Creating a keeper league - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Creating a keeper league

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Creating a keeper league

Postby MasterX1918 » Fri Sep 26, 2008 6:50 pm

Members of my Yahoo! league have expressed interest in turning my league into a keeper league. How do I go about doing this? I understand what a keeper league is so you don't have to explain that aspect to me, I just want to know how I transform my league into a keeper league. My guess is that I set the draft to offline draft, but then how do we go about drafting the other players?
MasterX1918
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 4)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Creating a keeper league

Postby ickpoc » Sun Sep 28, 2008 3:33 am

When you change the format of a league, you should redraft the league.

-Paul
ickpoc
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby MasterX1918 » Sun Sep 28, 2008 4:08 pm

ickpoc wrote:When you change the format of a league, you should redraft the league.

-Paul

fair enough. Even though, how do I make it a keeper league? Will Yahoo have special settings for keeper leagues next season?
MasterX1918
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker

Postby shuhead24 » Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:35 am

Yahoo has a setting under Commissioner Tools called "Edit Pre-Drft Selections". This will allow you to choose keepers for each team. The only drawback is each team has to have the same amount of keepers. This option will pull these players from the draft pool and place them on teams.
shuhead24
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby MasterX1918 » Thu Oct 02, 2008 4:17 pm

we've decided each team will get to keep 5 players. I'm also thinking about giving teams the option to keep players who are free agents (Eric Bedard, for example). nobody im my league seems to have a problem with an offline draft, but is that the only option we have?
MasterX1918
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker

Postby RedSoxNation04 » Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:27 pm

MasterX1918 wrote:we've decided each team will get to keep 5 players. I'm also thinking about giving teams the option to keep players who are free agents (Eric Bedard, for example). nobody im my league seems to have a problem with an offline draft, but is that the only option we have?

I've had the same issues as we are transitioning our redraft league to a keeper for '09. I emailed Yahoo about keeper functionality and as of right now their answers have been very limiting. They said they are in the process of adding some options for keeper leagues but as of right now what shuhead said in his post is about all there is. You can have players placed on each team prior to the draft but each team does need to have the same amount of players kept. Possibly this is something Yahoo is looking into?

For our league, we are using Yahoo this coming year since it will be the first year of the keeper but depending on the keeper options in place at the end of the year, we may switch to CBS (which, I'm hearing, has more to offer in this case) or try to do it offline for 2010 when each team will now have keepers in place.

Good luck!
RedSoxNation04
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Postby fast dogs » Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:41 am

Is the CBS commish product not an option? your league page never changes, you have zillions of options as commish. they have totally left yahoo in the dust for keeper leagues.
fast dogs
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicResponse TeamMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 303)

Postby RedSoxNation04 » Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:51 am

fast dogs wrote:Is the CBS commish product not an option? your league page never changes, you have zillions of options as commish. they have totally left yahoo in the dust for keeper leagues.

I've heard CBS has better keeper functionality but I have no experience with it myself as I've always played Yahoo.
RedSoxNation04
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Return to Commissioner's Corner