Hoping to start a new 12 Team H2H Keeper league $25 - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Classifieds

Hoping to start a new 12 Team H2H Keeper league $25

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Hoping to start a new 12 Team H2H Keeper league $25

Postby B-Chad » Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:21 pm

This is my first post in the classifieds, and would love any help I can get. I'm hoping to start a 12 team H2H Keeper league through Yahoo! I would be happy to be the commissioner and handle collection of entry fees and any disputes that arise during the season. That said, I have never done a fantasy league with other cafe members who can state I am an honest person who won't short change owners. That said, I'd be happy to run a league if someone with a good track record would be willing to handle collection of league dues. I think $25 would be a good starting entry fee, with the hopes of increasing that after owners become familiar with and trust each other.

The league stat categories would be larger then the standard 5x5.
The offensive categories will be as follows: R's, HR's, RBI, SB, BA, Doubles, Triples, BB, K's, OPS
The pitching categories will be as follows: W's, L's, SV's, HLD's, Hits, HR's, BB's, K's, ERA, WHIP

That would make it an 10x10 league

The reason for the additions are two fold. Categories such as K's for hitters and L's, Hits, HR's, BB's for pitchers discourage streaming in high volume. Certainly streaming can be used, but there are now repercussions for it that would have to be weighed by owners. I also think adding stat categories gives deeper thinking owners a greater advantage and makes a league more challenging then standard 5x5's.

The lineups would be as follows:
C, 1B, 2B, SS, 3B, IF, LF, CF, RF, OF, UTIL, UTIL

SP, SP, SP, RP, RP, P, P, P, P

5 bench spots

2 DL slots

I would also like to incorporate a minor league system of sorts, with each team allowed to hold the rights to 3 hitters and 3 pitchers who have not yet played a game or pitched an inning in the bigs. The draft order would follow in the opposite order of the regular player draft, allowing the team that picked last in the draft to pick first in the minor league player draft. The owner who picked first in the minor league draft would also still hold the top waiver priority. The minor league portion of the draft would have to be held on the fantasy cafe website unless Yahoo! drastically expands it's player pool. If Yahoo! does expand it's player pool, 6 roster spots could be added as bench spots only to house that teams minor league players, and the minor league draft could take place in the final 6 rounds of the draft.

The draft will be an online live draft, and the order will be snake style and determined randomly. Each team will be allowed to keep 10 players that correspond with the round they were drafted in. Therefore, any owner keeping a player selected in the first round will forfeit that following years first round pick. In the event a team acquires a player through trade that shares the same draft round as another of their keepers they will relinquish a draft pick for the next highest round (For example, if a team acquires a player drafted in the 10th round, and already has a keeper they intend on keeping that they selected in the 10th round, they will forfeit their 9th round selection. If a team owns two players selected in the 1st round, and keep both players, they will be forced to lose the highest round selection they hold in the following year's draft.).
Each team will also be allowed to retain 1 minor league hitter and 1 pitcher going into the following year. In order to qualify to be kept that player has to have not played in a major league game yet.

A player can be held as a minor leaguer during the season so long as to have not been activated and started in a fantasy matchup (similar to a player on the DL, they can remain there until inserted into the fantasy lineup). Once a player is started in a fantasy matchup, the owner is required to cut an active player and has the option to add a new minor league player to their farm system.

Anyone interested in starting a new and exciting H2H fantasy league through Yahoo! with these settings please PM me, or e-mail me at JoshShep50@yahoo.com Also get ahold of me with any questions. Also, if anyone is willing to be in charge of collecting fees please get ahold of me. Once again, I'd be willing to collect fees myself, but have never done fantasy league with other cafe members to prove my honesty.
Image]
B-Chad
General Manager
General Manager

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Hoping to start a new 12 Team H2H Keeper league $25

Postby Neato Torpedo » Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:43 pm

Assuming the minor league thing (maybe change it to <120 AB/40 IP) is workable, I am so in. This is gonna be a refreshing change from my jackass yearly league with my so-called "friends". :-b

Rocinante2: you know
Rocinante2: its easy to dismiss the orioles as a bad team
ofanrex: go on
Rocinante2: i'm done
Rocinante2: lmao

Play Brushback Baseball! (we need more people)
Neato Torpedo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerWeb Supporter

Postby B-Chad » Sat Nov 01, 2008 9:56 pm

Definitely workable, open to suggestions for sure. Glad to see some interest.
Image]
B-Chad
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Oriole Way » Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:52 am

Any chance of making it a roto league?
Oriole Way
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby B-Chad » Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:26 pm

Not particularly interested in making it a roto-league, that said, if I'm unable to garner enough interest to get 12 teams in the H-2-H format, I would consider posting the league as a roto league in classifieds. Once again though, I'd much rather do H2H.
Image]
B-Chad
General Manager
General Manager

Return to Classifieds