Pick up Pablo!!!! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Pick up Pablo!!!!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Pick up Pablo!!!!

Postby Bwanna » Fri Sep 19, 2008 1:19 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:
Bwanna wrote:I was really wishing Pablo wouldn't exceed 130 ABs this season, so he would still qualify as a MiLBer in my dynasty league. No such luck. :,-(

I have a similar "problem" in my other dynasty league, though my farm catcher won't come up this season. I also have McCann in that league and the farm catcher is Wieters. I'll have to find somebody in need of a catcher at some point before the 2010 season. :-b With Pablo's position eligibility, you should be able to play him and still shop for anyone needing an offensive catcher. I'm probably not going to carry a catcher into next season in LFOD hoping Wieters is in the opening day lineup.

Yeah, his 1B/3B/C eligibility is a plus, especially if he continues to rake. I'm actually going to carry Shoppach as my 3rd catcher going into the offseason-- he has 2 fewer homers (21) than McCann (23) with 150 less ABs. And a .269 average (.300+ over last month) isn't too shabby for the 27yo. My glut of catchers for the offseason in LFOD:

McCann - .299/23/85 in 488 ABs
Pablo - .339/3/17 in 124 ABs
Shoppach - .269/21/55 in 334 ABs

I've never had an excess of catching before. It's weird. ;D

I'll probably be looking to deal... :-D
[reg season/playoffs]
LFoD '08 [1st/3rd], '10 [1st/3rd], '11 [1st/2nd], '12 [1st/1st], '13, [1st/2nd], '14, [1st/1st]
BRAL '09 2nd, '10 1st
Bwanna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 244)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby kev8821 » Fri Sep 19, 2008 1:54 pm

I am loving Sandoval at C, 1B, 3B elgibility. ;-D Has anyone see this kid swing the bat? I've been watching him over the past month and he swings at everything. One strikeout in his last 29 at bats and 11 in his last 111 at bats. He just hacks at everything and makes great contact with the ball. The Giant announcers were joking about the only way to get this kid to NOT swing at a pitch is to hit him.

I love his aggressiveness at the plate for a young guy and his K rate is amazing considering he swings at a lot of pitches out of the zone. The flip side is the guy doesn't walk.
kev8821
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 4)

Postby Bwanna » Fri Sep 19, 2008 4:04 pm

kev8821 wrote:I am loving Sandoval at C, 1B, 3B elgibility. ;-D Has anyone see this kid swing the bat? I've been watching him over the past month and he swings at everything. One strikeout in his last 29 at bats and 11 in his last 111 at bats. He just hacks at everything and makes great contact with the ball. The Giant announcers were joking about the only way to get this kid to NOT swing at a pitch is to hit him.

Maybe we have a mini-Vlad ?? :-b
[reg season/playoffs]
LFoD '08 [1st/3rd], '10 [1st/3rd], '11 [1st/2nd], '12 [1st/1st], '13, [1st/2nd], '14, [1st/1st]
BRAL '09 2nd, '10 1st
Bwanna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby markj11 » Fri Sep 19, 2008 4:11 pm

Bwanna wrote:
kev8821 wrote:I am loving Sandoval at C, 1B, 3B elgibility. ;-D Has anyone see this kid swing the bat? I've been watching him over the past month and he swings at everything. One strikeout in his last 29 at bats and 11 in his last 111 at bats. He just hacks at everything and makes great contact with the ball. The Giant announcers were joking about the only way to get this kid to NOT swing at a pitch is to hit him.

Maybe we have a mini-Vlad ?? :-b

I don't think the words "mini" or "lite" can be used when talking about Pablo.
I ain't askin' nobody for nothin, If I can't get it on my own. - Charlie Daniels
markj11
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Old_Style » Fri Sep 19, 2008 4:12 pm

An extra large mini-Vlad is more like it.
Old_Style
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Bwanna » Fri Sep 19, 2008 4:15 pm

Old_Style wrote:An extra large mini-Vlad is more like it.

markj11 wrote:I don't think the words "mini" or "lite" can be used when talking about Pablo.

Haha... good point. :-b
[reg season/playoffs]
BRAL '09 2nd, '10 1st
Bwanna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby smoovethug » Sun Sep 21, 2008 4:42 pm

Didn't start last night (but got a nice 2 RBI in a PH appearance) and is out of the lineup again today. Is he hurting or something?

Hal·la·day, n. 1. every fifth day in Philadelphia. 2. a day of rest for the bullpen. 3. innings eater. 4. doc. 5. ace.
smoovethug
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 23)

Postby GiantsFan14 » Sun Sep 21, 2008 8:28 pm

smoovethug wrote:Didn't start last night (but got a nice 2 RBI in a PH appearance) and is out of the lineup again today. Is he hurting or something?

sore quad, i read he should be back soon, though for now it looks like hes relegated to pinch hitting
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 426)

Postby BitterDodgerFan » Sat Sep 27, 2008 1:03 am

so is sandoval going to retain his C-eligibility for 09? he started 9 and played 11 at C, but i'm not sure if it's 10 starts needed. i don't think he's going to start at C again so if its 10 GS, he wont...
BitterDodgerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby GiantsFan14 » Sat Sep 27, 2008 1:39 am

i'm pretty sure yahoo is 5 games started or 10 games played, so pablo should retain catcher eligibility in yahoo leagues
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 426)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers