Post your top 10 players!!! here are mine... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Post your top 10 players!!! here are mine...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby TheRawDAWG » Sat Mar 06, 2004 3:13 pm

1)A-Rod
2)Pujols
3)Beltran
4)Soriano
5)Vlad
6)Prior
7)V.Wells (I'd never draft him here because he can be had much later. But this is my list of guys I think are the best players).
8)Pedro (This is huge risk. But I think he's going to get over 200 innings pitched. He has to play through the little nags that usually keep him out if he wants a big contract next year.)
9) Manny
10) Sheff
11) Gagne (I threw in another player because I'm sure I'd get backlash over Wells. I think Gagne is better than just a run of the mill closer cause he can help you in every cat except wins. He gets more K's than alot of starters out there. His WHIP and ERA are untouchable and well you know all about his save production. Too bad he didn't blow more saves so he could get a few cheap wins.)

And I think Beltran is a 40/40 player in the making and maybe the top player drafted next year. He's being rated so high on these top 10's because a guy that can challenge for the SB title and add a 310 ave. with 30 HRs and 100RBIs is very rare in this day and age.
Barry Bonds for US president.
TheRawDAWG
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby TheRawDAWG » Sat Mar 06, 2004 3:17 pm

ooops... forgot Helton. I was just doing it off the top of my head. I would put Helton aroung the 9 hole. Underrated? I don't thinkso, I think he's overrated. You can get Production from first base close to what Helton does later in the draft. I know I'm in the minority, But he hits 30 homers now, his average is still 350, and runs and RBIs are still good but not better than Delgado or Sexson will be this year. The only thing that makes him better than other 1b is his average. He puts up good number in the other stats but not high enough to carry your team. I know I had him last year. OVERRATED!! If you can get him at the end of the first round do it but don't take him before the 9 or 10 hole. IMO!!
TheRawDAWG
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Purple Haze » Sat Mar 06, 2004 5:04 pm

TheRawDAWG wrote:ooops... forgot Helton. I was just doing it off the top of my head. I would put Helton aroung the 9 hole. Underrated? I don't thinkso, I think he's overrated. You can get Production from first base close to what Helton does later in the draft. I know I'm in the minority, But he hits 30 homers now, his average is still 350, and runs and RBIs are still good but not better than Delgado or Sexson will be this year. The only thing that makes him better than other 1b is his average. He puts up good number in the other stats but not high enough to carry your team. I know I had him last year. OVERRATED!! If you can get him at the end of the first round do it but don't take him before the 9 or 10 hole. IMO!!

You can get production close to Helton? 8-o What are you smoking?

Helton was second only to PUJOLS... Go look at the numbers.. and also look at three year average.. JEEZE.. I wish you were in my leagues!

Helton .350+ Average 35+ HR's 120+ RBI's 120+ Runs He is a TRUE TRIPLE CROWN THREAT :-D ... wow.. just wow.. overratted? that is the biggest joke I've ever heard.. at least we all know not to give anything you say any credibility :-t
Purple Haze
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mkooljr1 » Sat Mar 06, 2004 5:22 pm

Purple Haze wrote:Helton .350+ Average 35+ HR's 120+ RBI's 120+ Runs He is a TRUE TRIPLE CROWN THREAT ... wow.. just wow.. overratted? that is the biggest joke I've ever heard.. at least we all know not to give anything you say any credibility

With Aaron Miles' and Royce Clayton's fabulous OBP's expected to be 1st and 2nd in the order ahead of Helton, AND the fact that Helton hasn't even had 120 rbis the last 2 seasons, it makes me believe he won't have 120+ again this year. So please, consider actually doing some research before making comments about other's opinions. Coz after your post, it seems that maybe YOU have no credibility either. Although I'd have to admit that The Raw Dawg listing Wells 7th overall does lose him all the credibility he coulda possibly had.
mkooljr1
College Coach
College Coach

Postby TheRawDAWG » Sat Mar 06, 2004 5:52 pm

Hey, Obviously the Wells pick was a homer pick. Just a little publicity for my man.

And basically everything you said I agree with. Helton is living off of the days he hit 45 homers, 145 RBIs and 140 runs with a 350 average. His average is still great but all the other numbers have taken a hit dramatically. Helton automatic 35+ homers, 120 RBIs and 120 runs? He hasn't hit 35 homers the past 2 years, nor has he hit 120 RBIs. Thats production easily found later in the draft from 1b. And with the rest of his line up getting older (i.e. Walker, Castilla, Burnitz) I don't see him getting better and going back to the days of a top 5 pick. I probably wouldn't even draft him in the 9 hole like I said. But maybe....anything can happen. But to put Helton anywhere higher means you are living in the past.
TheRawDAWG
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Mookie4ever » Sat Mar 06, 2004 7:02 pm

TheRawDAWG wrote:Hey, Obviously the Wells pick was a homer pick. Just a little publicity for my man.

And basically everything you said I agree with. Helton is living off of the days he hit 45 homers, 145 RBIs and 140 runs with a 350 average. His average is still great but all the other numbers have taken a hit dramatically. Helton automatic 35+ homers, 120 RBIs and 120 runs? He hasn't hit 35 homers the past 2 years, nor has he hit 120 RBIs. Thats production easily found later in the draft from 1b. And with the rest of his line up getting older (i.e. Walker, Castilla, Burnitz) I don't see him getting better and going back to the days of a top 5 pick. I probably wouldn't even draft him in the 9 hole like I said. But maybe....anything can happen. But to put Helton anywhere higher means you are living in the past.

He is living off the days that he hit 45 HRs? Do you know that he hit .358 last year?

You wouldn't take him 9 overall? who would you take before him Wells? Manny? Sheff?

Helton beat Manny in 4 of 5 cats last year. The only one that Manny wins is SB 3-0.

It took a career year for Sheff to beat Helton in 3 of 5 cats. Normally Helton beats Sheff in 4 of 5 cats.

Helton is younger than both Manny and Sheff.

You are entitled to your opinion but you're a bit out of line to call him overrated (and in caps!), if anything, Helton is underrated.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 280)

Postby Jonathan » Sat Mar 06, 2004 7:48 pm

1 ARod
2 Pujols
3 Soriano
4 Beltran
5 Vlad
6 Helton
7 Prior

8 Bonds
9 Nomar
10 Pedro
Jonathan
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby MurderersRow » Sat Mar 06, 2004 10:10 pm

ARod
Pujhols
Sariano
Vlad the Impairer
Helton
Beltran
Bonds
NOMAH
Prior
Manny
Sheff
MurderersRow
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby BigLebowski » Sat Mar 06, 2004 10:42 pm

1-Arod
2-Pujols
3-Vlad
4-Helton
5-Soriano
6-Prior
7-Beltran
8-Manny
9-Bonds
10-Pedro/Schilling
BigLebowski
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 474)

my friend disagrees with this but i dont know why!!!!!!!!!!!

Postby guest » Sat Mar 06, 2004 11:26 pm

i think miguel tejada is better than a rod.
this is because a rod is always trying to impress someone when hitting. according to MLB, 76% of crowds at baseball games are from males. since AROD is gay, he's tryin to impress the men. this is why arod has better numbers.tejada has better ability to me.

PLEASE TELL ME WHAT YOU THIMK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Friendliness: %

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers