Mafia IV - Night 2 - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Mafia IV - Night 2

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Mafia IV - Night 2

Postby dclark0699 » Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:12 pm

After killing one of their own in the_show on day one, could things get worse for the townies?

Oh yes, they most certainly could.

They wake up in the morning to find the body of the town Doctor - Chris8 dead with two 1996 Topps FP Santangelo rookie cards covering his eyes.

In addition another kill was made over night. In typical Dave Winfield fashion, they mafia first hit a seagull with a thrown ball, killing it. Then they threw the dead seagull straight threw the neck of Townie Big Pimpin. A vicious, vicious death.

Day 2 Begins. 6 Votes needed for lynching. The Townies are in trouble.

Mookie
BigKen
Bigh0rt
JTwood/StlSluggers
Teddy
jfg
Snakes
Aussie
Bleach
Rlode
J35J
Last edited by dclark0699 on Sat Sep 13, 2008 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
dclark0699
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Mafia IV - Day 2

Postby bigh0rt » Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:17 pm

Great, a 28% chance that 3 out of a possible 3 townies are put down on Day 1, and we hit it... Unless dclark was busy working or sleeping -- two things that not many Buckeye students partake in, I think the delay between Day 1 and 2 was due to the time zone difference, and that we were waiting for a nightfall vote from none other than...

Vote: AussieDodger
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 821)

Postby AussieDodger » Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:20 pm

bigh0rt wrote:Great, a 28% chance that 3 out of a possible 3 townies are put down on Day 1, and we hit it... Unless dclark was busy working or sleeping -- two things that not many Buckeye students partake in, I think the delay between Day 1 and 2 was due to the time zone difference, and that we were waiting for a nightfall vote from none other than...

So you "blah blah blah" and then you vote for me? As well as distracting people with maths on day one?

Go and eat some ravioli.

Vote: bighort
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 143)

Postby jfg » Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:29 pm

Even though it cheapens the game a bit, it's hard to ignore the long night....
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 169)

Postby bleach168 » Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:29 pm

Okay, this bites. I honestly don't know why big pimpin was killed. He was all over the place so it's hard to link him to anyone.

Chris8, on the other hand, can be linked to J35J. Now, the question is J35J mafia or was he framed?
"And so he spoke, and so he spoke, that lord of Castamere. But now the rains weep o'er his hall, with no one there to hear." - The Rains of Castamere
bleach168
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 51)

Postby bleach168 » Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:33 pm

Teddy is pretty suspicious to me too.

He placed the 6th vote on The Show, just basically hopping on the bandwagon. Hmmm..
"And so he spoke, and so he spoke, that lord of Castamere. But now the rains weep o'er his hall, with no one there to hear." - The Rains of Castamere
bleach168
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 51)

Postby rlode67628 » Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:36 pm

This definitely bites. Down 7 townies to 4 mafia. We really need to nail one today. :-o
rlode67628
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby bigh0rt » Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:41 pm

AussieDodger wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:Great, a 28% chance that 3 out of a possible 3 townies are put down on Day 1, and we hit it... Unless dclark was busy working or sleeping -- two things that not many Buckeye students partake in, I think the delay between Day 1 and 2 was due to the time zone difference, and that we were waiting for a nightfall vote from none other than...

So you "blah blah blah" and then you vote for me? As well as distracting people with maths on day one?

Go and eat some ravioli.

Vote: bighort

Right now it's really all I have to go on. It was the longest night that I can recall, and not being able to link any of the departed to people still alive, I think it's as good a reason as there is to exist at this point in the game.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 821)

Postby JTWood » Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:04 pm

I feel bad for starting the lynching. :-/ :-/ :-/

Why didn't you ever defend yourself, Show???
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby Mookie4ever » Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:08 pm

The loss of the doctor really really hurts.

Is it even possible for us to win now? There are 4 mafia so even if we pick right every night, without the doctor that means that the mafia will pick off a minimum of 5 of us and as many as 7 before we get them all. We get on today (let's say Winfield) the tonight they get 2 of us (b/c even with only one member of the family I am assuming that he still gets to kill someone). Tomorrow we get another one, if it is a Santangelo then the mafia still gets to kill 2 that night, but if we get the second Winfield then the mafia only gets to kill one that night. So unless we are absolutely perfect today and tomorrow and pick off two mafia from the same family they will get 4 of us in two days and it will be down to 3 townies and 2 mafia. Looks really really bad for us. It's like the Yankees chances of making the playoffs, every day is a must win situation.

There is no way that the investigator should reveal himself now b/c if he does he's dead for sure, the doctor can't even keep him around an extra day. Even if the investigator has found a mafia he should keep quiet and try to find as many as possible, only reveal yourself and the mafioso if you are about to be whacked or if you work out the math better than me and you see that we are about to make a wrong choice and doom ourselves mathematically speaking. That make sense?
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 301)

Next

Return to General Talk