How far have you fallen from first in the final week? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

How far have you fallen from first in the final week?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

How far have you fallen from first in the final week?

Postby Nerfherders » Wed Sep 24, 2008 3:24 pm

It's looking like a disaster for me right now.

The league is a three-tiered system where there is one 'majors' league at the top, two AAA leagues in the middle, and two AA leagues at the bottom. You move from one level to the other depending on how well you do. The leagues are 16-team rotos with OBP and SLG instead of AVG and HR.

I am in one of the middle-tier AAA leagues this year, and from about the middle of August on I have been 4th place or better, which would qualify me for the majors league next season. I had a four point lead for first last Thursday, one point lead last Saturday, which I lost Sunday, and yesterday I went from 3rd to 5th. Thats 5 spots in 3 days and I am 8 points out of first. The league is so volatile that the placements change wildly, but still I figured with a 4 point lead on the league with 10 days to play I had my ticket stamped for next season.

Wondering if anyone else has had meltdowns like this in the final week. Where they went from 1st to 4th or worse. Tell us your stories!
Nerfherders
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Cafe Writer
(Past Year: 4)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: How far have you fallen from first in the final week?

Postby MasterX1918 » Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:18 pm

I was in first place all season long, and now because of the playoffs i'm fighting for 3rd place. It's very aggravating :-C
MasterX1918
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker

Postby Nemyar » Wed Sep 24, 2008 7:43 pm

Well. I was in first most of the year, then around 6 weeks ago a guy surged past me and built up a lead that was occasionally as big as 10 points. Now, somehow, I'm up by 14 and it looks like I've run away with it. I didn't think such big lead changes could happen this late in the year in a 10 team roto, but we're neck and neck in a lot of categories and a bunch of his guys got injured recently.
Nemyar
College Coach
College Coach

Postby smoovethug » Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:28 am

H2H ftw. O:-)

Hal·la·day, n. 1. every fifth day in Philadelphia. 2. a day of rest for the bullpen. 3. innings eater. 4. doc. 5. ace.
smoovethug
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 23)

Postby Bloody Sox » Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:55 am

I had a 16 point lead at one point about three weeks ago, which fell to 7 going into Monday, and then fell to 3 going into Tuesday.

While watching live stats on Tuesday, I lost the lead for a brief moment and less than 10 minutes later I was leading by 6 points again. We are now tied going into the last four days.

We have 4 teams leading the pack in WHIP at 1.26, separated by percentage points.
We have 4 teams fighting for second in ERA all at 3.66, separated by percentage points.

Me and the other guy are both in the above packs for ERA and WHIP, we are tied in wins, I lead him by 1 HR, and I lead him by 2 runs.

It is unbelievably close.
"The government cannot give to anyone anything that it does not first take from someone else"
Bloody Sox
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 18)

Postby markj11 » Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:31 am

I was so close last week, my whip was at 1.27 and if I got it down 1 point I would have gained 2.5 points and moved into first. Brett Myers last two outings moved my whip up to 1.30 and I have lost 5 points just in whip and moved into 3rd.
I ain't askin' nobody for nothin, If I can't get it on my own. - Charlie Daniels
markj11
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby markj11 » Thu Sep 25, 2008 1:07 pm

Also doesn't help that I have 1 HR and 2 2B so far this week in an OPS league.
I ain't askin' nobody for nothin, If I can't get it on my own. - Charlie Daniels
markj11
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby markj11 » Thu Sep 25, 2008 1:09 pm

Nemyar wrote:Well. I was in first most of the year, then around 6 weeks ago a guy surged past me and built up a lead that was occasionally as big as 10 points. Now, somehow, I'm up by 14 and it looks like I've run away with it. I didn't think such big lead changes could happen this late in the year in a 10 team roto, but we're neck and neck in a lot of categories and a bunch of his guys got injured recently.

Wow, you have really fallen this last week.
markj11
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Nerfherders » Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:00 am

I managed to salvage 4th place on the last day by throwing random pitchers (+Sabathia) out there with my 3 IP left. Looks like I will be moving on up next year!
Nerfherders
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Cafe Writer

Postby zepfan » Mon Sep 29, 2008 1:10 pm

I was in first for most of the season and up by about ten points with a week and a half left in the KMDL before suffering an epic collapse that allowed jfg to take first with three days left in the season. :~( Normally I would happy with second but this one hurts. !+)

"My cat's breath smells like cat food." - R. Wiggum
zepfan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 5)

Return to Baseball Leftovers