Collusion in a money CBS league. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Collusion in a money CBS league.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Collusion in a money CBS league.

Postby jsibi18 » Mon Sep 08, 2008 7:28 pm

I am in a CBS Money league, not a lot but it is still money. Just before the trade deadline I noticed a trade that had occurred but I had failed to object because I hadn't checked my league over the weekend.

Team A (Good shot at playoffs) gets:
Papelbon, Jonathan RP BOS
Pedroia, Dustin 2B BOS
Youkilis, Kevin 1B BOS

Team B (Second last) gets:
Damon, Johnny CF NYY
Garland, Jon SP ANA
Ryan, B.J. RP TOR

Okay fine, I missed the objection period. That was my own fault.

Now, in the first game of the 4 team playoffs I am up against Team A. I notice today that he claimed Alfonso Soriano off waivers but I do not see anyone drop him in the recent transactions so I check out more transactions and notice Team B dropped him on Saturday at 2:07 PM. At 2:12 PM, Team A starts to make a bunch of Drop/Adds for 2-start pitchers presumably to clear the recent transactions seen on the home page.

So now I'm up against a stacked team that received players from a buddy and I have no idea what I can do about it. I can't figure out who the commissioner is but I've posted on the messege board and now one other team in the playoffs has posted and is upset as well.

Is there anything that can be done? Or should I just hope for a great week then rub it in his face that I beat him even with the cheating.

/rant

Thanks a lot for any input you can give me. I'd greatly appreciate it.

jsibi
jsibi18
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 8)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Collusion in a money CBS league.

Postby Yoda » Mon Sep 08, 2008 7:30 pm

email CBS?
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Neato Torpedo » Mon Sep 08, 2008 7:32 pm

Hack into his computer and/or track him down to punch him in the face.

Rocinante2: you know
Rocinante2: its easy to dismiss the orioles as a bad team
ofanrex: go on
Rocinante2: i'm done
Rocinante2: lmao

Play Brushback Baseball! (we need more people)
Neato Torpedo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerWeb Supporter

Postby sblinyy » Mon Sep 08, 2008 8:09 pm

Neato Torpedo wrote:Hack into his computer and/or track him down to punch him in the face.

;-D

I would try emailing cbs to see if they can do anything about it.

Thanks to abrage22 for the sweet sig!
sblinyy
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Old_Style » Tue Sep 09, 2008 3:00 am

jsibi18 wrote:Is there anything that can be done? Or should I just hope for a great week then rub it in his face that I beat him even with the cheating.

I really hope this is the outcome.

I'm unfamiliar with CBS money leagues. What are the payouts?
Old_Style
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby chris8 » Tue Sep 09, 2008 3:15 am

It's obvious collusion, so I hope you manage to beat him, but I don't know if you have much chance of getting CBS to act.

The league had the opportunity to veto the trade, and didn't. Everyone had a chance to put in a waiver claim for Soriano and didn't. (I know they did all these Add/Drops to get Soriano off the front page, but I always check the full list of transactions if the last one I saw isn't on the front page). The only way that can be called is if the team who picked Soriano up had the #1 waiver. Otherwise every team who had a higher priority had the chance to get him, but didn't.

Hope it works out for you, and contact CBS by all means, but I wouldn't expect them to do anything, I'm afraid.
chris8
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 103)

Postby Inukchuk » Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:06 am

I tend to side with chris here. As sucky as it sounds, everything the guy did was legit, albeit very douchebaggish. I can't see cbs being able to do anything about it.
abrunn11... the place to go for all your sig needs...
Inukchuk
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
Location: Coming down on this hospital like the hammer of Thor

Postby Dan Lambskin » Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:12 am

chris8 wrote:It's obvious collusion, so I hope you manage to beat him, but I don't know if you have much chance of getting CBS to act.

The league had the opportunity to veto the trade, and didn't. Everyone had a chance to put in a waiver claim for Soriano and didn't. (I know they did all these Add/Drops to get Soriano off the front page, but I always check the full list of transactions if the last one I saw isn't on the front page). The only way that can be called is if the team who picked Soriano up had the #1 waiver. Otherwise every team who had a higher priority had the chance to get him, but didn't.

Hope it works out for you, and contact CBS by all means, but I wouldn't expect them to do anything, I'm afraid.

i agree...best you can do is email CBS but like Chris said, the rest of the league didnt veto the trade either, and Soriano isnt on the do not drop list and everyone had a fair shot at him (unless team claiming had #1 ww). on the surface it seems a little shady, but i'm not sure you'll get anything overturned
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby noseeum » Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:45 am

I don't get how you're in a money league and don't know who the commish is. That seems weird.

This is a pretty clear case of collusion though. There's a way to combat transaction surprises like that, which is to set your account to alert you by email for any add/drops.

Whoever is the commish of your league should pull Soriano off that guy's team and put him back on the other guy's team, then lock the non-playoff team's roster. Actually, all non-playoff team's rosters should be locked. That's just standard procedure in my league. Commish can do this.
noseeum
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby jsibi18 » Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:52 am

Thanks for the input guys. I figured I wouldn't have many options but I'll try and contact the commish.

With the waiver pick up he had 3rd but the top 2 were out of the playoffs and were probably long gone from the league.

60.5 - 23.17 after monday! Man, I hope my team has a great week.
jsibi18
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 8)

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers