Position Players or Pitchers???? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Position Players or Pitchers????

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Position Players or Pitchers????

Postby BstonBruin » Fri Mar 05, 2004 3:44 pm

Early rounds of a draft? Would you rather get the position players or the pitchers? Or what round to start getting pitchers in

Thanks
Christoph
BstonBruin
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby beej-lo » Fri Mar 05, 2004 3:50 pm

i usually go for value when debating a hitter/batter pick. this year, i am going mainly hitters in the first 4-5 rounds. i think the draft will be deep with SP. however, if there is a great pitcher that slips for some odd reason, i'd probably take SP. i think it can be really easy to take a sexy pick like Prior late in rd 1 or early rd 2, but i think that a 1st round hitter is better than a 4th round hitter, while a 1st/2nd round pitcher may not have much of a lead over a 4th rd pitcher.
beej-lo
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby drunkenmonkey » Fri Mar 05, 2004 4:32 pm

I agree. Through nine rounds of my current draft, I've only taken one SP and 2 RP. There's still a lot of pitching talent on the board, but the offense is drying up quickly.

In my last draft, I only took 3 pitchers in the first ten rounds and still ended up with Hudson, Nomo, Zambrano, L. Hernandez, K. Wells, Ponson, Redman, Lohse, and Armas, Jr. My offense however is outstanding.
It's time to roll the dice.
drunkenmonkey
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 5)

Return to Baseball Leftovers