I have to be the unluckiest fantasy player - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

I have to be the unluckiest fantasy player

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

I have to be the unluckiest fantasy player

Postby shoelessjoetara » Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:19 am

I was leading my league before the start of tonights games by 1.5 points. I started off with a bang and picked up another 1.5 giving me a nice 3 point cushion until the second place team started to get going. I hit over .400 for the night had 5 HR 11 runs and 11 RBI. The problem was that the second place team hit over .500 had 3 HR 13 runs and 13 RBI and putting me a 1.5 behind him with a week and a half left. He even blew a save but picked up a win. I really wanted to beat this guy because he sort of rubs it in and I try to let my team do the talking. The score as of now is 96.0 to 94.5 and I have a feeling I am done. I do have a few more pitchers pitching than most teams so I might be able to pick up points in wins. Its amazing how just one night this late in the season can make or break your year.
shoelessjoetara Beginner
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: I have to be the unluckiest fantasy player

Postby Snakes Gould » Thu Sep 18, 2008 4:43 am

not even close. :-°

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby shoelessjoetara » Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:08 am

Snakes Gould wrote:not even close. :-°

I am probably over reacting, but why do you say that? You had a run of bad luck?
shoelessjoetara Beginner
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Bloody Sox » Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:51 am

You are completely overreacting... even if you had a 3 point "cushion" things are obviously still very close. Now you're thinking you're in trouble when you've just stated that he barely jumped ahead of you in runs and RBIs and you're only 1-1/2 back? Take the positive approach and consider yourself lucky that even though the second place team had 13 runs and 13 rbis, he's barely ahead of you.

In my league I had a 12 point lead exactly two weeks ago that has evaporated - I was down 1.5 on Monday and now I'm back up by 3, but there are so many categories that are very close that its still way up in the air. 11 days left is a LONG time - keep fighting and scraping for every 1/2 point and that's all you can do.
"The government cannot give to anyone anything that it does not first take from someone else"
Bloody Sox
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 18)

Postby BitterDodgerFan » Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:59 am

i don't get it, you make it seem like the season is over. it's normal for 1st and 2nd places to switch nearly daily in a close race as yours.

you want unlucky, i lost a 20+ pt lead in roto in september and now we're neck in neck, changing places almost daily. by no means is the season over, i expect things to come down to the last day, and perhaps even last at bat. :-o

it's definitely exciting, but also pretty stressful. :-D
BitterDodgerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:48 am

Here to make you feel better shoeless joe. :-D

In a CBS league with some of my LightSide friends, my team got on a roll. I didn't lose for 3 months. 12 weeks straight I won close ones and ones not so close. Leading the league in points. I'd get nearly 400 points each week. I was rolling and feeling pretty good about my chances heading into the playoffs last week. See where I'm going? My team couldn't put up even 200 points and I lost. Them's the breaks son.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 7)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby RedSoxNation04 » Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:17 am

Ah, the dog days of September...

I'm in the H2H Championship in my 12 teamer and my team has been leading in almost every pitching category for the season and so far this week Marcum, Lackey and Bills have given me nothing but indigestion and an inflated ERA (7.00+) and WHIP (2.00+). Luckily my hitters are keeping me in it, but my opponent has Lee and Lincecum so the pitching side of the board is going to be tough.

You gotta hang in there and ride it out. You've made it this far and beaten out the other teams in your league. Lady Luck can be pretty rough sometimes...
RedSoxNation04
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Postby Neato Torpedo » Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:54 am

RedSoxNation04 wrote:Ah, the dog days of September...

I'm in the H2H Championship in my 12 teamer and my team has been leading in almost every pitching category for the season and so far this week Marcum, Lackey and Bills have given me nothing but indigestion and an inflated ERA (7.00+) and WHIP (2.00+). Luckily my hitters are keeping me in it, but my opponent has Lee and Lincecum so the pitching side of the board is going to be tough.

You gotta hang in there and ride it out. You've made it this far and beaten out the other teams in your league. Lady Luck can be pretty rough sometimes...

I'm in the same boat with Marcum and Bills. :-o My opponent has Peavy, Nolasco, Lester, and Danks starting, and has Joba, T. Buccholz, Jenks, Rodney (lol), and Soria in the pen. I thought about streaming from here on out to beat him in K's and wins but I'm probably going to do that anyway since I have twice the SP he has.

Rocinante2: you know
Rocinante2: its easy to dismiss the orioles as a bad team
ofanrex: go on
Rocinante2: i'm done
Rocinante2: lmao

Play Brushback Baseball! (we need more people)
Neato Torpedo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerWeb Supporter

Postby WyldStallyn » Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:57 am

its stupid to give up now. im 6pts back in my 6x6 roto keeper. a week ago i was 11 back. if everything goes perfect (get W from pretty much every spot starter from here on out with at least 34 more K's than 3 other teams), and all my hitters go .305 the rest of the way, and i get 13 steals) then i can take the title by 1.5 points. is it probable? nope. but im not giving up. i can at least make the other guy sweat.

point is, its not over yet.

now, everyone join in and root for greinke tonight! :-o

ps: billingsley makes me sad
Last edited by WyldStallyn on Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
WyldStallyn
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic

Postby RedSoxNation04 » Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:02 am

WyldStallyn wrote:
ps: billingsley makes me sad

Billingsley made me want to puke last night... %-6
RedSoxNation04
General Manager