Mafia V: Night 3 - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Mafia V: Night 3

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Mafia V: Day 3

Postby Snakes Gould » Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:48 pm

yikes. what a day/night. im just getting back in from work. i have to review everything right now :-o :-°

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby wake » Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:54 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:Also why should we be looking for mafia more than isk? We kill the isk today and only one townie gets killed during the night. We lynch a mafia and there are still two left to kill at night; the baddies still get two shots at night. We need to kill all three mafia to stop them from killing.

First, as I mentioned earlier, I just think it's harder to find the ISK than the mafia. The ISK can, and probably should, play this game exactly like a regular townie (with a little more self-preservation). The mafia is the biggest threat to the ISK since they get to cast a vote and make a night kill while a townie just gets a vote. Therefore, the ISK is most likely playing this game like a regular townie in trying to dig up evidence for finding the mafia.

Secondly, if the ISK is trying to win, they should be on our side for this round. While I don't like having a second night kill out there, the ISK should at least be using theirs in an attempt to get the mafia. Right now, the ISK might be in a bigger hole than the town after failing to kill a mafia in 4 attempts (2 day votes and 2 night kills).

Finally, we're probably just in a better chance to win if we get one of the mafia tonight instead of the ISK. If we kill the ISK, we'll only be up 4-3 heading into tomorrow. If we kill one of the mafia, we'll be up 5-2-1 heading into tonight. There would be a chance we could lose two townies and only be up 3-2-1 on Day 3, but the mafia and ISK could also do some of our work for us in killing each other.
wake
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby wake » Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:00 pm

I still think JT's last post in Day 2 is the most incriminating evidence recently. I never like these two person fights in this game since it draws everyone to one side or the other to the exclusion of everyone else.

Vote: JT
wake
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Simulacrum » Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:02 pm

Fine Mookie, so I sound like an aww-shucks dumbass. Don't even consider the fact that I chose not to join the bandwagon calling for your death 3 pages back!

But I don't care, it makes sense that Mookie's suspicious of me. I'm suspicious of every single one of you! I can't even decide who to put my vote on. But please notice, Mookie, that I have again decided against randomly slapping my vote on you before shutting down for the night.
2008 Cafeholics Pond Scum Champion
Future Champion of 2009 Cafeholics Masters
Simulacrum
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Chief Pixel PusherCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter

Postby JTWood » Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:06 pm

wake wrote:Voting off a mafia or especially ISK would've been key for us on day 2. It would've made sense for him to reveal that information, especially with the doctor still around.

Also, It doesn't make much sense that he invesigated a mafia/ISK and kept it secret either. If he did, he would've been voting for them from the very start of day 2. Instead he switched his vote between jfg and Mookie at one point during the day.

I didn't notice anywhere that looked like he was defending Inuk.

Okay, I think the stress of the day had got to me. I read his posts very fast, and when he was talking to Inukchuk, he was talking about someone else. I thought he was talking about him. I definitely agree with you on that point.

If he outs himself and says someone's a mafia, he's dead that night guaranteed (I think). The doc can't save someone that's hit twice, can he? Obviously, that's not a problem if he investigated the ISK because we kill him that day. So, it's safe to assume that if he did find a bad guy, it's a mafioso.

And I do think it makes sense that he would vote for jfg and then unvote if he was trying to be more subtle. By unvoting jfg, he got to explain why jfg was innocent in a manner that seems like it needed to be brought up. idk... maybe I'm overthinking that part, but I think I would be pretty subtle if I were the investigator.
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby JTWood » Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:22 pm

I have so much to say, but I have a spouse demanding my "attention." }:-)

I'll be on in the morning.
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby bleach168 » Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:37 am

Sorry guys, still in the process of catching up. Work, MNF, and now Heroes. :-D
"And so he spoke, and so he spoke, that lord of Castamere. But now the rains weep o'er his hall, with no one there to hear." - The Rains of Castamere
bleach168
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 16)

Postby Snakes Gould » Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:23 am

ok, after reading all this, i have come to the conclusion that mookie OR sim, has to to be mafia right? this fight has lasted far too long. sim almost died during day 1 and got off the hook. i still dont know why everyone was so skeptical to knock him off. same with bleach. i am leaning toward sim being more mafia than mookie, but i think voting for sim right now is a lost cause. what else can we do ? we're definitely in the dark here and i dont have much else to go on. :-C

Vote: Mookie

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby bleach168 » Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:25 am

I was going to post my thoughts but in the process of doing a vote count,

Mookie 5 (jfg, JT, Inukchuk, The Show, Snakes)
Sim 1 (Mookie)
JT (Wake)

Mookie is dead. Night time.
"And so he spoke, and so he spoke, that lord of Castamere. But now the rains weep o'er his hall, with no one there to hear." - The Rains of Castamere
bleach168
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 16)

Postby Snakes Gould » Tue Sep 23, 2008 3:06 am

bleach168 wrote:I was going to post my thoughts but in the process of doing a vote count,

Mookie 5 (jfg, JT, Inukchuk, The Show, Snakes)
Sim 1 (Mookie)
JT (Wake)

Mookie is dead. Night time.

not that it changes my thinking but i thought i was the 4th, not the 5th on mookie?

SIGS!

Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk