H2H drama stories - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

H2H drama stories

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: H2H drama stories

Postby cnote23 » Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:28 pm

I lost 5-5 tie beacause my whip was high by 1/10 thanks ayala!
cnote23
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Cafe WriterCafecaster
(Past Year: 17)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby Grouperman941 » Sun Sep 28, 2008 12:13 am

The season in my money league comes down to SBs and Ks. It is 4x4 with no WHIP or Rs.

My offense has resembled the Twins for two weeks, after a couple of weeks of complete mashing, and practically every other hit for my opponent has been a homer.

I am down 24-8 in HR and 67-40 in RBI. I am killing in avg, though .295 to .245.

I gave up on power cats last weekend and picked up A Casilla and E Aybar. This brought me to a tie in SB at 3-3 (no one steals this last week!). Aybar keeps getting pulled early, which is annoying.

Yesterday, I thought I had Ks wrapped up, but he just got 18 today in 16 IP, partly thanks to using his last move on Dontrelle. I am up 111-101, but he has Shields starting tomorrow, along with a few relievers, and I just have 5 RPs. If the Jays games would have gone 9, I could have had a few from BJ.

Luckily, I am a full run ahead in ERA, so I only have to tie in the 8 cats. He can't catch me in saves either, but I can't catch him in Ws (4 of my guys have been robbed this week alone!).

So, somehow, I am up 4-3-1 with my worst 2 offensive weeks of the year, depending on 2 closers and 3 MR to keep me ahead in Ks, and/or hoping somebody steals a base for me and not my opponent.

This is my first time playing h2h, and I can see why it is so popular.

The difference between first and second is about $500. !+)
Be excellent to each other.
Grouperman941
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Neato Torpedo » Sun Sep 28, 2008 12:20 am

I've been checking Gamechannel all day and the lead between me and my opponent has changed at least 2 times within the day. Currently I'm leading 6-5 with 3 ties.

My score-his score
R: 61-67
1B: 81-81
2B: 22-23
3B: 1-3 :-P Screw this stat.
HR: 21-17
RBI: 83-81
SB: 9-2
BA: .314-.286
OPS: .924-.838
W: 4-4
SV: 9-9
K: 83-64
ERA: 3.69-3.68 (!!)
WHIP: 1.49-1.14

This is down to the freakin' wire. 8-o

Rocinante2: you know
Rocinante2: its easy to dismiss the orioles as a bad team
ofanrex: go on
Rocinante2: i'm done
Rocinante2: lmao

Play Brushback Baseball! (we need more people)
Neato Torpedo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerWeb Supporter

Postby Neato Torpedo » Sun Sep 28, 2008 11:06 am

lol now I'm leading 10-4, but he can easily take away 1B, RBI, SV, and ERA, and can tie in W. Should he have a big day like that, he'd win 8-5.

My score-his score
R: 61-68
1B: 82-81
2B: 22-23
3B: 2-3 :-P Screw this stat still.
HR: 21-17
RBI: 85-81
SB: 9-2
BA: .315-.283
OPS: .929-.828
W: 5-4
SV: 10-9
K: 90-64
ERA: 3.53-3.68
WHIP: 1.42-1.14

But then again, if I keep my lead in all of them, take doubles, and tie triples, I'd win 11-2. :-? :-B

Neato Torpedo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Knights » Sun Sep 28, 2008 7:44 pm

My H2H drama story can officially be called a success!

I was down 8-2 coming into today's games... and I wasn't even close in the entire 2-week seies. I was down 9-1 after Day 1 of the Championship, and for the next 13 days the daily score was always either 9-1 or 8-2 for my opponent. And to make matters even worse, heading into the final day of the season I was so far behind in 5 cats (R, HR, RBI, SB, SV) that I needed all of the 5 other cats, plus the tiebreaker (ERA) to win. I had a stranglegold on AVG and W, leaving K, ERA, and WHIP that I had to take over.

So last night I'm looking for today's probable pitchers to try to find a free agent that would give me Ks and good averages. So I grab Scott Baker and Jesse Litsch (who I just dumped a week ago). When the day is over, Baker and Litsch give me 14 IP, with 14 Ks and only 1 ER. Meanwhile, my opponent plays Daisuke and Luis Ayala, both of whom get hit hard and bump up his stats as well.

The result: I take over Ks, ERA and WHIP, and the Championship ends tied 5-5... but with my 3.64 to 3.96 victory I win the tiebreaker and claiming the Championship, making a strong comeback from in a 2-week series where I was never even close to leading until the very end!

This is just another reason why I'm glad I switched exclusively to H2H leagues a few seasons ago... so much more excitement, and a chance to win at the very end, no matter how bad the score looks before the final day.
Knights
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 28)

Postby drewdat » Sun Sep 28, 2008 9:26 pm

Roto, but it's in the same vein.

I'm up 95-94.5. I checked, and all 5x5 cats are locked with one reserves game in progress except AVG, which is tied between second place and someone else random (I'm last in AVG, thanks April - July Ryan Howard. And I fought back to within .001, even tied it up, but it's just not to be.). Second place guy is done for sure, no Yanks or Sox. Random dude has Xavier Nady, who has gone 0-3 so far in the second game. Basically, the league comes down to someone else's Xavier Nady AB or AB's. A hit or no more AB's wins me the league, an out is questionable, but the tie was there before today, so it's already got the 0-3 pulling on it, I think.

1-3 lifetime vs. Timlin, come on!

By the way, what's tiebreaker in roto? Are ties broken?

Edit: Just checked, thank goodness AVG is only counted to three decimal places, because in truth, somebody's higher... :-°

Walk! Dodged a bullet.
drewdat
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Neato Torpedo » Sun Sep 28, 2008 10:07 pm

^^^Damn dude. That's nowhere near as dramatic as mine, though I got a bit nervous near the end. I started off the championship round with a blue-fire start, but my opponent (who had the best regular season record and had destroyed his semis opponent) gradually came back and actually took the lead on Friday, 6-5 in a 14-cat league. But I won nonetheless. ;-D

Neato Torpedo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Grouperman941 » Sun Sep 28, 2008 10:15 pm

Grouperman941 wrote:The season in my money league comes down to SBs and Ks. It is 4x4 with no WHIP or Rs.

My offense has resembled the Twins for two weeks, after a couple of weeks of complete mashing, and practically every other hit for my opponent has been a homer.

I am down 24-8 in HR and 67-40 in RBI. I am killing in avg, though .295 to .245.

I gave up on power cats last weekend and picked up A Casilla and E Aybar. This brought me to a tie in SB at 3-3 (no one steals this last week!). Aybar keeps getting pulled early, which is annoying.

Yesterday, I thought I had Ks wrapped up, but he just got 18 today in 16 IP, partly thanks to using his last move on Dontrelle. I am up 111-101, but he has Shields starting tomorrow, along with a few relievers, and I just have 5 RPs. If the Jays games would have gone 9, I could have had a few from BJ.

Luckily, I am a full run ahead in ERA, so I only have to tie in the 8 cats. He can't catch me in saves either, but I can't catch him in Ws (4 of my guys have been robbed this week alone!).

So, somehow, I am up 4-3-1 with my worst 2 offensive weeks of the year, depending on 2 closers and 3 MR to keep me ahead in Ks, and/or hoping somebody steals a base for me and not my opponent.

This is my first time playing h2h, and I can see why it is so popular.

The difference between first and second is about $500. !+)

Talk about drama (well, for me anyway lol). He gets within 6 Ks going into tonight's game, and he has Masterson. Luckily he only got one K, so unless Ortiz comes in for BOS and steals a base, I eked out my first $$$ win. ;-D

NVM -- a steal gives us a tie and I win. :-)
Last edited by Grouperman941 on Sun Sep 28, 2008 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Be excellent to each other.
Grouperman941
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic

Postby drewdat » Sun Sep 28, 2008 10:20 pm

OK, it could hit extra innings, but I think I have a couple hitless AB's to play with, assuming Yahoo rounds normally.

Looks like 4 hitless AB's, which should cover through at least 15 or 16 innings. But that's a lot of faith to have for the scoring to work like I think it will. The random guy (my hero) is .28687 right now, the second place guy is .28745. It could go wrong (relative to my understanding of the rules), no doubt.
drewdat
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby lane_anasazi2 » Sun Sep 28, 2008 10:20 pm

Just need to vent for a second here:

So I'm up 15-5 in the championship round going into Sunday. Here's what my hitters do: 0/27, 3 BB. Here's what my pitchers do: 1 IP, 1 BB, 1 K, 18.00 ERA, 3.00 WHIP, 9.00 K/9.

His batters get enough hits to take AVG, OBP and BB, which I had been winning in.

The kicker: He starts Timmy and CC and gets an inning from Okajima. 17 IP, 2 W, CG, 3 BB, 22 K, .53 ERA, .65 WHIP, 11.65 K/9.

I was winning 15-5 this morning and I'm pretty sure (doing the ratios by hand) that I just lost 8-11.

I had been up the ENTIRE two weeks.
-Lane
lane_anasazi2
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Writer
(Past Year: 33)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers