Mafia V: Night 3 - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Mafia V: Night 3

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Mafia V: Night 3

Postby Big Pimpin » Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:16 pm

As the town awakens on Day 3, they find a gruesome sight. AussieDodger, the town investigator, has been killed. It appears that AD was gutted by a crazy person and left for dead. Interestingly enough, there is evidence that suggests an additional crew showed up shortly thereafter, and finished the job with a terrible pistol whipping.

There are nine remaining members of the town. Five votes needed for a lynching.
Big Pimpin
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Mafia V: Day 3

Postby StlSluggers » Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:28 pm

Well, that's a first. :-S %-6

Sorry you died twice, AD, but your death was a double benefit.

He saved a townie, and hopefully, he can kill a bad guy if he left us clues.

Time to read!
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 18)
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Postby wake » Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:43 pm

I'm almost positive Sim is a townie. He seemed genuinely annoyed that Teddy turned out be townie after Day 1, which the mafia or ISK wouldn't have had a problem with.

As for the mafia, I've been suspicious of Mookie, but JT's last post in Day 2 came off as really guilty to me.

JTWood wrote:I know I'm taking a chance, but I'm sticking with my new philosophy that jfg has played so poorly that he can't possibly be a bad guy in this game. I will place a vote tomorrow. I have been too busy today to rethink my three, new candidates.

At that point of the day, there was almost no chance anyone besides Teddy or maybe jfg would be voted off (Teddy had 5 votes, jfg had 3, no one else had more than 1). Also, JT had already said earlier that he thought jfg was innocent and that Teddy was one of his main suspects. Considering that, and how little new information had come up over the weekend, I don't see why he'd wait until the next day to cast his vote. In my opinion, it came off as mafia trying to avoid the suspicion of casting the final vote on a known townie.
wake
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby jfg » Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:44 pm

I guess this one is easy.

Vote: Mookie
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 169)

Postby StlSluggers » Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:44 pm

His posts from Day 2...

AussieDodger wrote:G'day chaps, checking in.

Poor Pimpin, he hasn't seen day 2 yet :-/ (And we were wrong, AGAIN X-I )

Looks like I have to go with my second choice, who is acting like a fruit loop.

Vote: jfg

AussieDodger wrote:
Mookie4ever wrote:So every single one of the dead townies at some point cast a vote for Sim.

As I have found in previous games, dead townies are not infallible mafia-sniffing-out dogs.
All your posts have attacked Sim, which isn't helping too much. It is rather suspicious. :-?

AussieDodger wrote:
Mookie4ever wrote:
AussieDodger wrote:
As I have found in previous games, dead townies are not infallible mafia-sniffing-out dogs.
All your posts have attacked Sim, which isn't helping too much. It is rather suspicious. :-?

I'm also saying that the mafia killed the 3 Bigs
BigHort
BigKen
BigPimpin

That takes a little wit and creativity. Obviously you are not on my list of mafia suspects, Aussie.

Oh really. You're being very unhelpful this game, and usually you provide something with that devious lawyer brain of yours.
It's even more of an alarm bell (to me at least) then jfg - who I'm starting to believe just doesn't know what he's doing/saying.

Unvote: jfg

AussieDodger wrote:
Mookie4ever wrote:I don't know how Sim, Jfg, Aussie, Wake can vote for me when I deliberately decided to not vote for BP and didn't deliver the killing blow when BP turned out to be a townie.

You're continuing your swiss cheese defence of yourself?

The old "I didn't vote for the dead townie" routine?

In the recent game where wake was mafia he didn't have a vote on either Inuchuk (who was fellow mafia, but still) or Bronx who died on days 1 and 2. That put up enough of a smoke screen to get him the W. So it's not like not being on the bandwagon means automatic innocence.

My belief that you are some sort of killer is up in the 90 %'s now. :-?

AussieDodger wrote:
Inukchuk wrote:
I'm actually pretty surprised no one likes my idea of why jfg might be a baddie. How do you forget that there's an isk?

I'm getting more and more certain that he's a townie. He's just having an awful game.
I'm nearly certain enough to put money on it.

Inukchuk wrote:Finally, I know this one's kind of out of left field, but Aussie's really under the radar right now (as he usually is, surprisingly). I have this weird theory that before game 1, he decided he'd always be quiet whether he was a townie or not. It might hurt him if he is innocent (and it did in game 1), but if he ever was mafia, he would really cruise. Not saying he's mafia, but I always keep him on my radar for that very reason. Or I could be an idiot.

That's some nice paranoia right there.
Are the government stealing your thoughts as well? :-D

AussieDodger wrote:So Teddles has 5, and 6 is required for a lynching?
I will review the 63904780634 pages and see if it fits that both Mookie and Teddy are killers.

I'm not that crazy about lynching people just for being quiet, so the answer might be no. :-S

I left out a couple conversational posts about his weekend activities.

He started with jfg and then dumped him for Mookie in a heartbeat. He then railed on the Mookster for the rest of the "day." I was starting to think that jfg wasn't mafia, and I think it's safe to say that he's not. Otherwise, AD wouldn't have gave him his blessing and stuck with the kill vote. Inukchuk seems to get his blessing, too, so I think he's not a candidate for a bad guy role, either. That leaves Mookie. He was on my list "yesterday," and now I feel good about it. AD really had him pegged. I'm betting the fight between him and Sim is a big farce, so...

...and you're next, Sim. You may be able to kill me tonight, but the numbers will work out. }:-)
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Postby jfg » Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:48 pm

The only problem I have is that he didn't start with Mookie. I wonder if he didn't find anything good out overnight other than a townie name. Unless he was trying to cover his tracks why didn't he vote Mookie from the beginning?
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby jfg » Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:49 pm

Sorry I didn't bold my vote:

jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby wake » Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:55 pm

StlSluggers wrote:He started with jfg and then dumped him for Mookie in a heartbeat. He then railed on the Mookster for the rest of the "day." I was starting to think that jfg wasn't mafia, and I think it's safe to say that he's not. Otherwise, AD wouldn't have gave him his blessing and stuck with the kill vote. Inukchuk seems to get his blessing, too, so I think he's not a candidate for a bad guy role, either. That leaves Mookie. He was on my list "yesterday," and now I feel good about it. AD really had him pegged. I'm betting the fight between him and Sim is a big farce, so...

...and you're next, Sim. You may be able to kill me tonight, but the numbers will work out. }:-)

I take it that Aussie didn't find the mafia or ISK night 1 or else he would've told us. Since it's more likely he investigated a townie, I like to try and look for who he might've defended during day 2. JFG is out since AD cast a vote for him during day 2 (though that only means Aussie didn't find he was a townie, not anything about jfg's role). Aussie didn't leave a whole lot of clues, but the only person I can see that he semi-defended was Sim. Since Aussie's main argument against Mookie was the fact that he was attacking Sim, there's a chance he knew Sim was a townie.

Of course, Aussie could've just as easily not mentioned anything about who he investigated or he could've investigated either hort or ken.
wake
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby StlSluggers » Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:59 pm

wake wrote:...JT's last post in Day 2 came off as really guilty to me.

JTWood wrote:I know I'm taking a chance, but I'm sticking with my new philosophy that jfg has played so poorly that he can't possibly be a bad guy in this game. I will place a vote tomorrow. I have been too busy today to rethink my three, new candidates.

At that point of the day, there was almost no chance anyone besides Teddy or maybe jfg would be voted off (Teddy had 5 votes, jfg had 3, no one else had more than 1). Also, JT had already said earlier that he thought jfg was innocent and that Teddy was one of his main suspects. Considering that, and how little new information had come up over the weekend, I don't see why he'd wait until the next day to cast his vote. In my opinion, it came off as mafia trying to avoid the suspicion of casting the final vote on a known townie.

Meh... That one's easy. I had church in the morning, and then I was out digging in my front yard through lunch and into the early afternoon, went and lifted for 90 minutes, then I went to a buddy's birthday picnic, and I finished the night coddling to my unhappy spouse. Yesterday was a long day, and I was in no mood to think hard about this game last night.

Then today hit... and the market tanked... and worked sucked (I'm still here :-P )... I spent most of the morning figuring out what to do with my investments (ask Rugby, we had a PM discussion) and fixing very important, very broken reports.
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby jfg » Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:01 pm

I kind of wish he would have revealed himself now. :-D Looks like I'm not playing such an awful game! Which I'm not... Well, I am, but no worse than anybody else. We have little to nothing to go on and we won't until we bring one mafioso down.
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Next

Return to General Talk