Post your top 10 players!!! here are mine... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Post your top 10 players!!! here are mine...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby LionsandTigersOhMy » Sat Mar 06, 2004 11:46 pm

LMAO
LionsandTigersOhMy
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Purple Haze » Sun Mar 07, 2004 12:52 am

TheRawDAWG wrote:Hey, Obviously the Wells pick was a homer pick. Just a little publicity for my man.

And basically everything you said I agree with. Helton is living off of the days he hit 45 homers, 145 RBIs and 140 runs with a 350 average. His average is still great but all the other numbers have taken a hit dramatically. Helton automatic 35+ homers, 120 RBIs and 120 runs? He hasn't hit 35 homers the past 2 years, nor has he hit 120 RBIs. Thats production easily found later in the draft from 1b. And with the rest of his line up getting older (i.e. Walker, Castilla, Burnitz) I don't see him getting better and going back to the days of a top 5 pick. I probably wouldn't even draft him in the 9 hole like I said. But maybe....anything can happen. But to put Helton anywhere higher means you are living in the past.

Your right he hit 33 HR's and 117 RBI's with 130 runs and a .359 average.. Yep looks like a decline! :-?
Purple Haze
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Sun Mar 07, 2004 3:46 am

Arod
Pujols
Vlad
Soriano
Prior
Helton
Sheffield
Beltran
Bonds
Pedro

Im a bit suprised with Sheff missing from some top 10s.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby TheRawDAWG » Sun Mar 07, 2004 12:36 pm

Purple Haze wrote:
TheRawDAWG wrote:Hey, Obviously the Wells pick was a homer pick. Just a little publicity for my man.

And basically everything you said I agree with. Helton is living off of the days he hit 45 homers, 145 RBIs and 140 runs with a 350 average. His average is still great but all the other numbers have taken a hit dramatically. Helton automatic 35+ homers, 120 RBIs and 120 runs? He hasn't hit 35 homers the past 2 years, nor has he hit 120 RBIs. Thats production easily found later in the draft from 1b. And with the rest of his line up getting older (i.e. Walker, Castilla, Burnitz) I don't see him getting better and going back to the days of a top 5 pick. I probably wouldn't even draft him in the 9 hole like I said. But maybe....anything can happen. But to put Helton anywhere higher means you are living in the past.

Your right he hit 33 HR's and 117 RBI's with 130 runs and a .359 average.. Yep looks like a decline! :-?

Uhh...yeah, It's a decline in everything except average. And you have to look at whats going on around him to also see that more than likely these numbers aren't going to get any better. I can get more HRs, RBIs, and about the same number of Runs in the 6th round. Obviously the average will be a little lower but then you can't have everything. Don't believe me? I drafted Delgado in the sixth round of many drafts last year. Who had the better season? It's probably close call with Helton's average. But like I said you can get close to the same value as Helton much later in the draft.
Barry Bonds for US president.
TheRawDAWG
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Purple Haze » Sun Mar 07, 2004 4:55 pm

TheRawDAWG wrote:
Purple Haze wrote:

Uhh...yeah, It's a decline in everything except average. And you have to look at whats going on around him to also see that more than likely these numbers aren't going to get any better. I can get more HRs, RBIs, and about the same number of Runs in the 6th round. Obviously the average will be a little lower but then you can't have everything. Don't believe me? I drafted Delgado in the sixth round of many drafts last year. Who had the better season? It's probably close call with Helton's average. But like I said you can get close to the same value as Helton much later in the draft.

(IMHO) Your highly underratting Batting Average.. Especially a .350 + average.. That is sic.. and he had an off year and still was in the top 5 for HR's, and RBI's and 32 in runs (135 sic) but a .350+ average.. That is what seperates him from all the rest, and his potential to turn those 60+ doubles into more HR's... we will agree to disagree.. Helton is a true triple crown threat.. only Pujols is in that class... (IMHO) Nuff Said... ;-D
Purple Haze
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

top 10 players

Postby THEMANIAC » Sun Mar 07, 2004 6:53 pm

Gagne is def. not in here. 15-19 should do it for him, closers are overated, especially closers on crappy teams. At most (if he has a repeat of 2003) i put him at like 12, NO HIGHER!

1. AROD ( prolly not 50 homers, but higher average, more RBI and Runs, still low double digits in SB)
2. Pujols (Could be 1, or two, person preference, cant go wrong with him or AROD)
3. Helton (year in year out 330+, with pop, and alot of Runs and RBI`S)
4. Prior (He should improve, now thats scary)
5. Sori (Leaving the yankee stadium, that kills righties, and takes off two tons of pressure, and movies into a hitting ballpark, smell 40-40 300)
6. Vlad (Even with only about 15 steals this year, no lower than a 320 average, and in a good lineup alot ofruns, and RBI`s, and high 30, low 40 homers)
7. Halladay (A work horse that will help in all catagorie,s and should lower his era below 3)
8. Pedro (onl far down cause he has a health issue, but if healthy worthy of alot higher
9. Schilling (same story as pedro, if healthy pure dominant, on a better teem)
10. Bonds (If u use OBP, he belongs here, if not than he doesnt, hell hit high, but no one is in that lineup, might walk so much homers and RBI`s will take a massive hit, expect him to break his own walk record)
THEMANIAC

Friendliness: %

Postby guest » Sun Mar 07, 2004 9:23 pm

DONT YOU GUYS GET IT, AROD IS FUCKIN GAY!!!!!!!!!!!!
IF HE WASNT GAY, HE WOULD BE AN AVERAGE BASEBALL PLAYER.
YOU GUYS ARE SUCH FUCKIN LOSERS!!!! WHY DOESNT ANYONE BELIEVE ME??? AROD IS A FRUITCAKE AND TEJADA IS MAD NICE

Friendliness: %

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers