10 pm)
indoors
Toronto at Houston
(8:10 pm)
Minnesota at Kansas City
(8:10 pm)
Pittsburgh at Arizona
(9:40 pm)
Atlanta at LA Dodgers
(10:10 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact