JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Mafia Game V Signups

Postby bleach168 » Sun Sep 14, 2008 11:50 pm

I want in.
"And so he spoke, and so he spoke, that lord of Castamere. But now the rains weep o'er his hall, with no one there to hear." - The Rains of Castamere
bleach168
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 16)

Postby chris8 » Mon Sep 15, 2008 6:32 am

I'm away until Wednesday, so can't make this one.

Do we know who won Game 4 yet?! :-?
chris8
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 103)

Postby bigh0rt » Mon Sep 15, 2008 7:03 am

chris8 wrote:I'm away until Wednesday, so can't make this one.

Do we know who won Game 4 yet?! :-?

With the length of the game, and uneventful nature, I think we're all losers there. :-b
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 348)

Postby AussieDodger » Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:59 am

SJNez46 wrote:Decided to start up another game of mafia, since ive missed out on the past few. Changed the rules slightly, to spice things up a bit. If the majority of people want to play by normal rules than i will change it.
Looking for 12 players.
9 townies, 2 mafia, and an Insane Serial Killer. 1 doctor and 1 investigator like usual.

1. BigKen
2. Wake
3. BigH0rt
4. SnakesGould
5. teddy
6. mookie
7. Jfg
8. Inunchuk
9.the show
10. JTWood
11. Bleach

You forgot me. :-o

I know how JTWhatsisname feels. X-I
ATTENTION LONG-TIMERS! NEW FBC: http://fbc2.freeforums.net/
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 25)

Postby J35J » Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:07 am

I think a fun twist, and something to speed the game up, would be to require every post to be 1 or more of these 4 things. You either have to ask a question.....answer a question....vote for someone or unvote for someone. You can do more than 1 of these things at a time of course but you can only do these things.

I think it would cut to the chase a little better and would really get the ball rolling. You're pretty much only allowed to question people the whole time. ;-D

Something else we could probably incorporate into a game....just as something different to do.... So you have 2 mafioso...make 1 a mob boss. If the town kills the mob boss then the last mafioso can't whack anyone that night. It gives the town a free pass that night, something like the last mafioso is helpless without his boss. If the mob boss is all that is left of the 2 then he gets 2 kills that night, an additional kill for him, like a retaliation kill or something. Anyway, just an idea I was kicking around....it could make things interesting.
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 369)

Postby bigken117 » Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:16 am

:-S

unvote: jfg
vote: J35J

Jacoby Ellsbury - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!

Play Pick 3!

Follow the Cafe on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 248)

Postby bigh0rt » Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:19 am

J35J wrote:I think a fun twist, and something to speed the game up, would be to require every post to be 1 or more of these 4 things. You either have to ask a question.....answer a question....vote for someone or unvote for someone. You can do more than 1 of these things at a time of course but you can only do these things.

I think it would cut to the chase a little better and would really get the ball rolling. You're pretty much only allowed to question people the whole time. ;-D

Something else we could probably incorporate into a game....just as something different to do.... So you have 2 mafioso...make 1 a mob boss. If the town kills the mob boss then the last mafioso can't whack anyone that night. It gives the town a free pass that night, something like the last mafioso is helpless without his boss. If the mob boss is all that is left of the 2 then he gets 2 kills that night, an additional kill for him, like a retaliation kill or something. Anyway, just an idea I was kicking around....it could make things interesting.

Could you somehow incorporate random dice rolls into this equation? :-S :-b I still sort of grasp the rules, at this point. :-D
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 348)

Postby Mookie4ever » Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:22 am

We need The Loveable Losers to make a spreadsheet explaining all of this.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 277)

Postby wake » Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:33 am

Here are some of the other roles for this game. I always think it's better when the game's kept fairly simple though.

http://mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=Roles
wake
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk