Would a Chicago-Minnesota play-in game count in CBS? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Would a Chicago-Minnesota play-in game count in CBS?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Would a Chicago-Minnesota play-in game count in CBS?

Postby Bloody Sox » Mon Sep 29, 2008 6:52 am

I know that Yahoo has ended the regular season, and that ESPN will count today's makeup game and the play-in game, but what about CBS?

I know that they are counting today's makeup game between Chicago and Detroit, but not sure about tomorrow's potential play-in game.

Anyone???

I'm hanging on by a thread in my main money league (roto)...
"The government cannot give to anyone anything that it does not first take from someone else"
Bloody Sox
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 18)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Would a Chicago-Minnesota play-in game count in CBS?

Postby Old_Style » Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:32 am

It would count as a playoff game, so I'm guessing no.
Old_Style
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Dan Lambskin » Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:16 am

correct...CHI/DET will count (at least for Roto), CHI/MIN would not
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Bloody Sox » Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:22 am

Old_Style wrote:It would count as a playoff game, so I'm guessing no.

I'm not sure what this statement means... I'm pretty sure MLB considers the play-in game a regular season game, not a playoff game, so its unclear what CBS will do.

Dan Lambskin wrote:correct...CHI/DET will count (at least for Roto), CHI/MIN would not

Are you sure of this? I could not find anything in the CBS help section about it, and as of 7 am this morning their note on the front page only mentioned today's game, not a potential CHI/MIN game.
"The government cannot give to anyone anything that it does not first take from someone else"
Bloody Sox
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby haymarket » Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:25 am

This is what it says on my league page......

Baseball Make-up Game and One Game Playoffs
The make up game between the Tigers and the White Sox on 9/29 will be included in week 26 results. If a one game tiebreaker needs to be played on Tuesday, that game will be included as well.

It's for a roto league on CBS.
haymarket
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 3)

Postby Bloody Sox » Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:39 am

haymarket wrote:This is what it says on my league page......

The make up game between the Tigers and the White Sox on 9/29 will be included in week 26 results. If a one game tiebreaker needs to be played on Tuesday, that game will be included as well.

Ah... so they've updated their note - thanks (though that sucks... I don't want that extra game to happen).
Bloody Sox
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby OREO fan » Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:46 am

Last year's Colorado/San Diego play-in game definitely counted in my H2H league for CBS. I am pretty sure a White Sox/Twins game would count as well.
OREO fan
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Dan Lambskin » Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:42 am

Bloody Sox wrote:
haymarket wrote:This is what it says on my league page......

Ah... so they've updated their note - thanks (though that sucks... I don't want that extra game to happen).

i just saw that...it is contrary to their league rules

Rotisserie Notes:
Each team's pitching staff must accumulate at least 900* innings pitched over the course of the season or it will be placed in last place in the team ERA and WHIP categories. Each team's batters must accumulate a total of at least 3,950* at-bats or it will be placed in last place in Batting Average (or On-Base Percentage and Slugging Percentage in Roto-Plus leagues). All leagues that begin after 5/21/08 will use 600 innings pitched and 2,900 at-bats as the minimums. All leagues that begin after 7/08/08 will use 450 innings pitched and 1,900 at-bats as the minimums.

There will be no tie-breaker to determine Rotisserie league champions. In the event of a tie for first place, the tied teams will evenly split any prizes for which they are eligible.

Pitchers' hitting stats will not generate any hitting points, and batter's pitching stats will not generate pitching points.

In the event that there are any regular season tie-breaker playoff games, the statistics accumulated in such games will NOT be counted towards your overall Rotisserie score.

Note: Categories that are based on percentages (e.g., Batting Average, Earned Run Average, etc.) are determined by adding the individual numbers of every player on your team, and then computing the average. We do NOT compute a percentage for each individual player and then compute a team average. For example, if you have two batters -- one goes 1-for-1 (1.000 BA) and the other 0-for-4 (.000 BA), then the team BA is .200 (1-for-5), NOT .500 (the average of 1.000 and .000.)

i'm clinging to a 1 pt lead...pretty sure i can hang on no matter what happens today, not 100% on an extra day
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Bloody Sox » Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:17 pm

I'm in the same boat. I have a 2 point lead now, but that could easily be reduced to 1/2 point today and everything could come down to tomorrow's game. Ugh. I did grab all available Minnesota and Chicago guys to try to prevent it, but its gonna be tough to hang on if that game is played.
Bloody Sox
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Old_Style » Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:14 pm

Bloody Sox wrote:
Old_Style wrote:It would count as a playoff game, so I'm guessing no.

I'm not sure what this statement means... I'm pretty sure MLB considers the play-in game a regular season game, not a playoff game, so its unclear what CBS will do.

I always thought they counted as a playoff game. Sorry for the confusion.
Old_Style
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers