H2H drama stories - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

H2H drama stories

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

H2H drama stories

Postby ataraxia » Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:33 pm

Let me post my story here, because I just want to vent. You guys can do it too.

Anyway, I was losing 10-5 coming into today, but pretty close in all categories. Markakis, Teixeira, Wright combine for 5 homers, actually bring it down to 8-6. I was down 1 in wins, and up 1 in losses. I didn't check last night about tomorrow's starters, and forgot to start Vazquez (but had Verlander starting). Brett Myers pitches a CG, gives me 8-7. I'm just hoping for Verlander to not take the loss...didn't happen. Score stayed 8-7, and I'm knocked out of the winner's bracket, where the best I can do now is 3rd place.

The thing is that if I had started Vazquez, I would've won due to the tiebreaker rule (I'm leading in ERA). The guy I was facing this week also happened to be the guy I beat last year in the playoffs, again by 8-8 and winning via tiebreaker. It's left me terribly frustrated knowing that it was due to my negligence that I had lost...but oh well. Life goes on. WAH WAH WAH :~(
Absolute thanks to soty for the sig.
ataraxia
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: H2H drama stories

Postby mweir145 » Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:44 pm

Yeah, nothing sucks more than when you feel you didn't do everything you possibly could have to win.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 4)

Postby TheGinner » Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:50 pm

Here's my good one: I'm the Lesbian Converters

Started off Sunday losing 8-7.

I pick up Tavaras and Bourn hoping for a SB. Didn't get any.

David Wright hits me 2 HR. Teix hits my opponent 1 HR. This ties it 8-8.

My opponent has Jimmy Rollins. I'm listening on ESPN Radio: "Rollins at first, he's going.... got a good jump.... they pitched out.... GOT HIM". I was already losing the CS category, but the fact that if Rollins had stolen that base, I would have lost.

I WIN!!! Going to the championship game, second time in 3 years!!! I'm facing the guy I pummeled in 2006 for my first championship.

Wish me luck! :-°
TheGinner
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 6)

Postby Snakes Gould » Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:51 pm

mine hurts so bad i cant even delve into it :,-(

ps lesbian converters stink! look at those weekly totals. :-t :-D

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby TheGinner » Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:56 pm

Snakes Gould wrote:mine hurts so bad i cant even delve into it :,-(

ps lesbian converters stink! look at those weekly totals. :-t :-D

I've had the worst 2 weeks and barely squeeked through the first 2 rounds of the playoffs. I think I have a pretty good team :^

C- Soto
1B - Miggy
2B - Cano
3B - Wright
SS - Guillen/O. Cabrera
OF - Hamilton
OF - Sizemore
OF - Vladdy
Util - C. Hart

SP - Johan
SP - Harden
SP - D. Haren
SP - Burnett
SP - Verlander
SP - Scherzer
RP - Torres
RP - Gregg
RP - B.Wilson
RP - Broxton
RP - Arredondo

But yea those totals were weaksauce. :-t
TheGinner
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 6)

Postby KCollins1304 » Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:58 pm

I crapped the bed this week in 3 leagues where I was the #1 seed. :-°
KCollins1304
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mweir145 » Sun Sep 14, 2008 11:02 pm

Okay...here's a story that could happen tonight. With the Tigers coming back to tie it up 7-7 in the 8th here, I still have a slim chance in AVG (and thus the matchup) if they play 13-14 innings or something. I just need a 0 for 6 combined output from Polanco and Thome over that time. Incredibly unlikely...but it will be ridiculous if it happens. :-b
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye

Postby mweir145 » Sun Sep 14, 2008 11:17 pm

And with that Wise grand slam, there goes my crazy dream. Oh well, it was fun while it lasted. :-D
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye

Postby Yoda » Sun Sep 14, 2008 11:25 pm

In my 12 team $ league, I had the best record at 138-70-12 with the bye and lost 3 series all season. Just had the worst week of the season and won't make it to the finals.

In my 10 team $ league, I also had the best record and led all week to advance. I lost Quentin and Phillips during the playoffs and my pitching hasn't been good at all in Sep so hopefully I can pull it off.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby The Artful Dodger » Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:23 am

See if you can top this:

In one of my leagues, I happened to be down 7-4 going into today. Now, it was a really close one and the score kept flip-flopping day to day. There were days I was up 7-4 and even in midweek, I was down 9-3. Going into Saturday, I climbed out of it to go up 6-5 but found myself down in this one. True to form, the score flip-flopped left and right.

David Wright opens up with 2 HR's and we're all square in homeruns. Ryan Howard comes back for the other guy and he slugs a homerun.

For me, Roy Halladay pitched OK in a lousy loss and Max Scherzer was solid. The other guy had Aaron Cook and he was gangbusters for a ND. Felix Hernandez was about to sully that ERA/WHIP lead though and the same with Justin Verlander. When Verlander gave up a few runs in the 8th inning, somehow his slim lead in WHIP was left intact.

Tex hits a homerun and the other guy's 4-run lead is no more and the AVG/OPS leads were mine. To break a 4-4 tie, Magglio Ordonez hit a homerun to break ties in runs and homeruns for a 6-4 lead my way.

Unfortunately, the other guy had Pat Burrell and he hit a homerun and scored 2 runs to re-tie HR's and go one up in runs. Maggs scored a run to tie the week at 4-4, with 4 categories tied. There was a chance in the 9th inning for Ordonez to come up again, but the Tigers go 1-2-3 and Ordonez is left on deck. Because of the ERA tiebreaker, the other guy's rolling on with the 4-4 tie victory. It sucks to lose my title defense that way, but I won this league last year and I don't mind.

...but in the H2H World Series:

Nick Markakis hit 2 HR's to turn an 8-3 deficit and in a couple of days turn it into a 6-5 win. Phew. ;-D

It's kinda like the Old Cafe - http://fbc2.freeforums.net
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 670)

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers