yahoo IP limit - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

yahoo IP limit

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

yahoo IP limit

Postby SpecialFNK » Fri Sep 26, 2008 2:17 pm

how does the yahoo IP limit work when your getting close to your limit?
i have 20.1 IP left for the season.
i have 3 starters still to pitch..
Lowe (tonight SF)
Santana (sunday FLR)
Sabathia (sunday CHC)
i also have 2 closers i would have in my lineup (Nathan/Qualls) but i dont think the guy behind me can catch me in saves and i cant catch the guy ahead of me in saves.. so i could simply sit those 2 with my other closers that wont see any more action (Ayala/Marmol/Francisco/Sherrill)
what happens if on the final day someone is close to the limit? lets say i have my 2 starters with say 10 IP left.. does yahoo take the first 10 IP between the 2 of them? say Sabathia goes 8 and Santana goes 7 thats 15, but would yahoo take the 1st 10 IP for whoever pitches them first? or does it work another way?

are both Santana and Sabathia for sure starters on sunday?
SpecialFNK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 83)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: yahoo IP limit

Postby Fantasy Sports Genie » Fri Sep 26, 2008 2:20 pm

SpecialFNK wrote:how does the yahoo IP limit work when your getting close to your limit?
i have 20.1 IP left for the season.
i have 3 starters still to pitch..
Lowe (tonight SF)
Santana (sunday FLR)
Sabathia (sunday CHC)
i also have 2 closers i would have in my lineup (Nathan/Qualls) but i dont think the guy behind me can catch me in saves and i cant catch the guy ahead of me in saves.. so i could simply sit those 2 with my other closers that wont see any more action (Ayala/Marmol/Francisco/Sherrill)
what happens if on the final day someone is close to the limit? lets say i have my 2 starters with say 10 IP left.. does yahoo take the first 10 IP between the 2 of them? say Sabathia goes 8 and Santana goes 7 thats 15, but would yahoo take the 1st 10 IP for whoever pitches them first? or does it work another way?

are both Santana and Sabathia for sure starters on sunday?

If you go into a day having only 0.1 IP left in your quota, and you manage to pitch 75 IP, you get all 75. I know this is how we work; I think it is how all the larger providers work. Rather than try to come up with a difficult to enforce consistent rule on how we'd choose which inning you would get, we instead document something we can treat consistently and predictably across all owners.

Hope this helps.
Fantasy Sports Genie
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 52)

Postby GiantsFan14 » Fri Sep 26, 2008 2:30 pm

wow, this is really good to know, i kinda assumed any innings thrown over the maximum wouldnt count.

is this the same for OF games played? if i have 1 game left going into sunday do all 3 starters games count?
Last edited by GiantsFan14 on Fri Sep 26, 2008 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 427)

Postby Bloody Sox » Fri Sep 26, 2008 2:33 pm

GiantsFan14 wrote:wow, this is really good to know, i kinda assuming any innings thrown over the maximum wouldnt count.

is this the same for OF games played? if i have 1 game left going into sunday do all 3 starters games count?

Yes - it is. You'll get credit for all 3 OF games in Yahoo. I think CBS has a limitation on the offensive players, but I forget how they implement it.
"The government cannot give to anyone anything that it does not first take from someone else"
Bloody Sox
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 18)

Postby SpecialFNK » Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:03 pm

this is seriously the way it works?
so for say offensive players. i have 4 OF spots with 9 games remaining. if i play 4 tonight and 4 tomarrow leaving me with only 1 game limit left on sunday, i can then play 4 OF on sunday even though i only have 1 game remaining and get the stats for all 4 players on that day?
SpecialFNK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby Old_Style » Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:59 pm

SpecialFNK wrote:this is seriously the way it works?
so for say offensive players. i have 4 OF spots with 9 games remaining. if i play 4 tonight and 4 tomarrow leaving me with only 1 game limit left on sunday, i can then play 4 OF on sunday even though i only have 1 game remaining and get the stats for all 4 players on that day?

You are correct sir.
Old_Style
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Bloody Sox » Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:04 pm

Old_Style wrote:

You are correct sir.

In Yahoo - yes. Otherwise, it is very difficult to know which of the 4 OF stats they should use - you could base it off the one whose game starts first, but what if they all start at 1:05? So Yahoo simply avoids the controversy and complexity and implements the easiest solution.

I'm fairly certain CBS does something different with offensive games played (which I should look up, since it affects me).
"The government cannot give to anyone anything that it does not first take from someone else"
Bloody Sox
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 18)

Postby markj11 » Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:47 pm

The good ole hail marry.
I ain't askin' nobody for nothin, If I can't get it on my own. - Charlie Daniels
markj11
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Fantasy Sports Genie » Fri Sep 26, 2008 6:32 pm

Bloody Sox wrote:
Old_Style wrote:

You are correct sir.

In Yahoo - yes. Otherwise, it is very difficult to know which of the 4 OF stats they should use - you could base it off the one whose game starts first, but what if they all start at 1:05? So Yahoo simply avoids the controversy and complexity and implements the easiest solution.

I'm fairly certain CBS does something different with offensive games played (which I should look up, since it affects me).

Yup. And what if two games were scheduled to start at 1:05, but one was rain delayed. Or you had 6 innings left, and your pitcher who pitched first got hung up in a rain delay after 3 innings. Or if we get inaccurate real-time data about when a game is starting. etc. etc.

We *could* in theory add some sort of interface to let you prioritize guys at a position. But that would probably confuse tons of users, and only really matter for the last bit of the season. As is, the current solution applies equally to all teams and thus does not favor any team.
Fantasy Sports Genie
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 52)

Postby SpecialFNK » Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:21 pm

i love this news.
ive been trying to figure out what OF to play in the remaining games left, but i can play 4 tonight, 4 tomarrow, and then another 4 on sunday eventhough ill only have 1 spot left.. and those extra 3 OF might be able to help me get 1st cause im close in HR/RBI/SB and only .5 out of 1st place.
SpecialFNK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers