What you think of Maybin? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

What you think of Maybin?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

What you think of Maybin?

Postby cnote23 » Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:50 pm

What you guys think of him? Some people think he is the next Soriano I think he is more like a mike cameron he does strike out alot.
cnote23
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafecaster
Posts: 620
(Past Year: 17)
Joined: 15 Jul 2008
Home Cafe: Basketball

Re: What you think of Maybin?

Postby kimchi_chigae » Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:59 am

People compare Maybin to Cameron just became they have the same name. !+)

I think he'll be closer to Soriano than Mike Cameron when it's all said and done. His contact problem showed up big time this year, but he was doing a lot better lately than he did in spring training and the beginning of the season. He has power and speed, and even if the AVG won't be around .300, he should still produce nice fantasy numbers when he get a few years of experience under his belt.
Free WR!
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 14875
(Past Year: 194)
Joined: 27 May 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Osaka Jail

Re: What you think of Maybin?

Postby J35J » Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:04 am

kimchi_chigae wrote:People compare Maybin to Cameron just became they have the same name. !+)

I think he'll be closer to Soriano than Mike Cameron when it's all said and done. His contact problem showed up big time this year, but he was doing a lot better lately than he did in spring training and the beginning of the season. He has power and speed, and even if the AVG won't be around .300, he should still produce nice fantasy numbers when he get a few years of experience under his belt.


I don't neccessarily disagree but I think your last sentence is the thing to watch out for.....it will likely be a couple years before he can fully develop that power and maintain an acceptable batting avg. Will probably be overrated going into next year, IMO.
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 10467
(Past Year: 369)
Joined: 26 Jan 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: What you think of Maybin?

Postby West » Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:11 pm

Maybin is 3 for 3 tonight with 2 SBs.. and now batting .889 for the season. A little ridiculous.
West
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1519
(Past Year: 85)
Joined: 28 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: What you think of Maybin?

Postby MasterX1918 » Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:48 pm

i can't wait to wake up tomorrow morning and read on yahoo how Maybin has been picked up by 200,000 fantasy teams.
Image
MasterX1918
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
Posts: 2150
(Past Year: 4)
Joined: 13 Mar 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: What you think of Maybin?

Postby smoovethug » Sun Sep 21, 2008 3:15 am

MasterX1918 wrote:i can't wait to wake up tomorrow morning and read on yahoo how Maybin has been picked up by 200,000 fantasy teams.


I was one. If nothing else it looks like he'll be a nice add for some steals.
Image

Hal·la·day, n. 1. every fifth day in Philadelphia. 2. a day of rest for the bullpen. 3. innings eater. 4. doc. 5. ace.
smoovethug
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Posts: 8955
(Past Year: 23)
Joined: 6 Nov 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Halladay Season

Re: What you think of Maybin?

Postby Snakes Gould » Sun Sep 21, 2008 4:31 am

i like him. hes got a good sense of humor, ambitious, dresses nice, and has a great smile.. :-L
Image

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 16051
Joined: 1 Nov 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Eternal Bliss

Re: What you think of Maybin?

Postby Y`s Guy » Sun Sep 21, 2008 11:47 am

smoovethug wrote:
MasterX1918 wrote:i can't wait to wake up tomorrow morning and read on yahoo how Maybin has been picked up by 200,000 fantasy teams.


I was one. If nothing else it looks like he'll be a nice add for some steals.



I am back in the hunt for my league title and am in an SB logjam. I am hoping Maybin can help me get 2 SBs this week. The runs will help, too.

Maybin in, Garret Anderson out. ;-D
My Friendliness bar...recently shrunk from 11.3 to 10mm long!!
Y`s Guy
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 3226
(Past Year: 275)
Joined: 30 Sep 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: If you're reading this then there's a good chance that I'm with your girlfriend.

Re: What you think of Maybin?

Postby DbacksRback » Sun Sep 21, 2008 2:02 pm

Snakes Gould wrote:i like him. hes got a good sense of humor, ambitious, dresses nice, and has a great smile.. :-L


:-b :-b
________________________________________

Image
DbacksRback
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Lucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 2879
(Past Year: 57)
Joined: 2 Feb 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball


Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Tuesday, Oct. 21
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

San Francisco at Kansas City
(8:07 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact