Fall TV lineup - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Fall TV lineup

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Fall TV lineup

Postby jfg » Tue Sep 16, 2008 7:34 pm

Is there anything good this year that's new? The only thing I see that might be worthwhile is Kath and Kim. I tried watching Fringe and didn't like it even though I love Lost.
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 169)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Fall TV lineup

Postby Dan Lambskin » Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:36 am

jfg wrote:Is there anything good this year that's new? The only thing I see that might be worthwhile is Kath and Kim. I tried watching Fringe and didn't like it even though I love Lost.

if you have HBO True Blood is new and pretty good. other than Fringe there isnt much new stuff because of the strike
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby jfg » Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:14 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:
if you have HBO True Blood is new and pretty good. other than Fringe there isnt much new stuff because of the strike

Ah, I didn't realize that was the reason. My wife wants to watch True Blood... we don't have HBO but maybe we'll find ways to watch it. She gets all of the books that series is based on the day they come out! Supernatural romance novels are the big craze I guess.
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 169)

Postby Amazinz » Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:40 pm

I'm looking forward to Life on Mars. I really like the U.K. version they had on BBC America. Two other shows I'm going to try are My Own Worst Enemy with Christian Slater and Sanctuary on Sci-Fi.

I thought the first two episodes of Fringe were pretty good. Not as good as LOST but I will stick with it for now. Fringe seems to be geared to reclaim the X-Files fan base.

True Blood is odd. It is extremely campy and the social commentary is so heavy-handed it will make you throw up in your mouth. Some of the acting is terrible. However, Anna Paquin is great as Sookie so I will keep watching for her for now. I wish they would tone down the sex though because it's been really trashy so far.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Metroid » Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:51 pm

I like trashy sex. :-B
Metroid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFootball Mod
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Amazinz » Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:09 pm

O Rly? I would have never guessed... :-b
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Metroid » Wed Sep 17, 2008 7:20 pm

Amazinz wrote:O Rly? I would have never guessed... :-b

What gave me away? Kat or Wooderson. :-b
Metroid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFootball Mod
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Neato Torpedo » Wed Sep 17, 2008 7:53 pm

Amazinz wrote:I thought the first two episodes of Fringe were pretty good. Not as good as LOST but I will stick with it for now. Fringe seems to be geared to reclaim the X-Files fan base.

Oh that's cool. I just started watching the X-Files for the first time recently and I really like the show. The Lost connection turned me off, though...I don't like that show.

Rocinante2: you know
Rocinante2: its easy to dismiss the orioles as a bad team
ofanrex: go on
Rocinante2: i'm done
Rocinante2: lmao

Play Brushback Baseball! (we need more people)
Neato Torpedo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerWeb Supporter

Postby Old_Style » Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:04 pm

Neato Torpedo wrote:
Amazinz wrote:I thought the first two episodes of Fringe were pretty good. Not as good as LOST but I will stick with it for now. Fringe seems to be geared to reclaim the X-Files fan base.

Oh that's cool. I just started watching the X-Files for the first time recently and I really like the show. The Lost connection turned me off, though...I don't like that show.

Well, JJ Abrams is the co-creator, writer, executive producer of both shows (Lost and Fringe), so that's where the connection came in.
I loved The X-Files. I'll have to catch up on the first couple episodes of Fringe. ;-D
Old_Style
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby abrage22 » Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:22 pm

now this is nothing i would watch, but i was just watching an mtv show, and i saw previews for a show where paris hilton trys to find a new best friend, seriously, you need to start a show to find a friend. o and she said whats most important is that they look "hot" next to her.whats next mtv
abrage22
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 7)

Next

Return to General Talk