DRAFTAHOLIC wrote:Now that David Price is up will he outshine someone like Cole Hamels because Price is on a better team?
Have you learned nothing from the NL Cy Young debate?
Price's WHIP in 4 AAA starts (18 IP) was 1.72, and his BB/9 was 4.5/9. Granted, it's a tiny sample size, but he's rocketed up the minors and it's be too early for him to dominate. It's unbelievably rare for a pitcher to come up and dominate. Give him a couple years, it's way too much to ask of a pitcher to dominate out of the gate. 80% chance he'll replace Edwin Jackson once he joins the rotation, 20% Sonnanstine.