Collusion in a money CBS league. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Collusion in a money CBS league.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Collusion in a money CBS league.

Postby Dan Lambskin » Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:48 pm

noseeum wrote:I don't get how you're in a money league and don't know who the commish is. That seems weird.

This is a pretty clear case of collusion though. There's a way to combat transaction surprises like that, which is to set your account to alert you by email for any add/drops.

Whoever is the commish of your league should pull Soriano off that guy's team and put him back on the other guy's team, then lock the non-playoff team's roster. Actually, all non-playoff team's rosters should be locked. That's just standard procedure in my league. Commish can do this.

CBS runs money leagues that pit groups of strangers against each other (and take a huge cut...i'm in a 10 team 5x5 for $100...payout is only $600 to 1st place and they have some Grand Prize for all the leagues) and they have "comissioners" for these leagues, which is just some CBS employee who is probably the "commish" for 500 leagues
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby noseeum » Tue Sep 09, 2008 1:25 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:
noseeum wrote:I don't get how you're in a money league and don't know who the commish is. That seems weird.

This is a pretty clear case of collusion though. There's a way to combat transaction surprises like that, which is to set your account to alert you by email for any add/drops.

Whoever is the commish of your league should pull Soriano off that guy's team and put him back on the other guy's team, then lock the non-playoff team's roster. Actually, all non-playoff team's rosters should be locked. That's just standard procedure in my league. Commish can do this.

CBS runs money leagues that pit groups of strangers against each other (and take a huge cut...i'm in a 10 team 5x5 for $100...payout is only $600 to 1st place and they have some Grand Prize for all the leagues) and they have "comissioners" for these leagues, which is just some CBS employee who is probably the "commish" for 500 leagues

Oh, well that explains it. Money, stangers and FLB is a toxic mix.
noseeum
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby knapplc » Tue Sep 09, 2008 1:29 pm

So... did you email CBS, and if so, what was their reply?
Keep wreves in General Talk in 2011!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby WyldStallyn » Tue Sep 09, 2008 1:37 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:

that sounds like fun %-6
WyldStallyn
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic

Postby jsibi18 » Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:26 am

Well, I beat him by 5 points.

What's funny is that he dropped Chris B. Young to acquire Soriano and he would have won if he had never done that.

Thanks for all the input guys.
jsibi18
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 8)

Postby bigh0rt » Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:44 am

jsibi18 wrote:Well, I beat him by 5 points.

What's funny is that he dropped Chris B. Young to acquire Soriano and he would have won if he had never done that.

Thanks for all the input guys.

Sometimes karma bites back at just the right time.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 307)

Postby BitterDodgerFan » Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:10 pm

ROFL... that's hilarious that he would've won with young.
BitterDodgerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers