Pablo Sandoval? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Pablo Sandoval?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Pablo Sandoval?

Postby smoovethug » Sun Sep 21, 2008 4:45 pm

Not starting yesterday (PH appearance) and not in the lineup today either. Anything wrong with him? I can't afford these missed games int he championship, even from a hot hitter like himself.

Hal·la·day, n. 1. every fifth day in Philadelphia. 2. a day of rest for the bullpen. 3. innings eater. 4. doc. 5. ace.
smoovethug
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 23)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Pablo Sandoval?

Postby chargerss24 » Mon Sep 22, 2008 1:53 pm

Per CBS:

"According to The Sports Xchange notes: C/INF Pablo Sandoval has a sore left quadriceps, but he appeared as a pinch hitter Saturday and Sunday. He is expected to return to the lineup Tuesday when the Giants open their homestand against Colorado, manager Bruce Bochy said."
chargerss24
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 42)

Postby hawkeye2007 » Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:09 pm

How is he looking this year as a sleeper pick. is he playing full time either at 3B or C.
hawkeye2007
College Coach
College Coach

Postby kab21 » Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:13 pm

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/sfg ... y_id=35585

While I have no reason to doubt its accuracy, since special assistant Ron Schueler watched Crede's workout and provided a good report, I have been told the Giants are not counting on a deal with Crede and expect to move forward with Travis Ishikawa or John Bowker at first base and Pablo Sandoval at third, unless something else comes along. General manager Brian Sabean said Saturday he explored some trades last week that went nowhere.

He obviously won't be starting at catcher very often as long as Bengie is on the team. But it looks like he is likely to start at 3B unless someone else (Crede) is brought in. I've heard he's less than impressive on defense, but it could work out.
kab21
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 158)

Postby bbroydri » Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:10 pm

Is Pablo Sandoval going to play mainly 1B, 3B, or Catcher? Where will he hit in the lineup?
bbroydri
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby MotorCityKitties » Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:45 am

bbroydri wrote:Is Pablo Sandoval going to play mainly 1B, 3B, or Catcher? Where will he hit in the lineup?

I believe he will be playing mostly at 3rd.
MotorCityKitties
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Southpawo5 » Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:19 am

bbroydri wrote:Is Pablo Sandoval going to play mainly 1B, 3B, or Catcher? Where will he hit in the lineup?

He'll start off everyday at 3B, but I'm not sure if the giants can last with the defensive liability a combo of Sandoval/Renteria would present on the left side. If Ishikawa struggles, I think he may see more time at 1st. For fantasy purposes, I believe he will be catcher eligible this year for yahoo leagues.

I think he will be given every chance to win the 3 spot in the lineup. He received 70 PA's at that spot last year and even if he doesn't hit there, the Giants are so light hitting, I can't see him batting lower than 6th.
Southpawo5
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby bbroydri » Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:20 pm

I am aiming to snag him in the mid to late rounds because he has catcher eligibility. All i've read states he will be hitting 3rd infront of Bengie, so he should have a solid season, if not better than most catchers not named Mauer, Soto, and McCann. What is his floor/ceiling?

He hit .345 in limited action, does he have 20+ homer potential?
bbroydri
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby stcardinal » Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:06 pm

bbroydri wrote:I am aiming to snag him in the mid to late rounds because he has catcher eligibility. All i've read states he will be hitting 3rd infront of Bengie, so he should have a solid season, if not better than most catchers not named Mauer, Soto, and McCann. What is his floor/ceiling?

He hit .345 in limited action, does he have 20+ homer potential?

I think he's good for around 15 HRs and .280. I expect him to either ground out a lot of make solid hits.
stcardinal
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Real Deal » Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:48 am

im in a league where he is not catcher eligible. he will need to start only 5 games this year to gain that eligibilty.
what are the chances of him spot starting at catcher during the season? and how long do you think this will take for him to gain this eligibility?
im intrigued enough to take a chance, but i am having a hard time slotting him in my rankings.
Real Deal
College Coach
College Coach

Next

Return to Injuries & Player Updates