Nelson R. Cruz's keeper value? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Nelson R. Cruz's keeper value?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Nelson R. Cruz's keeper value?

Postby knuckler » Mon Sep 08, 2008 1:57 pm

I picked him up a week ago and boy am I happy I did. Dude is hitting 9-21, 5r, 6rbi, 2hr and an sb! I am just wondering if his value will carry. He obviously knows how to hit the ball (see minor-stats) but will he keep it up? and if so will the Rangers make room for him?

I picked him up in an AL 10 team 12-keeper league for $6. Is he worth keeping or just trade bait?

What are your thoughts on Cruz?
knuckler
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Nelson R. Cruz's keeper value?

Postby superslugger616 » Mon Sep 08, 2008 3:19 pm

Cruz is pretty interesting because he has shown awesome mi nor league numbers in the past and they have yet to translate into the MLB. People say he's the epitome of a Quadruple-A player, too good for the minors only to fail in the majors. I believe if he can perform at a good, not even great, level over the final few weeks, the Rangers will give him a look out of spring training next year, and that could help bolster his confidence and possibly give him some lasting power in the bigs. His value will ultimately be determined by how he finishes this year.
superslugger616
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Injuries & Player Updates