Would a Chicago-Minnesota play-in game count in CBS? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Would a Chicago-Minnesota play-in game count in CBS?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Would a Chicago-Minnesota play-in game count in CBS?

Postby Jedimindtric » Mon Sep 29, 2008 7:03 pm

In the event that there are any regular season tie-breaker playoff games, the statistics accumulated in such games will NOT be counted towards your overall Rotisserie score.

Where in CBS rules does it say this? If anyone knows, please let me know.
Jedimindtric
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Chadgo5 » Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:01 pm

The Rockies/Padres play-in game stats absolutely counted last year. I thought I had won my roto league by a half point only to find out that the play-in game stats WERE going to count towards the regular season roto stats. I had Peavy pitching that game. I decided to bench him, but CBS wouldn't let me. They consider it a continuation of the last scoring period. I thought, oh well, if I have to pitch someone it might as well be Peavy. He blew up and I watched my lead evaporate on live-scoring right before my eyes... Furious, but helpless, I posted a congratulations to the other owner for overtaking me and went to bed before the game ended. I couldn't sleep, amazed that an entire season came down to one stinking game. This was my 15 year old money league and I hadn't won since 1998....

I woke up in the morning and checked the site one last time before heading to work... only to find out that I WON! During the game both he and I were chatting through all the point scenarios and when i went to bed we both figured I had no chance to get my point back. But... he had Trevor Hoffman. And Hoffman failed to get an out (I believe)... raising his team WHIP just enough to be taken over by the next highest team. Neither of us had guessed that scenario. To make matters worse for him... Hoffman's blow-up not only cost him the title, but he dropped to 3rd place... costing him over $700 in prize money.

Wildest finish I had ever seen. Believe me... the play-in game can cause a heart attack.
Chadgo5
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 5)

Postby Bloody Sox » Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:17 pm

Jedimindtric wrote:In the event that there are any regular season tie-breaker playoff games, the statistics accumulated in such games will NOT be counted towards your overall Rotisserie score.

The rules say this somewhere (Dan Lambskin posted it), but right on the front of the league page, CBS writes: "Baseball Make-up Game and One Game Playoffs: The make up game between the Tigers and the White Sox on 9/29 will be included in week 26 results. If a one game tiebreaker needs to be played on Tuesday, that game will be included as well."

On a somewhat related note, right now CBS is all screwed up... its not showing any of the pickups for the last couple of days on anyone's rosters or in live stats. They better fix that quick.
"The government cannot give to anyone anything that it does not first take from someone else"
Bloody Sox
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 18)

Postby Patella Tendon » Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:12 am

On a somewhat related note, right now CBS is all screwed up... its not showing any of the pickups for the last couple of days on anyone's rosters or in live stats. They better fix that quick.

They better not fix it because that would be cheating!
Patella Tendon
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 5)

Postby Bloody Sox » Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:21 am

Patella Tendon wrote:

They better not fix it because that would be cheating!

Huh? Why? They've posted that the games would count, so they should. How is it cheating? I personally would prefer they don't count - I'd win my league if the season ended on Sunday, but I'm also the commissioner, so I'm concerned with league integrity too.
"The government cannot give to anyone anything that it does not first take from someone else"
Bloody Sox
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Dan Lambskin » Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:24 am

Bloody Sox wrote:
Jedimindtric wrote:In the event that there are any regular season tie-breaker playoff games, the statistics accumulated in such games will NOT be counted towards your overall Rotisserie score.

The rules say this somewhere (Dan Lambskin posted it), but right on the front of the league page, CBS writes: "Baseball Make-up Game and One Game Playoffs: The make up game between the Tigers and the White Sox on 9/29 will be included in week 26 results. If a one game tiebreaker needs to be played on Tuesday, that game will be included as well."

i even emailed them...i dont even understand this response. if someone cant even spell their name right i cant trust their response

i am just going to hope i win

Subject---------------------------------------------------------------Twins White-Sox tiebreaker Discussion Thread----------------------------Response (kayte) - 09/29/2008 12:25 PM We will not include any tiebreaker game, however, since it is not technically a regular season game.

Customer - 09/29/2008 11:45 AM your message center states thatBaseball Make-up Game and One Game PlayoffsThe make up game between the Tigers and the White Sox on 9/29 will be included in week 26 results. If a one game tiebreaker needs to be played on Tuesday, that game will be included as well.

however, this is contrary to CBS league ruleshttp://14803213737.baseball.sports ... officialIn the event that there are any regular season tie-breaker playoff games, the statistics accumulated in such games will NOT be counted towards your overall Rotisserie score.

whats the deal?
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Bloody Sox » Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:26 am

The response confirms the rule that you found, but runs contrary to what they've posted on the league's front page. Ugh. I hope I win too, but I don't want there to be any questions/complaining about it, as I'm the commissioner of my league.
Bloody Sox
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Dan Lambskin » Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:50 am

Bloody Sox wrote:The response confirms the rule that you found, but runs contrary to what they've posted on the league's front page. Ugh. I hope I win too, but I don't want there to be any questions/complaining about it, as I'm the commissioner of my league.

now they're confirming they dont count on the front page :*)

The 2008 season has ended
Baseball Make-up Game and One Game Playoffs

The make up game between the Tigers and the White Sox on 9/29 will be included in week 26 results. If a one game tiebreaker needs to be played on Tuesday, that game will not be included in your league's results.
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Bloody Sox » Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:55 am

WOW. I guess I like that they are being consistent with the rules... but jeez.

Still, in my league as of right now, they have not included yesterday's games in my league's final totals, which I think affected 3rd and 4th place, not that it is a huge deal (difference of $25).
Bloody Sox
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby haymarket » Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:13 am

FWIW my league page still says this...

Baseball Make-up Game and One Game Playoffs
The make up game between the Tigers and the White Sox on 9/29 will be included in week 26 results. If a one game tiebreaker needs to be played on Tuesday, that game will be included as well.
haymarket
College Coach
College Coach

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers