Mafia V: Day 4 - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Mafia V: Day 4

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Mafia V: Day 4

Postby Big Pimpin » Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:03 pm

As the town awakens on Day 4, the townies may have their first break. They first discover that bleach, the town doctor, was shot in the butt and left for dead sometime during the night. However, it appears that a mafia member was slain after the kill of bleach. Snakes Gould had apparently come home and was celebrating the death of the doctor with a fifth of whiskey and an eight ball when he was surprised by an intruder. After a struggle, Snakes was killed and cut into roughly 30 pieces.

Six people are left. Four votes are needed for a lynching.
Big Pimpin
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 4)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Mafia V: Day 4

Postby Simulacrum » Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:20 pm

And to think that Mr. Gould got so upset with me when I brought up his name as mafia. ;-7 Thank god at least ONE of them is finally dead. Disappointing to lose Bleach, our town doctor, but I was starting to become extremely suspicious of bleach anyway.

So that leaves us with-

3 townies
2 mafia members
1 ISK

Time to start investigating SG's behavior to see who his co-conspirators are.
2008 Cafeholics Pond Scum Champion
Future Champion of 2009 Cafeholics Masters
Simulacrum
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Chief Pixel PusherCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter

Postby StlSluggers » Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:42 pm

Wow... Pretty eventful evening. Getting a mafioso and losing our doc is like taking one step forward and one step back.

I'm confused about whether I should be happy or not. :-[
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Postby StlSluggers » Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:43 pm

Are you going to get Snakes' posts, Sim? If so, I'll save myself the risk of getting busted at work. :-B
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Postby Simulacrum » Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:51 pm

StlSluggers wrote:Are you going to get Snakes' posts, Sim? If so, I'll save myself the risk of getting busted at work. :-B

You would trust me to gather up SG's posts and present them to you without doctoring them? I'm afraid I wouldn't be able to trust anyone in the game to do that at this point. :-b

I will read over SG's posts myself and make my own decisions. It is more likely that each of you is my enemy than my friend at this point, so I think I am better off lone wolfing it. No offense I hope JT.
Simulacrum
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Chief Pixel PusherCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter

Postby StlSluggers » Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:55 pm

I would think that anyone that posted a modified post would be caught pretty quick. :-?
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Simulacrum » Tue Sep 23, 2008 3:13 pm

StlSluggers wrote:Would someone like to sleep with my wife? Please? :-?

You're probably right JT, but I'll bet sometimes a few small edits slip through the cracks. :-°
Simulacrum
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Mookie4ever » Tue Sep 23, 2008 3:26 pm

How are you still alive Sim?

Simulacrum wrote:
StlSluggers wrote:Would someone like to sleep with my wife? Please? :-?

You're probably right JT, but I'll bet sometimes a few small edits slip through the cracks. :-°

Slip through the cracks - HA
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 280)

Postby wake » Tue Sep 23, 2008 3:38 pm

I didn't come up with much after a quick scan of Snake's posts. The problem is that he was never really accused by anyone in this game.

Here's one post I noticed though-

Snakes Gould wrote:bleach really needs to change his vote for inunchuk. theres no feasible way he is mafia or the isk. its a wasted vote.

I don't think Snakes would bother defending Inuk when he wasn't in any danger of being voted off. He's experienced enough not to blatantly defend a teammate unless it's needed.

The only person who was really accusing Snakes during the game was jfg. As far as I could tell, no one else made any mention of Snakes being one of their main suspects. What's interesting about that is that the ISK absolutely had to kill one of the mafia last night. If he didn't, the mafia would've held a majority and won the game. Considering that, Snakes had to be the ISK's main mafia suspect. Since no one besides jfg ever suspected snakes, it would lead me to believe that jfg is our ISK.

The problem with that is even if we knew with absolute certainty who the ISK was, we'd have to leave them alive. The mafia win if the ISK is voted off today.

I also found Snake's final vote on day 3 to be interesting-

Snakes Gould wrote:ok, after reading all this, i have come to the conclusion that mookie OR sim, has to to be mafia right? this fight has lasted far too long. sim almost died during day 1 and got off the hook. i still dont know why everyone was so skeptical to knock him off. same with bleach. i am leaning toward sim being more mafia than mookie, but i think voting for sim right now is a lost cause. what else can we do ? we're definitely in the dark here and i dont have much else to go on. :-C

Vote: Mookie

It really seemed like Snakes was setting up Sim to take the fall on Day 4. As I mentioned a little before that post, that's usually the result of these two person feuds. If one is proven to be a townie, then everyone will quickly vote for the other person the next day. Ordinarily, the fact that Snakes seemed to be setting Sim up would lead me to believe that Sim is a townie. However, the one thing that bothers me about is that I've been Sim's biggest supporter, basically saying that I won't vote for him. If it was the mafia's plan to set up Sim, I wonder why I'm still alive instead of Bleach. Just some things to consider :-)
wake
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Simulacrum » Tue Sep 23, 2008 3:54 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:How are you still alive Sim?

Smarter townie than you? Better player? Or perhaps just more level-headed. :-)
Simulacrum
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Next

Return to General Talk