CHI/DET make up game Monday? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

CHI/DET make up game Monday?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

CHI/DET make up game Monday?

Postby SpecialFNK » Sun Sep 28, 2008 7:00 am

if Chicago and Minnesota are seperated by 1/2 game there will be a make up game between Chicago and Detroit on Monday afternoon. any idea who would start for each team?
im guessing the Sox would go with Floyd, and maybe the Tigers with one of Garcia or Robertson ?
SpecialFNK
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 514)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: CHI/DET make up game Monday?

Postby Bloody Sox » Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:10 am

SpecialFNK wrote:if Chicago and Minnesota are seperated by 1/2 game there will be a make up game between Chicago and Detroit on Monday afternoon. any idea who would start for each team?
im guessing the Sox would go with Floyd, and maybe the Tigers with one of Garcia or Robertson ?

ESPN Scoreboard has it as Floyd vs. Garcia.
"The government cannot give to anyone anything that it does not first take from someone else"
Bloody Sox
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 20)

Postby Jedimindtric » Sun Sep 28, 2008 9:58 am

Am I correct to assume that if the Twins win today and the Sox lose that the Monday game will NOT be played? Anyone know? I would rather it not be played as I am holding on to 1st place by the skin of my teeth and would rather the season be done today! :)
Jedimindtric
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby MotorCityKitties » Sun Sep 28, 2008 10:31 am

Jedimindtric wrote:Am I correct to assume that if the Twins win today and the Sox lose that the Monday game will NOT be played? Anyone know? I would rather it not be played as I am holding on to 1st place by the skin of my teeth and would rather the season be done today! :)

Yes, that is the only scenario that will prevent the game from being played.

What is Yahoo going to do if this game is played? It's a regular season game so it should count for Roto leagues, but since it's a makeup game from a couple weeks ago it shouldn't count for H2H leagues.
MotorCityKitties
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby jackie hayes » Sun Sep 28, 2008 5:22 pm

MotorCityKitties wrote:Yes, that is the only scenario that will prevent the game from being played.

What is Yahoo going to do if this game is played? It's a regular season game so it should count for Roto leagues, but since it's a makeup game from a couple weeks ago it shouldn't count for H2H leagues.

I'm wondering the same thing. The roto league calendar just stops today, it doesn't even have empty slots for tomorrow. So I'm guessing they won't count it? The "playing season" part of rules states, "Yahoo! Sports Fantasy Baseball runs throughout the entire 2008 baseball regular season, which begins on Tuesday, March 25 and is scheduled to end on Sunday, September 28." That sounds like it should be counted in roto -- it is part of "the entire 2008 baseball regular season". Just because it was "scheduled to end" on the 28th doesn't mean anything.

Really wondering about this... :-?
jackie hayes
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 274)

Postby GiantsFan14 » Sun Sep 28, 2008 5:24 pm

i assumed that it counts and i can see the games on scheduled next to my players on yahoo but it won't let me make line-up changes, everything is locked in.
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 836)

Postby jackie hayes » Sun Sep 28, 2008 5:35 pm

Actually, it works for me. I just dropped almost my entire team for DET/CHW players.

I just dropped Nick Markakis for Matt Joyce. The one and only time anybody will hear me say that.
jackie hayes
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic

Postby GiantsFan14 » Sun Sep 28, 2008 5:51 pm

jackie hayes wrote:Actually, it works for me. I just dropped almost my entire team for DET/CHW players.

I just dropped Nick Markakis for Matt Joyce. The one and only time anybody will hear me say that.

how did u get to the correct day? the last day that yahoo shows is today, theres not even a link to go to mondays line up
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 836)

Postby jackie hayes » Sun Sep 28, 2008 5:56 pm

GiantsFan14 wrote:how did u get to the correct day? the last day that yahoo shows is today, theres not even a link to go to mondays line up

I can't do that. I just looked through the list on the "Players" tab, and it shows the opponent in the correct column. Clicked the little + sign to add them, went through the usual bit. But I can't look at the players that I have for tomorrow.

Edit: And, crap, you're right, there's no way to edit the lineup. I guess, just hope that gets fixed. Otherwise, my bench will DOMINATE tomorrow.
jackie hayes
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic

Postby jackie hayes » Sun Sep 28, 2008 6:24 pm

New note on the roto team page:
The Yahoo! Sports Fantasy Baseball season ended with the games played on Sunday, September 28th. Statistics from the Tigers vs. White Sox game on Monday, September 29th, will NOT count in fantasy scoring.

That's some...stuff. The rules do say, the "entire" regular season counts.
jackie hayes
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers