What happens with make up games after Sunday? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

What happens with make up games after Sunday?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

What happens with make up games after Sunday?

Postby Slow Pitch » Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:16 pm

If you are in a roto league do you count the games after Sunday?

There is a very good chance the Mets/Cubs will have to make up tomorrow's game (heavy rain) could be made up on Monday...

We have weekly line ups. I dont think these games, if any, should count but looking for others opinions.
Slow Pitch
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: What happens with make up games after Sunday?

Postby BitterDodgerFan » Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:33 am

i think yahoo counts extra games like these. might be time to load up for monday. :-/
BitterDodgerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby BitterDodgerFan » Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:34 am

actually i'm not sure if yahoo counts games past sunday. did last year's SD/COL 1gm playoff count in roto or h2h?
BitterDodgerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Rollotommasi » Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:37 am

BitterDodgerFan wrote:actually i'm not sure if yahoo counts games past sunday. did last year's SD/COL 1gm playoff count in roto or h2h?

H2H no
Rollotommasi
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby BitterDodgerFan » Thu Sep 25, 2008 6:16 am

actually i think it's a different case with make up games and 1 game playoffs. i think make up games that go past the last day of season count. but i'm not sure.
BitterDodgerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Bloody Sox » Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:46 am

BitterDodgerFan wrote:actually i'm not sure if yahoo counts games past sunday. did last year's SD/COL 1gm playoff count in roto or h2h?

CBS last year counted the one game playoff in the roto stats - I almost lost the championship because of it as the second place guy loaded up on players in that game.

I do think that any and all regular season makeup games should count in roto, but not playoff games.

On a similar note... there's a chance the Red Sox - Yankees games on Friday and Saturday could be rained out. If they make one of those up in a doubleheader on Sunday, I wonder if they'd bother with the other on Monday since the game would be meaningless. How do they usually handle that?
"The government cannot give to anyone anything that it does not first take from someone else"
Bloody Sox
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 18)

Postby Slow Pitch » Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:52 am

The Mets could be rained out 4 straight games.

The Phillies could be rained out the 3.

The problem w/ allowing make up games is while the Phils/Mets will play those the O's who could be likely rained out as well wont.
Slow Pitch
General Manager
General Manager

Postby BronXBombers51 » Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:02 am

Bloody Sox wrote:

CBS last year counted the one game playoff in the roto stats - I almost lost the championship because of it as the second place guy loaded up on players in that game.

I do think that any and all regular season makeup games should count in roto, but not playoff games.

On a similar note... there's a chance the Red Sox - Yankees games on Friday and Saturday could be rained out. If they make one of those up in a doubleheader on Sunday, I wonder if they'd bother with the other on Monday since the game would be meaningless. How do they usually handle that?

The only thing really riding on the series is Boston's chance of winning the East. If that chance is eliminated, they probably won't make up the game. If there's still a chance, I think Boston gets to decide whether or not they want to play the game.
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 54)

Postby Nerfherders » Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:21 am

I think there's already a White Sox game that will have to be made up if they are within a half game of the Twins. Not sure who it is against
They wont bother making up the games if they wont matter to the playoffs. Obviously, if the Mets or Red Sox get rained out it might. And theres also the possibility of a 1-game playoff between the Brewers and Mets. It could get ugly.

Regardless of what Yahoo does I might, as commish, allow those games to count and add on to the standings manually. It seems only fair that all 30x162 games count if they are played. I find it funny that nobody seems to know, or even seems to remember what happened last year.
Nerfherders
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Cafe Writer
(Past Year: 4)

Postby Slow Pitch » Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:31 pm

Nerfherders wrote:I think there's already a White Sox game that will have to be made up if they are within a half game of the Twins. Not sure who it is against
They wont bother making up the games if they wont matter to the playoffs. Obviously, if the Mets or Red Sox get rained out it might. And theres also the possibility of a 1-game playoff between the Brewers and Mets. It could get ugly.

Regardless of what Yahoo does I might, as commish, allow those games to count and add on to the standings manually. It seems only fair that all 30x162 games count if they are played. I find it funny that nobody seems to know, or even seems to remember what happened last year.

I think its completely unfair to allow those games.

Why should teams w/ Mets/Phillies/White Sox etc get to make up their rained out games, but those w/ Yankees, O's, Red Sox (when TB clinches today) Nats, etc dont get to make the games to get to 162?

Season should end Sunday no matter what....that is fairest route. You cant have some teams benefit by certain teams making up games while others dont get the same benefit.
Slow Pitch
General Manager
General Manager

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers