kenley1 wrote:Can you help a newby out?
This is my first season with fantasy baseball and I have gotten data and advice overload so far. Could you help me with these questions?
1) ESPN or CBS Sportsline or other website game?
2) Beginner drafting advice?
3) How to get into a league as an independent?
4) Most important indicator of a hitter? Pitcher?
5) Anyone looking for additonal owners? (Experience not necessary)
6) Any other advice?
Thanks in advance and I look forward to the replys.
1) if you are really new and broke - Yahoo. If you have money, Sportsline (you can join my league hehe)
2) visit the cafe as often as possible, get MLB Extra Innings and play at least one H2H and one roto this year
3) check cafe classifieds
4) if I had to pick one each OPS for hitter and WHIP for pitcher
5) you got the cash, I got the space
6) when you start out try to find a league with friends - it makes it a lot more enjoyable. Only once you have experience and need a bigger fix should you be joining online and impersonal leagues.
oh yeah - and register dammit!