Mafia IV Night 1 - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Mafia IV Night 1

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Mafia IV Day 1

Postby bigh0rt » Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:08 am

I suppose it could be interpreted that The Show was posting to rile some things up, coming off mafioso, conspicuously. I'll throw a vote on him and see if others feel the same way (aside from those who have already noted)...

Unvote: jfg

Vote: The Show
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 821)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bleach168 » Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:02 am

Sorry if this has been answered already, but what happens if the doctor tries to save a dying mafia member.

I would hope that mafia guy dies. Hippocratic oath be damned!
"And so he spoke, and so he spoke, that lord of Castamere. But now the rains weep o'er his hall, with no one there to hear." - The Rains of Castamere
bleach168
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 51)

Postby rlode67628 » Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:10 am

Taking away the joke vote from page 7

Unvote: Big bleach
rlode67628
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby J35J » Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:16 am

bigken117 wrote:Oh wait...I was thinking the odds over the next few days :*) I should quit drinking during the week. :-b

All us townies work during the week...why would a townie be drinking during the week? :-?

bleach168 wrote:Sorry if this has been answered already, but what happens if the doctor tries to save a dying mafia member.

I would hope that mafia guy dies. Hippocratic oath be damned!

That came off as mafioso to me... :-?

bigh0rt wrote:I suppose it could be interpreted that The Show was posting to rile some things up, coming off mafioso, conspicuously. I'll throw a vote on him and see if others feel the same way (aside from those who have already noted)...

Unvote: jfg

Vote: The Show

That came off a little mafioso like as well... :-?

And JT deleting a post and being from St. Loooouuuueeeesssss makes me think this is our 4th mafioso!

All very sound reasoning, no? !+)
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 620)

Postby Mookie4ever » Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:23 am

bigken117 wrote:
teddy ballgame wrote:I saw that deleted post JT. ;-)

:-? That's against the rules, what did it say.

[quote]

JT deleted a post? That is against the rules and the second most suspicious thing that I have seen yet. Although Jason is still posting like he did when he was mafia. J usually posts like a normal person but when he's mafia he goes off posting like an ISK, I don't think that he can help himself. So I'm sticking with my vote for Jason.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 301)

Postby chris8 » Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:27 am

There have been so many 'joke' votes on this Day 1 that I'm finding it really difficult to pick up any hints about who might be mafia. They could very easily just join in with the voting in a way that their serious attempt to lynch a townie gets lost in a bunch of non-serious voting.

Or they could be sitting back and not throwing out any votes at all! (Yes, I know I haven't cast a vote yet, but that's because I don't like throwing out votes left and right - I like to wait for a reason to vote for someone).

Looking at those people who have cast votes so far:

Big Pimpin: 7
bigh0rt: 7
bigken: 2
J35J: 1
Mookie: 1
bleach: 3
jfg: 1
rlode: 1
Aussie: 2
Snakes: 1
The Show: 1
JT/Sluggers: 1
Chris & Teddy: 0

The two guys with 7 are both newbies at this game, I think, so it could be just a load of joke votes...or one or both of them could be mafia and throwing out all these votes to make themselves look like they are not mafia, because no one expects the mafia to be so liberal in their voting! With me?!

But that's not enough for me to cast a vote for either of them yet. I'm looking more for someone who has kept fairly quiet, but has cast 1 vote during the midst of a load of 'joke' votes. There are a few people with just one vote to date, but one person kind of sticks out for me:

Mookie4ever wrote:
J35J wrote:Crime is in every St. Louueeessssians blood...

Vote: JT

This is the way the Jason voted last game when he was mafia.
(he then immediately turned around and voted for whoever pointed out that he was being weird and voted for him, so I am putting my neck on the line)

Vote: J35J

J35J has only made 4 posts so far. The first said "hmmmmmmm", this one was the second one. A nice quiet vote for JT (who had already had a number of people voting for him), which has only been picked up on by Mookie so far. The third post didn't say much at all - just that he wasn't mafioso and wasn't changing his vote, with an odd use of a 'mischievous' smiley. Now we've just had his fourth post, which repeats his jokey(?) reason to vote for JT as well as casting suspicion on several other people at once. Classic mafia misdirection away from himself.

None of this is conclusive, of course, but it's enough for me to think that Mookie was on the right track with his vote.

Vote: J35J
chris8
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 135)

Postby JTWood » Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:02 am

bigken117 wrote:
teddy ballgame wrote:I saw that deleted post JT. ;-)

:-? That's against the rules, what did it say.

It was an embarrassingly bad attempt at probability math. I would rather be killed out of this game then allow that poor display of logic to continue to exist.

!+) !+) !+)
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby J35J » Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:14 am

Not a good move Chris. I've realized this Day 1 is a crap shoot so thats why there has been little attempt at reason on who I voted for. And its really hard to make any further comments so far because 90% of what I've read has been a bunch of "grab A" from the n00bs.

Me not mafioso this game! Please, look another direction. :,-(
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 620)

Postby bigken117 » Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:30 am

Let's get The Show on the road.

Pun intended !+)

unvote: jfg
vote: The Show

Jacoby Ellsbury - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!

Play Pick 3!

Follow the Cafe on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 254)

Postby AussieDodger » Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:37 am

bigken117 wrote:Let's get The Show on the road.

Pun intended !+)

unvote: jfg
vote: The Show

Did you make a pun? :-S
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 143)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk