Without baseball, what you playing this winter? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Without baseball, what you playing this winter?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Without baseball, what you playing this winter?

Postby Yoda » Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:07 pm

KCollins1304 wrote:
AussieDodger wrote:Image

Did they finally release the NES down under? Sweet for you guys.

AD likes them pixelated.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby AussieDodger » Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:13 pm

Ken sent me.

:-S
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 19)

Postby abrage22 » Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:14 pm

J35J wrote:
jake_harv88 wrote:dude its pretty obvious...

I'm doing my rankings for next year ;-D

;-D I'm actually counting down the days for the end of the regular season....can't wait to start on my spreadsheet.

yes and i can't wait to look at it and use it :-D it helps alot man
abrage22
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby The Artful Dodger » Thu Sep 25, 2008 1:17 am

I'll probably be catching up on video games. So far, I got the Madden 09 game (haven't bought one in 5 years) and I'm currently playing Assassin's Creed (again, I'm a bit behind).

For fantasy sports, I'm trying to catch up on fantasy football and I'm just playing for fun, not caring about winning. I didn't play last year and I didn't bother studying for the 3rd year in a row. So, I'm playing it by ear. I'm taking up fantasy basketball again and I've only played a couple of seasons before that. I'll probably spend most of my time in fantasy soccer, which means a marathon that will last me well into May.
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 671)

Postby jfg » Thu Sep 25, 2008 1:58 am

Not like my world disappears when fantasy baseball starts but I rented Lego Batman today and I'm having fun with that. When fantasy baseball is over I start looking at the awards races... Can Morneau win it again this year? I think Mauer is the Twins MVP... and then once those are over (and the playoffs) I stop thinking about baseball until free agency begins. Plus, I'm a big basketball fan. I've never been in a money league for fantasy basketball but I think the NBA is a close second to the MLB for sports I really am engaged by. I like fantasy football enough but I think if the Vikings weren't in Minnesota I'd stop paying attention to football altogether.
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 85)

Postby dclark0699 » Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:56 am

jfg wrote:Not like my world disappears when fantasy baseball starts but I rented Lego Batman today and I'm having fun with that. When fantasy baseball is over I start looking at the awards races... Can Morneau win it again this year? I think Mauer is the Twins MVP... and then once those are over (and the playoffs) I stop thinking about baseball until free agency begins. Plus, I'm a big basketball fan. I've never been in a money league for fantasy basketball but I think the NBA is a close second to the MLB for sports I really am engaged by. I like fantasy football enough but I think if the Vikings weren't in Minnesota I'd stop paying attention to football altogether.

I'd argue Mauer was the Twins MVP when Morneau won it the first time - so he just might get it again.
dclark0699
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Dan Lambskin » Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:00 am

Fantasy Football and Fantasy Hockey
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Neato Torpedo » Sat Sep 27, 2008 11:52 am

Gonna get laid, day in and day out, between making spreadsheets. B-)

But seriously..... :-/

Rocinante2: you know
Rocinante2: its easy to dismiss the orioles as a bad team
ofanrex: go on
Rocinante2: i'm done
Rocinante2: lmao

Play Brushback Baseball! (we need more people)
Neato Torpedo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerWeb Supporter

Postby sportsguy138 » Sat Sep 27, 2008 3:42 pm

Hockey. :-D

The Artful Dodger wrote:I'll probably be catching up on video games. So far, I got the Madden 09 game (haven't bought one in 5 years) and I'm currently playing Assassin's Creed (again, I'm a bit behind).

For fantasy sports, I'm trying to catch up on fantasy football and I'm just playing for fun, not caring about winning. I didn't play last year and I didn't bother studying for the 3rd year in a row. So, I'm playing it by ear. I'm taking up fantasy basketball again and I've only played a couple of seasons before that. I'll probably spend most of my time in fantasy soccer, which means a marathon that will last me well into May.

NHL 09 is solid.
sportsguy138
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 403)

Postby The Artful Dodger » Sat Sep 27, 2008 7:11 pm

sportsguy138 wrote:Hockey. :-D

The Artful Dodger wrote:I'll probably be catching up on video games. So far, I got the Madden 09 game (haven't bought one in 5 years) and I'm currently playing Assassin's Creed (again, I'm a bit behind).

NHL 09 is solid.

I actually have a few NHL games from EA Sports as well, not 09, but I do have a few of them (forget the years). They're very solid games. ;-D
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 671)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk