Without baseball, what you playing this winter? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Without baseball, what you playing this winter?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Without baseball, what you playing this winter?

Postby sportsguy138 » Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:56 pm

The Artful Dodger wrote:
sportsguy138 wrote:Hockey. :-D

The Artful Dodger wrote:I'll probably be catching up on video games. So far, I got the Madden 09 game (haven't bought one in 5 years) and I'm currently playing Assassin's Creed (again, I'm a bit behind).

For fantasy sports, I'm trying to catch up on fantasy football and I'm just playing for fun, not caring about winning. I didn't play last year and I didn't bother studying for the 3rd year in a row. So, I'm playing it by ear. I'm taking up fantasy basketball again and I've only played a couple of seasons before that. I'll probably spend most of my time in fantasy soccer, which means a marathon that will last me well into May.

NHL 09 is solid.

I actually have a few NHL games from EA Sports as well, not 09, but I do have a few of them (forget the years). They're very solid games. ;-D

Surprising. Didn't think any Americans liked hockey. :-b

09 is definitely better than past years. The new be a pro mode is pretty cool and game play is more realistic as well. I suggest you try it out. ;-D
sportsguy138
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 388)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby abrage22 » Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:58 pm

sounds like its time to ditch my nhl 03 !+)
abrage22
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby The Artful Dodger » Sun Sep 28, 2008 12:04 am

sportsguy138 wrote:
The Artful Dodger wrote:
sportsguy138 wrote:NHL 09 is solid.

I actually have a few NHL games from EA Sports as well, not 09, but I do have a few of them (forget the years). They're very solid games. ;-D

Surprising. Didn't think any Americans liked hockey. :-b

09 is definitely better than past years. The new be a pro mode is pretty cool and game play is more realistic as well. I suggest you try it out. ;-D

I used to play hockey as a teenager, but it was a fad, like pogs. This was shortly after Wayne Gretzky led the Kings to the Stanley Cup final and the spillover of it was kids becoming interested in playing hockey, only for a short while. It's not like we don't have good hockey facilities in L.A. (we actually do), but they're few and far between usually.

It's kinda like the Old Cafe - http://fbc2.freeforums.net
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 670)

Postby The_Show » Sun Sep 28, 2008 12:10 am

Fantasy Cricket :-D

j/k I'm not even sure which Cricket League plays in the winter. I know the Australian and British play in summer, but if I recall there are some that play in the winter.

Seriously, I won't be partaking in any fantasy leagues. I used to be into Fantasy Football, but haven't been in a league for 3 years.
The_Show
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafeholicGraphics ExpertWeb Supporter

Postby AussieDodger » Sun Sep 28, 2008 12:26 am

The_Show wrote:Fantasy Cricket :-D

j/k I'm not even sure which Cricket League plays in the winter. I know the Australian and British play in summer, but if I recall there are some that play in the winter.

Seriously, I won't be partaking in any fantasy leagues. I used to be into Fantasy Football, but haven't been in a league for 3 years.

wat :-S
ATTENTION LONG-TIMERS! NEW FBC: http://fbc2.freeforums.net/
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 25)

Postby The_Show » Sun Sep 28, 2008 12:50 am

AussieDodger wrote:
The_Show wrote:Fantasy Cricket :-D

wat :-S

What? Never heard of Fantasy Cricket? :-b
http://www.warofcricket.com/WarofCricket/index.jsp

Hell, they have Fantasy Curling
http://www.curlingzone.com/forums/fantasy/index.php

Anyone up for starting a league? ;-7
The_Show
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafeholicGraphics ExpertWeb Supporter

Postby The Artful Dodger » Sun Sep 28, 2008 1:56 pm

I've heard of fantasy cricket and I think a few sites handle it (i.e. Sky Sports, London Times). Cricket is much more fun to play than it is to watch. The only time I really pay serious attention to the game is when The Ashes roll around.

The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby RedHopeful » Mon Sep 29, 2008 3:24 pm

Only 2 votes for basketball?? 8-o Come on guys, you're into long seasons so I know football can't be all that exciting. :-b

Seriously, not that many of you guys participate in other fantasy sports? How about together? Over on the basketball side, we're in both a baseball/football leagues during the off-season.
RedHopeful
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicBasketball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 84)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby The Artful Dodger » Mon Sep 29, 2008 5:56 pm

RedHopeful wrote:Only 2 votes for basketball?? 8-o Come on guys, you're into long seasons so I know football can't be all that exciting. :-b

Seriously, not that many of you guys participate in other fantasy sports? How about together? Over on the basketball side, we're in both a baseball/football leagues during the off-season.

I'm getting into fantasy basketball this year even though I haven't played it in a few years. I think I'm more knowledgeable about basketball, but I'd much rather play the game and follow it as a fan.

The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

Postby abrage22 » Mon Sep 29, 2008 7:02 pm

i always join some basketball leagues ;-D
abrage22
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk