Fantasy Baseball Playoffs ??? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Fantasy Baseball Playoffs ???

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Fantasy Baseball Playoffs ???

Postby Persiflage » Fri Sep 19, 2008 1:20 pm

arrrggghhhh - is no one in the playoffs right now? I had 4 leagues and now I'm in 3 playoff finals (all three of which are really close matchups) I'm pouring over all my stats, trying to look at projections for next week, looking at upcoming schedules and probable pitchers ... and yet, ESPN, CBS, Yahoo and everyone and their mom are all just writing articles about 2009 rankings and sh**!

Hey, is there any of these "experts" who gives a d**m about the playoffs or did they all just lose in their leagues so they don't care anymore? Does anyone here know any good resources that are discussing pitching matchups and add/drops for next week?

Until CBS and ESPN provide something on frickin' Sunday afternoon, the only good daily resource I'm using at the moment is -

http://razzball.com/
Persiflage
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Fantasy Baseball Playoffs ???

Postby Old_Style » Fri Sep 19, 2008 1:29 pm

How about some good old fashioned, independent research? :-)
Old_Style
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Bloody Sox » Fri Sep 19, 2008 1:30 pm

Yahoo has been running a daily article, talking about good spot start options and other relevant topics.
http://sports.yahoo.com/fantasy/blog/roto_arcade/post/Closing-Time-Mad-Max-and-Winston-Wolf;_ylt=Av4NDg1eFMmzFVl79j3Gah5NC5kB?urn=fantasy,108990
"The government cannot give to anyone anything that it does not first take from someone else"
Bloody Sox
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 18)

Postby The Artful Dodger » Fri Sep 19, 2008 1:36 pm

ESPN actually has a decent Daily Notes column that runs everyday, including today.

It's kinda like the Old Cafe - http://fbc2.freeforums.net
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 674)

Postby Old_Style » Fri Sep 19, 2008 1:39 pm

I think he wants some insight on next weeks games.
Old_Style
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Persiflage » Sat Sep 20, 2008 3:14 am

Yeah, I actually do read the daily notes at Yahoo and ESPN - they're useful for the one league I'm in that has a daily roster.

But the other two leages (and most of the leagues my friends are in) have weekly lineups, I just thought there'd be more talk all about how to win the final and last week of fantasy baseball. Guess we just have to wait until Sunday. Meanwhile, there are some interesting discussions in the "Who to Start/Bench" part of the forums here.

It just annoys me that it seems like no one is writing for fantasy baseball playoff competitors. For now I've picked up Andre Ethier, Shin-Soo Choo, Jayson Werth, and Pablo Sandoval all to try and upgrade my offense the last couple weeks. I have Rich Harden, Edison Volquez, Ervin Santana & Todd Wellemeyer as 2-start pitchers for next week - but I'd just like to hear some discussion and projections about their upcoming matchups.

The ESPN daily notes are helpful and so is Razzball, but that's about it.
Persiflage
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby Neato Torpedo » Sat Sep 20, 2008 10:59 am

First you have to ask us the questions and then we'll answer them if there's any reliable info. You can't just expect us to write about the starting lineup and managerial habits of 30 different teams without any prompt. I also notice you haven't made a single topic in the start/bench forum. Try starting there. :-S

Rocinante2: you know
Rocinante2: its easy to dismiss the orioles as a bad team
ofanrex: go on
Rocinante2: i'm done
Rocinante2: lmao

Play Brushback Baseball! (we need more people)
Neato Torpedo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerWeb Supporter

Postby DbacksRback » Sat Sep 20, 2008 6:14 pm

Neato Torpedo wrote:First you have to ask us the questions and then we'll answer them if there's any reliable info. You can't just expect us to write about the starting lineup and managerial habits of 30 different teams without any prompt. I also notice you haven't made a single topic in the start/bench forum. Try starting there. :-S

I agree the more spacific...the better answers you will get

DbacksRback
General Manager
General Manager

Lucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 57)

Return to Baseball Leftovers