A VERY SMALL BANDWAGON, THE JD DREW 150 GAMES THREAT - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

A VERY SMALL BANDWAGON, THE JD DREW 150 GAMES THREAT

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

A VERY SMALL BANDWAGON, THE JD DREW 150 GAMES THREAT

Postby KULCAT » Fri Mar 05, 2004 11:41 am

Thats right im saying it, this year is the year. I was gonna use the Jim Fassel "all chips on the same number" speech but i rather lay on the couch.
But im serious here. Im saying JD Drew plays 150 games, hits 30 hr with 100 rbi´s and hits for +.300.
I know its risky but i just have a feeling this happens and no i dont got stats to prove my point i just got a hunch wich somehow has become some form of capital sin in this site. But i bet you never predicted Cliff Floyd having a career year a couple of seasons ago after years of injuries.
Well im calling it!!
Hope someone´s with me here. ;-)
"Nothing is this world worth remembering was ever accomplished without Pasion"-Hegel
KULCAT
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Fantasy Expert
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby red » Fri Mar 05, 2004 12:31 pm

I've had this thought in the back of my mind for several weeks. Yes, I have the same hunch.
red
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Guest » Fri Mar 05, 2004 12:34 pm

The law of averages says it happens sometime.

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Zen Boy » Fri Mar 05, 2004 12:39 pm

he's homered in consecutive spring training games . . .
Zen Boy
College Coach
College Coach

Postby wkelly91 » Fri Mar 05, 2004 1:21 pm

The guy is lame. I would only take him very late in the draft. He went undrafted in my first two drafts. :~( :-P :-t
wkelly91
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Guest » Sat Mar 06, 2004 2:54 am

He'll be on the DL in the first month. The guy is a born crybaby

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby DGroundhog » Sat Mar 06, 2004 3:10 am

I think they sit him 12 games just out of fear of getting him injured.

It is funny how some people will bitch and moan about a low round guy only playing 120-140 games a year and always being hurt and swear they will 'never draft him, not even in the 50th round', then they turn around and draft Manny or Barry in the first round.

I'll take some missed games from a guy that produces. I knock Barry and Manny down a tad for their missed time, but I don't knock Drew and others completely off the draft list because I have deemed them 'injury prone' thru some mystical power I possess.

Nobody wants to build a team solely with players who tend to miss games, but you have to take a chance sometimes. I don't think I'll be drafting Drew yet (wasn't one of those HR's off of like U of Georgia? - big deal), but he has shown ability in the past. If he can remain healthy it shouldn't surprise anyone too much to see him have a good year.

I don't 'want' Drew or Kearns on my team. I don't 'want' Griffey on my team, but given the right circumstances, yeah I'd take a shot at one or the other later in a draft if it made sense for my team.

[b][size=18]70*[/size][/b]
* Steroid induced record
DGroundhog
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby LBJackal » Sat Mar 06, 2004 3:29 am

Another insightful post, DG ;-D

I'm sick of people totally avoiding players who have the potential to be great fantasy assets throughout the season. Knock them down a few notches, yeah OK, but avoid them totally? That's just ignorant. I've actually seen somebody say they wouldn't draft Barry Bonds under any circumstances..... :-o

But as for this bandwagon of 150 games for JD Drew, due to lack of interest you might want to add the Larry Walker 150 AB & Darren Dreifort 150 pitch bandwagoners, just so you have a big enough group of people to keep the bandwagon interesting.

:-D

"Jack, will you call me, if you're able?"

"I've got your phone number written, in the back of my Bible."
LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby wrveres » Sat Mar 06, 2004 3:47 am

LBJackal wrote:But as for this bandwagon of 150 games for JD Drew, due to lack of interest you might want to add the Larry Walker 150 AB & Darren Dreifort 150 pitch bandwagoners, just so you have a big enough group of people to keep the bandwagon interesting. :-D

LOL .. That might work ...

but I was kinda curious, how can you have a JD Drew bandwagon without one of these?

Image :-D
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 692)

Postby DGroundhog » Sat Mar 06, 2004 3:51 am

wrveres wrote:but I was kinda curious, how can you have a JD Drew bandwagon without one of these?

Image :-D

must not have had an ambulance.gif handy

[b][size=18]70*[/size][/b]
* Steroid induced record
DGroundhog
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers